Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6341 6342 [6343] 6344 6345 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9433018 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95130 on: July 13, 2015, 02:06:55 pm »

Gearshift on my bike broke.

Can still drive though. Just in 3rd gear, all day, erry day.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95131 on: July 13, 2015, 03:44:16 pm »

Don't think the friendship will survive either now. Mostly because she keeps insisting I have an ego problem as well as being selfish. The selfish part is somewhat true, I admitted as much because I haven't always given my best when I could've. But that's something that I'm working on.

The ego part? That hurt, a lot, and the worst part is that a part of me thinks it's true because this isn't something I think you can judge fairly yourself, so I really have no way of rebutting that completely.

And the worst part is she refuses to accept that maybe she was wrong and that she hurt me, which she sure as hell fucking did.

But I guess that's the thing isn't it, why the fuck should I bother with someone who's so sure that they're right that they completely ignore whatever you do or say and substitute it with whatever conforms to their fucked up view of you.

God damn it, and I really wanted to believe that I found another true friend since those are so rare.

Oh and I failed one of the exams today because I completely forgot there's a pre-exam test of sorts where he gives you a random number and you need to convert it into another system, which wasn't actually said, he just gave us some numbers and I was left there stupidly trying to figure out what was going on.

And less than six hours of sleep because it was so god damn hot.

God I hate everything and everyone now. Heck this turned into a rage rant from a sad one, funny how that works.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95132 on: July 13, 2015, 03:59:50 pm »

French fireworks are keeping me awake. Can't even see anything.

Why does a shitty French village in fuckall, nowhere have better fireworks on their national day than my small town at any time? :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95133 on: July 13, 2015, 04:14:41 pm »

Aw, crap. I was about to complain about my own problems (Adventures in depression and self-loathing, wee), but now they seem trivial in comparison to this. The world's lost a great man, it's average IQ just dropped a ton due to the loss.
Just want to note that just because one bad or good thing seems greater doesn't mean it invalidates others. Just as you giving an older person on the bus your seat isn't invalidated by the fact that you aren't giving millions of dollars to end world hunger, so to does the death of a great man not invalidate any personal problems that you might be going through.

Heck, you could even look at what you are doing right there as a further symptom of the problems you are mentioning. Putting down the problems you are having and saying that "they aren't important" regardless of how you feel is still a form of self-loathing. This is the "things that made you sad today" thread, not the "thread where we ignore the things that make us feel sad because someone else appears to have it worse". :P

Just figured I'd say that.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95134 on: July 13, 2015, 04:18:07 pm »

Just want to note that just because one bad or good thing seems greater doesn't mean it invalidates others.

It's kinda chilly today and I already finished my cup of tea. FML.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95135 on: July 13, 2015, 04:26:05 pm »

People aren't posting fast enough in threads I'm interested in!!

Which is really just me obsessively checking them as a way to procrastinate this business trip.  I'm already going to be pretty late, I'm just glad I managed to finally un-paralyze and get ready.

Maybe just one more post in Religion And Spirituality couldn't hurt... noooo :-X

Edit: Thanks guys :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:47:06 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95136 on: July 13, 2015, 05:14:49 pm »

I will probably never be able to finish this scarf that I've been working on since last September.

The yarn I need is called Grand Rapids Green, from Hometown USA. It used to be at my local Wal-Mart, but now they refuse to stock it for whatever reason. So I look on Walmart.com.... $8.29 for a single package. For reference, it was $2.99 in the store. Yeah, I'm gonna shop around a bit.

I look on Lion Brands' website, which lists it at $5.29. Still too much for a single package IMO. Ebay isn't any better. Finally I find it on Amazon for $4.99, which isn't what I was hoping for but still the best deal I could find.

It turns out to be an "add-on item", which means I can't even buy it unless my order total is $25 or over. So...... unless I spend a ridiculous amount of money, I can't spend any money at all? That doesn't make any sense at all. I just wanted to buy ONE THING. So, instead of making $4.99, Amazon has made no money at all, and convinced me to not buy anything on Amazon if I can help it. What the hell kind of stupid policy is that?

So now the green scarf will probably not be finished for a long time, which sucks because it was turning out to be the best one so far.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95137 on: July 13, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »

Ebay?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95138 on: July 13, 2015, 05:23:42 pm »

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #95139 on: July 13, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »

-snip-
You have the ability to apply to other jobs, if you can get the time/effort together.
Yeah, but I'm gonna stay in it. Stupid to do, and probably unnecessarily bad for my composure and such, but I've been making a decision like that for close to half a year now, this won't cause me to break or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95140 on: July 13, 2015, 05:46:54 pm »

Mom told us we were right, and next time they're not gonna ask.
Colossal dickbaggery right there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95141 on: July 13, 2015, 06:07:42 pm »

My parents are complaining that I take too many vacation photos
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95142 on: July 13, 2015, 09:19:05 pm »

Tax time.
I mean, happy because rebate, but unhappy because less than I'd hoped.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:55:48 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95143 on: July 13, 2015, 10:10:03 pm »

I will probably never be able to finish this scarf that I've been working on since last September.
How far done with it are you? If you're at something like one third of the way, you could change your yarn colour now, then again at two thirds, so it would look like you had planned the switch all along to create a multicolored scarf.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95144 on: July 13, 2015, 11:43:13 pm »

I guess I shouldn't have taken my internship in a family friend's company. Too many stupidity-induced situations that you can't help but get involved in. Regrets come last. >.>
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 6341 6342 [6343] 6344 6345 ... 8167