Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6338 6339 [6340] 6341 6342 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434671 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95085 on: July 10, 2015, 01:14:26 pm »

Meanwhile the water levels here are reaching 6 inches over the top of parts of the road here on the way to work.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95086 on: July 10, 2015, 02:00:13 pm »

Clearly the western US needs to import water from India.
It almost looks like it could be a rainy day here, but that would be too much to hope for. Clouds will just dump on eastern Montana or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95087 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:38 pm »

india needs to stop being federal donks and stop wasting giant amounts of water because no party wants to fuck everything up by dealing with it, then they can turn water into an export business

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95088 on: July 10, 2015, 02:15:52 pm »

We do that, actually, during the monsoon, sending flooding towards bangladesh.

Of course, during the dry season, we don't let them have water, so it evens out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95089 on: July 10, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »

I am sad, because I am forced to recognize that the new puppy hasn't improved at all in the months we've had her. If anything she's gotten worse. She barks and growls at us men she ever she sees us, which means all the goddamn tine, runs away from us, won't accept anything from us. She's okay with approaching/being approached by the women, but even they won't or can't train her, she's effectively a wild dog living in our house.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #95090 on: July 10, 2015, 07:19:21 pm »

So i'm getting closer to identifying exactly what is keeping me from drawing as much as i want to. This would normally be a happy thing, but... The irrationality behind it just bothers me. See, most of it definitely falls under anxiety, and i am getting help for that. Another part of it is slightly different; it seems to be plain fear. I'm not ashamed of being afraid, but this just bothers me so badly. It's pretty much exactly the same feeling as my fear of heights produces, with the big difference being that falls can actually kill you. I'm really not happy to have a feeling such as fear being linked to one of the few things that i consistently enjoy doing.

I've been told to keep track of "sabotaging thoughts" in relation to the therapy, and while there are definitely some of those, half the time it's just some terrible "i'm too afraid to start" feeling. And then, i ask myself: Afraid of what?

And i can't answer that properly. It is so terribly easy to fall back into the ditch that i've just barely crawled out of, and so incredibly hard to keep going against that nebulous fear and/or anxiety that's pushing me towards it like a sandstorm. It's tiring, it's draining and i'm already not the most energetic person in the world. :/
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95091 on: July 10, 2015, 08:02:00 pm »

26 is basically hell.
Bwahaha 31 Celsius here right now.  It's actually a bit cooler now than it will be for the next few days.   Oranges come from here, you should know this Mr Wizard :P.

But yea, India can get pretty hot, I would not be surprised if 26 is cold to somebody who is there all day every day :P

13c here. praise jesus.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95092 on: July 10, 2015, 08:04:07 pm »

So i'm getting closer to identifying exactly what is keeping me from drawing as much as i want to. This would normally be a happy thing, but... The irrationality behind it just bothers me. See, most of it definitely falls under anxiety, and i am getting help for that. Another part of it is slightly different; it seems to be plain fear. I'm not ashamed of being afraid, but this just bothers me so badly. It's pretty much exactly the same feeling as my fear of heights produces, with the big difference being that falls can actually kill you. I'm really not happy to have a feeling such as fear being linked to one of the few things that i consistently enjoy doing.

I've been told to keep track of "sabotaging thoughts" in relation to the therapy, and while there are definitely some of those, half the time it's just some terrible "i'm too afraid to start" feeling. And then, i ask myself: Afraid of what?

And i can't answer that properly. It is so terribly easy to fall back into the ditch that i've just barely crawled out of, and so incredibly hard to keep going against that nebulous fear and/or anxiety that's pushing me towards it like a sandstorm. It's tiring, it's draining and i'm already not the most energetic person in the world. :/

What's gonna happen? If you draw crap, then screw up the paper and throw it away, or burn it. Do you like to draw? Then draw. If you don't, then forget it.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #95093 on: July 10, 2015, 08:30:14 pm »

I feel disillusioned about life
And I don't even know why
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #95094 on: July 10, 2015, 08:46:08 pm »

What's gonna happen? If you draw crap, then screw up the paper and throw it away, or burn it. Do you like to draw? Then draw. If you don't, then forget it.
Well, recent reinforcement tells me that nothing bad is going to happen, but years of bullying have drilled this particular bit of fear really firmly into my mind. It's the damnedest thing though; i keep saying that it's sadly no simple thing to convince myself not to be afraid, and that's probably part of the problem. It's almost as if i'm looking for excuses to be miserable, sometimes, and that's probably not the right mindset to be having. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95095 on: July 11, 2015, 01:52:32 am »

It's late, I'm tired, I ache in multiple places, I dread what will come tomorrow, and I've already picked at least two shards of glass out of my hand.

I have had better days.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #95096 on: July 11, 2015, 01:55:39 am »

If it helps, my approach to that kind of fear is to take off every zig brake and charge headlong into whatever's scaring me, with an optional side of internal screaming. It's not terribly sustainable if you need to do it more than a couple of times, though.

I feel disillusioned about life
And I don't even know why

Sleep on it? Usually helps me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #95097 on: July 11, 2015, 09:17:42 am »

Argh, I remember reading about just that kind of anxiety and what causes it but since I never thought I'd need it I forgot.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #95098 on: July 11, 2015, 10:12:20 am »

26 is basically hell.
Bwahaha 31 Celsius here right now.  It's actually a bit cooler now than it will be for the next few days.   Oranges come from here, you should know this Mr Wizard :P.

But yea, India can get pretty hot, I would not be surprised if 26 is cold to somebody who is there all day every day :P

13c here. praise jesus.

Where is that and what do I have to do to migrate?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95099 on: July 11, 2015, 10:39:46 am »

Therapist gave me some homework, but I can't think of anything to do for it and I haven't actually done anything for it the times that I could >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6338 6339 [6340] 6341 6342 ... 8167