Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6343 6344 [6345] 6346 6347 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430825 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95160 on: July 14, 2015, 09:50:21 am »

Was woken up at 4 AM by a muscle spasm and have been unable to move since. Fortunately my roommate is here but he doesn't think I should try to move.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95161 on: July 14, 2015, 09:54:47 am »

I got a two pound bag of brazil nuts to eat as a snack instead of sugar garbage.  Pure fat and protein, they're like snack steak.

The only problem is all that fat means they go rancid easily.  When I got htem in the mail they were yellow, tasteless, and mushy.  20 bucks down the drain, these things are inedible.
Is there a bulk store nearby? The ones near me usually have brazil nuts.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #95162 on: July 14, 2015, 04:33:44 pm »

Disfiguring my face is probably a bad idea. So why does it seem like such a good one? I just can't shake the feeling that one of these days I'll do something drastic to myself without even knowing why.

I should probably see a psych*ist or a therapist.

/vent
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:48:12 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95163 on: July 14, 2015, 04:42:50 pm »

I found Kara again. This always makes me sad.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95164 on: July 14, 2015, 05:39:18 pm »

I wanted to see when the dog would first show signs of aging, but the cancer got to her first yesterday (on her tenth birthday! Weird).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95165 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:14 pm »

I'm so sorry, Putnam.  Two years later I still have dreams that my cat's still around, all I can say is that the sadness passes but the good memories don't.

And Arx...  I used to have similar thoughts, I don't know why.  They ended around when I became independent, but I still don't understand them.  If you think you're going to do something unfixable that you'll regret, it's only logical to get professional advice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95166 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:24 pm »

Disfiguring my face is probably a bad idea. So why does it seem like such a good one? I just can't shake the feeling that one of these days I'll do something drastic to myself without even knowing why.

I should probably see a psych*ist or a therapist.

/vent
...Intentionally damaging your face does seem like a poor idea, yeah. Interesting idea though. Even when I was at my lowest most depressed shit state I didn't think of messing with my face or anything. Don't do anything permanent that you'd regret.

I wanted to see when the dog would first show signs of aging, but the cancer got to her first yesterday (on her tenth birthday! Weird).
Sorry for your loss, man. Losing a pet sucks almost as bad as losing a family member.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95167 on: July 15, 2015, 02:20:56 am »

I am of the exhaustion. Between trying to explain to a couple kids how to operate the boat*, all of the geography assignments, coming home to find kittens, but also that the dogs crapped all over the floor and the fridge/freezer were overheated, and then the horse going through the fence, and then bringing all of the laundry in, and then running around doing this and that errand, I'm just done. The horse has also apparently spent most of the day laying down, moping, not eating much. He's obviously sick, and a vet is being brought in tomorrow. Whatever adrenaline buzz he might have gotten from crashing through the fence didn't really help, but he didn't damage anything but the posts and his fragile not-quite-masculine pride, either, so that's good.
I think he was kicking at the mares again and got caught in the fence. The logical thing to do is to flip out and tear down that entire section of the fence, and continue to flip out and run around afterwards. Because, you know, you're a horse. That's what horses do. Girls just continued eating.

I've been ordered to stay up and make sure coyotes don't get him. The order to stand guard was accompanied by several dozen other rapid fire commands that I've mostly forgotten. She was just pacing around blabbing about how I need to do this or that tomorrow. As far as I'm aware it was all orders to do basic household tasks that I do anyway, because that's my job, basically, until I'm no longer the only member of the family without actual employment

And surprise! I have class tomorrow at 9am, and a test.

Also, bringing the laundry in I accidentally broke my mother's favorite antique clock, one she's kept for thirty years. I feel terrible. This might also be why I'm being punished with hearing the list of chores.

* It isn't easy explaining to kids how to do something you don't know how to do properly yourself, and you're just terrible at explaining things, when all outside help has been taken from you. It is even more difficult to operate an overloaded undersized sailboat under the prior conditions. Average-sized kids at worst, but I'm pretty big too. These two were unwilling to split up, and so were the two women in my class, who ended up sailing without any students. We had an equal number of kids and college students, plus an intern, but somehow we wound up with the intern running off with two kids, two students going off together with no kids, one student (me) with two kids, one student who is practically a second intern sailing with one kid who might as well sign up for the class, and one student abandoned on the shore because we completely forgot about him. He kidnapped an intern and stole another boat, though, so whatevs. Our instructor in the nice big boat, meanwhile, somehow caused the rest of our classmates to vanish into thin air (or water) and came up to the dock with nothing but kids. Maybe he offloaded the class onto the dock when nobody was looking, or maybe I was mistaken to think they actually got on the boat in the first place.

I have learned much today. More than I taught, definitely.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95168 on: July 15, 2015, 02:30:20 am »

Dog shit = family arguments. Ahh the sweet and familiar scent of conflict.

Who knew it would alienate a mother from her son-in-law and her own daughter for having fed the wrong food and applying the wrong medicine (diarrhea medicine for humans) to the dawg?

Sigh.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #95169 on: July 15, 2015, 06:16:52 am »

I commented on a guy's drawing half a year ago, which he didn't take well. I just found out he edited it out and never logged in since. I feel terrible.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95170 on: July 15, 2015, 06:28:54 am »

Why would you feel terrible because someone can't take criticism?

Unless you were an asshole about it he doesn't really have a right to be butthurt because somebody offered an honest opinion on something he made. If you're going to be making any kind of art you need to learn how to take criticism, otherwise you aren't going to have a good time and you aren't going to grow as an artist, that's a simple fact ffs.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95171 on: July 15, 2015, 08:26:38 am »

If you're going to be making any kind of art you aren't going to have a good time.
FTFY
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95172 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:25 am »

If you're going to be making any kind of art you aren't going to have a good time.
FTFY
This.

Unless you're in the upper percentile, you'll have to deal with mind-bogglingly awful art.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95173 on: July 15, 2015, 09:10:48 am »

That's the fun part tho. Here's a neat little graph to illustrate it:
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95174 on: July 15, 2015, 09:59:01 am »

If you're going to be making art while expecting to always make 100% perfect art then you aren't going to have a good time.
FTFY
This.
Fixed that fix for you.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6343 6344 [6345] 6346 6347 ... 8167