Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6311 6312 [6313] 6314 6315 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452126 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94680 on: June 26, 2015, 05:43:48 pm »

Cross post from dream thread.

In the morning after I woke up for real, I also found out that the dog belonging to my parents (one of the ones I dreamed about) was going to have his snipping surgery canceled because my dad was worried about the dog becoming fat and slow and we were going to be camping during it's recovery.
Why is that a sad thing, though? The lucky bastard gets a stay of execution. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #94681 on: June 26, 2015, 05:46:11 pm »

The hyperactive horny moron gets to go on to keep terrorizing me and the cat, and won't slow down enough to maybe learn to play a game other than "keep away".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94682 on: June 26, 2015, 05:47:34 pm »

"Off with their balls!" does not seem like a particularly reasonable solution to such a disagreement if you ask me...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94683 on: June 26, 2015, 05:56:54 pm »

Link

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So a journalist is wrong but doesn't want to admit they were wrong, after them being wrong pretty much cost the job of the person they were wrongly criticizing.

This is like petty high school gossiping and rumour-spreading but on a stupidly larger scale. Brilliant.

Not only a journalist, but a journalist who teaches other journalists.

And say hello to modern journalism. :|

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94684 on: June 26, 2015, 06:09:07 pm »

Jesus Fuck my Facebook newsfeed makes me want to off myself this morning.
And then I get mad at myself for being so petty as to care about a website. And then I remember that I actually know some of these people IRL and I go straight back to being depressed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:11:53 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #94685 on: June 26, 2015, 06:24:20 pm »

"Off with their balls!" does not seem like a particularly reasonable solution to such a disagreement if you ask me...
Maybe not, I'll admit to being tired and grumpy and unreasonable right now, but we've been planning the surgery for months, saving up the money to get his undescended testicle removed, and every month we wait is another month in which he gets hornier and more of a terror to our other pet, and it gets canceled just like that? RIGHT after a dream where he permanently ruins my clothes?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94686 on: June 26, 2015, 06:32:06 pm »

Cross post from dream thread.

In the morning after I woke up for real, I also found out that the dog belonging to my parents (one of the ones I dreamed about) was going to have his snipping surgery canceled because my dad was worried about the dog becoming fat and slow and we were going to be camping during it's recovery.
Why is that a sad thing, though? The lucky bastard gets a stay of execution. :)

Seconded
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #94687 on: June 26, 2015, 09:17:43 pm »

fuck it, so i was lurking  here because i'm clingy and can't commit to anything seriously and this place is the only source i have for human interaction besides my kin and
A cloud of meh has descended over me. I don't know why but all my energy and motivation is suddenly gone. I don't feel like I have anything to live for at the moment: not in the sense of wanting self destruction, but in the sense that existence seems boring for some reason. I don't think I know how to properly express my negative emotions, trying to sleep this off results in the thoughts swirling around in my brain keeping me up, but posting about them feels self-indulgent and overly dramatic, and that I'm just fishing for positivity or something. Which is probably not how it should feel, but I dunno.
For whatever reason I feel really...Not sure how to describe it. Lonely would probably be the best way. I just can't shake the feeling that nobody really cares about me, just pretends to out of pity and a sense of obligation. Which is ridiculous, I know, but here we are.

And even aside from that, I feel like I should probably drop out of contact with/sever ties with several of my friends simply because it seems like I'm kind of doing the opposite with them of what I should be; that is, just dragging their mood down with me and making them miserable as well. And I honestly have to wonder if the same is true for the forums; I really don't contribute much of anything here. And if I were to just stop posting...Would anyone notice? Would it be a better place if I weren't part of it?

On top of that I've been incredibly stressed out over everything. Even though there's nothing to stress about. It seems I'm pretty much hardwired to always find every little, tiny thing and blow it massively out of proportion, constantly worrying about it. And sometimes it makes sense, like coming out of the closet, but other times it's complete asinine bullshit that ends up making me feel like I'm about to snap.
even though I can't articulate what I feel flame and hugo seem to have gotten [how i've been feeling for several months] fairly well. Flame nails a lot of it, and Hugo gets fairly close.

I guess I should add something, and so I'll say that lately (this summer) a lot of stuff just feels really really false. I know that it isn't, at least most likely not, but I can't shake the nagging feeling that everyone's just, as flame put it, playing pretend. Both here and in real life. Real life is what's bothering me the most, I think. I'm feeling alone and a bit abandoned by those people whom I'd called friend since exactly 0 of them have attempted to contact me as of yet, despite a few of them saying they would. I don't know. It just hurts a lot I guess. I guess I should try to do it myself, but I always end up overthinking everything and panic and then just leave feeling worse and more lonely than when I started. Coming back to here, I worry over posting things that I really should because of that feeling. Like, I want to post what's on my mind but I know if people actually acknowledge it or even make a desired response, I'm just going to feel like they're doing it out of obligation not because they care. It's really stupid, but fuck I don't know. Whatever I do I'm going to feel like shit because of it.

There are other things to be said but my mood and motivation are fading quickly and so whatever. Sorry for profanity, sorry for being stupid, sorry for not actually leaving, sorry for annoying you all.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94688 on: June 26, 2015, 09:30:32 pm »

even though I can't articulate what I feel flame and hugo seem to have gotten [how i've been feeling for several months] fairly well. Flame nails a lot of it, and Hugo gets fairly close.

I guess I should add something, and so I'll say that lately (this summer) a lot of stuff just feels really really false. I know that it isn't, at least most likely not, but I can't shake the nagging feeling that everyone's just, as flame put it, playing pretend. Both here and in real life. Real life is what's bothering me the most, I think. I'm feeling alone and a bit abandoned by those people whom I'd called friend since exactly 0 of them have attempted to contact me as of yet, despite a few of them saying they would. I don't know. It just hurts a lot I guess. I guess I should try to do it myself, but I always end up overthinking everything and panic and then just leave feeling worse and more lonely than when I started. Coming back to here, I worry over posting things that I really should because of that feeling. Like, I want to post what's on my mind but I know if people actually acknowledge it or even make a desired response, I'm just going to feel like they're doing it out of obligation not because they care. It's really stupid, but fuck I don't know. Whatever I do I'm going to feel like shit because of it.

There are other things to be said but my mood and motivation are fading quickly and so whatever. Sorry for profanity, sorry for being stupid, sorry for not actually leaving, sorry for annoying you all.
Can't talk for people in real life or other users here, but I have literally nothing to gain from pretending to care or not care about you. You're a user I recognize on the forums and I'd feel bummed if you went and left but that's ultimately your choice. I'm of the opinion that other people also would have nothing to gain from either pretending to like you or pretending to not like you, but I can't guarantee that everyone would think the same way.

Have you tried contacting your friends in real life? It's the only way to be sure that they either don't care about or they do care about you. Don't just sit back and wait for them to do something, take initiative and act first if it's something important to you. I personally don't take initiative and that's probably why I have no friends at the moment. Not doing anything is not a winning strategy when it comes to making or keeping friends.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94689 on: June 27, 2015, 01:33:24 am »

Stuck in the hospital because my ear is being dumb and I have no idea if I'll be getting in trouble from work...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94690 on: June 27, 2015, 01:44:28 am »

Link

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So a journalist is wrong but doesn't want to admit they were wrong, after them being wrong pretty much cost the job of the person they were wrongly criticizing.

This is like petty high school gossiping and rumour-spreading but on a stupidly larger scale. Brilliant.
Alright, just to be devil's advocate here, the reporter reported what he said.
The leaked transcript by Tim Hunt was a transcript.

We don't know if that was what he said, or if that was what was written on his prepared statement. He may have, in the moment, accidentally skipped that section of the speech, thus making it sound far more sexist than it was meant to.
I dunno. I'm a chauvinistic monster as well, but I don't think his statement was that terrible, even after the reveal. Then again, this is an industry which is really pushing for more women, and his statement, and his 'concession' to being a chauvinist, may have set that progress backwards, which is never good.

It isn't like he couldn't just walk into any other university and have them grab him in an instant.

-snip-

I do not Tiruin well. Me saying this is literally a force of effort and five edits.
I know your name. I like what you do in FGRP. I am not keen on the idea of you permanently leaving.
Feel free to post all of your sad crap in the sad thread. This is what it is for.

Augh I'm heading towards my next hiatus. For literally the opposite reason of Vector.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:59:53 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94691 on: June 27, 2015, 01:54:26 am »

Can't talk for people in real life or other users here, but I have literally nothing to gain from pretending to care or not care about you. You're a user I recognize on the forums and I'd feel bummed if you went and left but that's ultimately your choice. I'm of the opinion that other people also would have nothing to gain from either pretending to like you or pretending to not like you, but I can't guarantee that everyone would think the same way.

Have you tried contacting your friends in real life? It's the only way to be sure that they either don't care about or they do care about you. Don't just sit back and wait for them to do something, take initiative and act first if it's something important to you. I personally don't take initiative and that's probably why I have no friends at the moment. Not doing anything is not a winning strategy when it comes to making or keeping friends.
Exactly this.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94692 on: June 27, 2015, 01:58:25 am »

Got around 4 hours of sleep, first I had trouble falling asleep because my head was way too busy. Which would've been fine if I hadn't woken up at fucking 7:30 AM :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94693 on: June 27, 2015, 03:00:38 am »

Got around 4 hours of sleep, first I had trouble falling asleep because my head was way too busy. Which would've been fine if I hadn't woken up at fucking 7:30 AM :V

I've done that recently too
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94694 on: June 27, 2015, 04:03:02 am »

My favorite pair of jeans no longer fit.
I think I might just stop eating for a couple of weeks. Pretty sure I have the willpower, I don't really need the muscle mass, and work is sparse enough that I can work around the lethargy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6311 6312 [6313] 6314 6315 ... 8167