Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6344 6345 [6346] 6347 6348 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9429855 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95175 on: July 15, 2015, 10:34:53 am »

Relentless physical pain is robbing me of sleep, and I am approaching my wit's end.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95176 on: July 15, 2015, 11:17:08 am »

Art is weird. When I was given 4 lessons of 45 minutes each to draw something in middle school, I ended up getting depressed and turning in something absolutely awful two weeks late. Now, when I'm given 10 minutes to draw something in a game, I end up with something halfway decent. It's practically impossible to make a masterpiece in 10 minutes, so I drop my perfectionism and actually draw the carping picture. I think I remember a famous quote saying something like "great things are made by having not enough time."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95177 on: July 15, 2015, 11:23:02 am »

Art is one of those areas my brain forgot to develop. Like, that whole lobe is missing. My kids' preschool artwork looks like fucking Picasso next to anything I try to do.

I've even tried other media like pottery and photography. Hands, y u no able to duplicate picture in head??

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95178 on: July 15, 2015, 11:26:10 am »

That's the fun part tho. Here's a neat little graph to illustrate it:

Gah, the squigglies' length has been getting shorter for me lately and I hit the green circle. Except for musicking.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95179 on: July 15, 2015, 11:37:45 am »

Accidentally deleted a save file on New Vegas that I didn't want to delete and that character is now back at level 9.
Black lives matter.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95180 on: July 15, 2015, 11:49:06 am »

A very nice person I know wants to start a restaurant....

She is (kinda) aware most fail, is an incredibly nice person.... She doesn't seem to be aware of the sheer corruption in the restaurant business. O boy....

She's smiling a lot, good but she doesn't get the corruption. Health department, business licenses, and stuff I don't even wanna mention.... Just o wow.

I may have accidentally rained on her parade and I really don't want that at all. I accidentally let it slip that she was "too good of a person," for that. I then said I wanted to make it clear I wasn't saying anything about her abilities and that I'm sure she'd be great. I then offered to hook her up with legit suppliers that wouldn't gouge her and said she didn't deserve to be hosed....

I kinda feel like an asshole, but in the same breath, I don't know. I've seen a ton of people go into the restaurant business, and it is often an expensive mistake. I mean liquor licenses, and just ... screwed by suppliers....

I don't want to be a jerk and/or anything but my god, I just ... man I don't want a nice person screwed over.

I'm slightly jaded.... A lot.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95181 on: July 15, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »

@Truean, though it goes for everyone: You shouldn't feel bad about giving sound advice to a person. You're the more knowledgeable and experienced person in legal matters, and they should know it as well. Unless they specifically tell you they don't want any help, go ahead. Education shouldn't be taboo.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #95182 on: July 15, 2015, 02:01:41 pm »

Thank you IceyTea31.

I think you know I was just trying to help. The issue is, I don't want to rain on somebody's parade either. However, today with the internet, people have more information at their fingertips than ever before. Yes, they can misinterpret, misunderstand and misapply more than any other time period to date. This applies to starting any business and restaurant as the most likely to fail business.... well.... heh.... O just ... wow.

Not trying to ruin people's dream, but dreams can be ruined by far worse things than me, and that would be sad too, so....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95183 on: July 15, 2015, 02:03:47 pm »

Legal advice is often the easiest to misinterpret, also the restaurant business in glorious Amurika is often full of people who fail, so its not unrealistic either :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95184 on: July 15, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »

Need to go do an errand. Social anxiety is acting up. Been putting it off for days now. Ugh. I'm having a hard time just leaving the house and going out in public for an errand. New depths of my reclusive social anxiety thing.

It's stupid. There's really nothing for me to be nervous about.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #95185 on: July 15, 2015, 02:18:23 pm »

theyre gunna eat you

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95186 on: July 15, 2015, 02:21:59 pm »

But only after they lick your ears.

EDIT: also, no sads, but why was the calm discussion thread locked?

EDITEDIT: It got Toady'd, as expected I guess.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 02:24:16 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95187 on: July 15, 2015, 02:24:06 pm »

@Truean Your advice is sound, and restaurants are certainly rife with corruption, but there has to be a balance made when you've got someone like that benefiting from your knowledge. A person of great cynicism can survive in an environment of corruption, but they will also never change that environment meaningfully. You should keep your friend from falling into danger, but don't let her mindset be ruined in the process. It takes someone who can face the corruption of others and continue to believe in what they're doing to become exceptional.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95188 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:19 pm »

Quote from: Truean
Mayhap instead of worrying about raining on her parade--be her guide through what could possibly be misinterpreted? :3 You sound like you put worry on the nice cake of knowledge--maybe being direct with...pretty much what may worry you would help alleviate that worry since you're detailing what exactly you're seeing for her to see?

Arm her with the tools she can use to face what problems lie ahead, and even if you may rain on her parade--don't discourage her, encourage (though the tone may sound discouraging), but inspire too. As the other awesome dudes say here: You keep her from danger, but let her see the danger as much as you can see it too. Awareness to the situation and things you see helps her see a lot more than what she just sees now. You've got resources with you--able to refer to others for advice too!

\o/ Truean!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95189 on: July 15, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »

Went and did the errand. Took me about 20 minutes, wasn't awful at all, went fine. Didn't get eaten or get my ears licked. Hell, it was nice to get out and drive a bit.

Ugh I'm retarded. This was so stupidly easy why didn't I do it sooner I wasted a bunch of time procrastinating on it arrrrgh. Regret regret regret, shoulda woulda coulda, hindsight is 20/20, etc.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6344 6345 [6346] 6347 6348 ... 8167