Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6324 6325 [6326] 6327 6328 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446307 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94875 on: July 03, 2015, 10:00:24 pm »

I have trouble with straight lines. Or circles. Or triangles. Basic shapes continue to elude me.
How to draw a circle:
 Step 1, draw a perfect human face.
 Step 2, erase most of the finer details
 Step 3, erase most of the facial shape
 Step 4, erase all of the shapes except the circle

Bam, a circle.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94876 on: July 03, 2015, 10:01:41 pm »

I'm currently working on switching my painting from tiny figurines to canvas.
Only now I'm starting to realize I'd make more money from the former.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94877 on: July 03, 2015, 11:04:54 pm »

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

My art is total shit tonight. I should stop trying to art tonight, I'm only making myself angrier and more critical of how not perfect all of it is.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94878 on: July 03, 2015, 11:12:27 pm »

Heard my sister ask my mom, while watching a movie probably set in the crusades:
Are those the christians, mommy? Or are they the bad guys?
:'(

Worse: no one even reacted.

It's was gonna be irritated, but thinking about it, the only media I can think of that's set in the crusades that doesn't portray the Saracens in a negative light is the first Assassin's Creed game. If she's small I guess I can't really blame her.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94879 on: July 03, 2015, 11:15:06 pm »

What is irritating/incorrect about it, exactly? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94880 on: July 04, 2015, 02:15:45 am »

What is irritating/incorrect about it, exactly? ???

Both sides were assholes. Crusaders are no better than mujahideen.

EDIT:
and fundamentally no different
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94881 on: July 04, 2015, 02:23:14 am »

I'm not saying the crusaders were infallible do-gooders or anything, they just certainly weren't the "bad guys" in that particular conflict.
Booze is Life for Yoink

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #94882 on: July 04, 2015, 02:39:27 am »

I'm not saying the crusaders were infallible do-gooders or anything, they just certainly weren't the "bad guys" in that particular conflict.
By most modern, western morality yeah, they pretty much were the bad guys.  Their pretexts for being there were questionable on a lot of levels including theological (no Pope, you don't get to send sinners to heaven just because they do what you want), they were incredibly violent even to the local Christians, and, well, they were the aggressors.

Also while both sides were intolerant compared to us, Muslims of the time were more religiously tolerant than the Christians.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94883 on: July 04, 2015, 02:53:07 am »

Modern, western morality is kinda retarded, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94884 on: July 04, 2015, 03:00:30 am »

I'm not saying the crusaders were infallible do-gooders or anything, but Orlando Bloom is never the bad guy.
FTFY
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #94885 on: July 04, 2015, 03:24:11 am »

Modern, western morality is kinda retarded, though.

Ok, do you believe if someone doesn't share your exact religious beliefs you should kill them?  Because that's the kind of shit I'm talking about here.  Not the little details; most people of that time were straight up evil by the standards of most people of our time.  At least those who still believe in the concept of evil.  And the reverse would certainly be true as well.  Ever taken out a loan?  Have a credit card?  Congratulations, you're going to hell along with the rest of our society of usurers.

The (super-simplified) fact of the matter is that, the original Crusaders were bloodthirsty knights with no wars to fight that the Pope wanted to get rid of, who killed a startlingly large proportion of the people they met including the Christians.  They came from societies that frequently institutionalized the killing of people of other religions.  The Jihadists, whatever atrocities they may have committed, were ultimately fighting to reclaim their people's lands from invaders.  They came from a society that showed significant prejudice against people of other religions but still generally allowed them to live and to practice their faith.  You'll notice that the Middle East is dotted with Jewish and Christian communities that have been there for centuries, while the same is not generally true of Europe with non-Christian communities?  There are reasons for that.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 03:26:10 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94886 on: July 04, 2015, 03:31:40 am »

Lent my brother $700 to get a car. He hasn't even had it two weeks and he sold it for less, then spent some of that money to impress his girlfriend for 4th of July. That's another bit of trust and innocence gone from my life. I fucking hate people. I show goodwill whenever I can, when I don't even have a reason to (I had plenty of reasons not to in this case) and it gets thrown in my face. Fuck my life.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94887 on: July 04, 2015, 04:00:11 am »

As long as he's going to pay you back then it's not your problem.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94888 on: July 04, 2015, 04:00:39 am »

That's the thing though, I'm expecting that that is coming many moons down the line, if at all. I'd have felt better about it if he still had the bloody car.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94889 on: July 04, 2015, 04:16:04 am »

popery
To be fair, the Crusades were at least in part politically motivated. Stuff like the fall of Constantinople and the invasion of Iberia, Europe was collectively going "oh fuck the Muslims are gonna wreck our shit".
Somewhat off-topic, but I get antsy when people say the Crusades were all about smiting the heathens and not about getting aggressive on a rapidly expanding empire.

E: What I will say is that no-one was the bad guy in that conflict. Or at least, the church definitely wasn't the good guy.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 04:19:57 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6324 6325 [6326] 6327 6328 ... 8167