Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6345 6346 [6347] 6348 6349 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429815 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95190 on: July 15, 2015, 04:49:09 pm »

Sounds like sound, well-intentioned advice Truean.  Nothing to feel bad about.  Maybe if you were being snarky about it, but sounds like the exact opposite of that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95191 on: July 15, 2015, 05:30:25 pm »

I am doing a pretty good job at whittling down the list of people who don't hate me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95192 on: July 15, 2015, 05:57:56 pm »

Went and did the errand. Took me about 20 minutes, wasn't awful at all, went fine. Didn't get eaten or get my ears licked. Hell, it was nice to get out and drive a bit.

Ugh I'm retarded. This was so stupidly easy why didn't I do it sooner I wasted a bunch of time procrastinating on it arrrrgh. Regret regret regret, shoulda woulda coulda, hindsight is 20/20, etc.
> Cut off extra, added angst
> Supplant learned logic into future 'MUST DO ERRANDS'.
> Remember the culled angst and add that into the mixture too.
> Totally is better than being angsty because of how linear thinking can tend to be. :P

I am doing a pretty good job at whittling down the list of people who don't hate me.
Methinks whatever hate may occur would most likely pertain to your attitude during that specific time interval, and whatever it was connected to. I doubt its permanent, or connected to you as a person, holistically. :)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95193 on: July 15, 2015, 06:18:25 pm »

Methinks whatever hate may occur would most likely pertain to your attitude during that specific time interval, and whatever it was connected to. I doubt its permanent, or connected to you as a person, holistically. :)
Even if the hate is of actions rather than of my person (though I'd dispute the implication that the two aren't related), it does affect me in general. And at least some seems to be permanent, since any attempt at reconciliation is completely ignored.

But I'm not meaning to derail the thread with whatever this is. Carry on as you were.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95194 on: July 15, 2015, 09:16:11 pm »

My parents dragged me to a restaurant and made me sit there like one of those british guards who's not allowed to move for an extra hour and a half after they finished dinner while they talked to their boring friends about who's had medical procedures lately and who was in the military a million years ago, while Fox News played in the background, and I couldn't amuse myself with my smartphone because "that's rude" so eventually I wound up amusing myself by seeing how tightly I could grip the blade of the bread knife because it was the most interesting thing available to do.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95195 on: July 15, 2015, 09:45:47 pm »

@Truean

Don't feel bad giving sound advice. Paperwork tends to screw you over, and failing that, positioning your restaurant business is very important. And good positions come with high costs nowadays.

Advice is advice, you being a legalmancer means you have credibility to give legal advice. Don't feel bad. If they reject it leave them be; they might turn out to be right, however, assuming they just strive hard enough.

A scary trend anyway is the fact Restaurant businesses tend to last at most 1-2 years before they close down.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95196 on: July 15, 2015, 10:11:06 pm »

It seems like, whenever I find a place I want to go to while I'm over in the US I find some reason I probably won't be able to go there.
This one venue I found that looks pretty cool, for example, is in an area that's "like an NWA music video", according to reviews. :-\
Seeing as I'd probably need to catch a bus from wherever I end up staying, that sounds like a good way to get killed/mugged.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95197 on: July 15, 2015, 11:08:14 pm »

It seems like, whenever I find a place I want to go to while I'm over in the US I find some reason I probably won't be able to go there.
This one venue I found that looks pretty cool, for example, is in an area that's "like an NWA music video", according to reviews. :-\
Seeing as I'd probably need to catch a bus from wherever I end up staying, that sounds like a good way to get killed/mugged.

On a bus? Honestly the worst you'll probably get is a bad smell and people bothering you far beyond what's reasonable because lolcrocodilehunter, dingo ate your baby, that's not a knife, and other such things.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95198 on: July 15, 2015, 11:24:59 pm »

Hahaha... I'll just have to slap on an akubra hat, channel my inner Paul Hogan and scare any assailants away with my unintelligible accent. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95199 on: July 15, 2015, 11:44:46 pm »

My uncle invited me to dinner with some of his friends.

Upon seeing Caitlyn Jenner on the restaurant TV, one of his friends made it her personal mission to repeatedly, loudly announce that was "the freak!" She then launched into a rant against Jenner specifically against transgender people whom she referred to as "freaks," for 8 agonizing minutes of my silence....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95200 on: July 16, 2015, 12:18:51 am »

Quote from: Truean
Glad nobody will believe her ideas because they won't last in this generation onwards. :v
Makes me sad too though. >_>

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95201 on: July 16, 2015, 12:23:31 am »

Glad nobody will believe her ideas because they won't last in this generation onwards. :v
How come?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #95202 on: July 16, 2015, 12:29:31 am »

How come?
Internet mainly. Lets the non-assholes fart with greater collective volume than the assholes for once, to paraphrase someone's sig.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95203 on: July 16, 2015, 12:58:21 am »

Internet mainly. Lets the non-assholes fart with greater collective volume than the assholes for once, to paraphrase someone's sig.
... what internet is this?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95204 on: July 16, 2015, 01:02:17 am »

... what internet is this?

Yeah, seriously. If there's some kind of hidden section of the internet (besides the one that's full of illegal things) where everyone is calm and collected I might wanna get in on that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 6345 6346 [6347] 6348 6349 ... 8167