Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6300 6301 [6302] 6303 6304 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457476 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94515 on: June 23, 2015, 11:21:10 pm »

Arkham Knight PC. Dear fucking god. One of three games I was looking foreward to this year and Rocksteady went full potato on it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94516 on: June 23, 2015, 11:34:39 pm »

The Toad cleared out a bunch of the few posts I make on this forum. How vapid my life is that forum drama has taken me from somewhat happy/excited to sad.

There are times like that.  I have absolutely no idea what happened in the couple hours I wasn't paying attention, but it reminds be of years ago when I basically lived on this forum.  Community is a community, nothing weird about being attached to what happens in it.

I can send you .mht's if you want
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94517 on: June 24, 2015, 12:05:56 am »

I just hate that I can't discuss my own opinions on certain things for fear of being personally attacked. I can't even state that certain topics make me feel uncomfortable because that just apparently offends people. So basically, I have to completely avoid certain sections of this forum that I originally felt was a safe space, because other people can't just be polite and apologize like decent human beings.

*sigh*

I think I'm gonna try and take a break from GD for a while. Maybe for good. Even the IRC is better than here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #94518 on: June 24, 2015, 12:23:29 am »

Be sad to see you go. S'always a little disheartenin' to see folks head to greener pastures 'cause some of the residents can't seem to reel it in.

Do what you need to do, though,. Better your health and happiness than contributin', if the unappreciative folks are drowning out the rest of us, yeah?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94519 on: June 24, 2015, 12:36:34 am »

Hate to say it Allee, but it's not OUR responsibility to blinker the world for you. If leaving GD is what is necessary for you not to be triggered by our discussions, than so be it.
But for you to force censorship onto us because specific discussions make you uncomfortable - I hope you see how wrong that is.
Or maybe only I think that is wrong... Guys is that wrong or do I just need to work on my sensitivity?

But tangentially, that discussion was a very bad example of how those discussions should, and usually do, go.
DwarfMcDwarf believes that gender is in the genes and gender dysphoria is a mental disorder which could hopefully in the future be treated with drugs, rather than gender reassignment.
If he hadn't been such a dick about putting those beliefs forwards, I would've been much more amenable to his side, unfortunately at the expense of the people here who believe otherwise.
I don't think any opinions here should be 'Outlawed'. If someone thought that black people were naturally subservient because of some studies done in the 1800's, I would politely point out modern science to them, but I wouldn't hate and shame on them for thinking so, if they weren't acting in a bigoted and slanderous manner.

But such is the woes of political correctness v science.
Science in the 1930's said that people of a specific hair color were genetically superior, and that you could get someone's psychological profile by how far apart their eyes were.
Science now tells us that Africans run fast, and Asians are better at MOBAs.
Who knows whether or not our findings will be exposed for awful racism in the future, or if in the future we'll find out that people with big noses actually are greedy.

Edit:
Arkham Knight PC. Dear fucking god. One of three games I was looking foreward to this year and Rocksteady went full potato on it.
Arkham Knight PS4 is good though.
I mean, the plot holes are very intriguing, but overall it's got what I like.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 12:46:46 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #94520 on: June 24, 2015, 12:47:18 am »

Bit of the latter. Especially if that's what you got out of what AC said.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #94521 on: June 24, 2015, 01:02:13 am »

Bit of the latter. Especially if that's what you got out of what AC said.

The narrative of the people who are most spooked by skeletons is that of being against censorship.

I would put the narrative of the opposing viewpoint here, but I can't be assed, it's not really relevant and everyone knows it anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94522 on: June 24, 2015, 02:00:38 am »

Reading that e-mail of Vector's Tiruin posted just brought me to tears. Not because I'd have known them particularly well or -terrible word choice- miss them, but because it was so easy to draw parallels to myself. In the e-mail, they talk about being tired of wearing their metaphorical Internet-masque. That made me realize how much of a lie IcyTea31 is. I don't crack nearly as many jokes in real life, preferring to focus on the essentials with maybe a dry quip or stealth pun here and there. I'm much more reserved, and don't chat very openly with strangers. I don't like being the center of attention, so I keep a low profile. I think a lot about things, and am usually with my head high up in the clouds. There's more, but I think you get the point.

And yet, IcyTea31 is whom you see me as. When I post something uncharacteristic to him but honest to myself, it usually gets ignored or dismissed with blunt two-word responses. I'm sad.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94523 on: June 24, 2015, 02:09:34 am »

-snip-
I could relate so much of what Vec said. =so much= that I could sympathize/empathize or generally really relate even if we've different experiences. Though my mask is different and I take care to show myself here, the sadness is more on the cause for such a mask.

But I also edited it because I guess the idea is still there--just keeping it private because of privacy (You can ask and I'll say as much as I am intended to :O)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:29:47 am by Tiruin »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #94524 on: June 24, 2015, 02:17:33 am »

I've never so much had the problem...Who I am online is fairly true to life (Or at least if I could actually hold a conversation without stuttering for twice as long as what I'm actually saying). The only major difference is I tend to have a bit of a better filter online, since I can edit things before they become heard. I don't intend to, but I do have a bit of a tendency to accidentally piss people off or offend people.

But yeah. Bay12 Flame is pretty close to Real Flame.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94525 on: June 24, 2015, 02:25:27 am »

I stopped posting any different than I actually thought quite a while ago. Only I kinda filter out whenever I would yell at someone since I can see myself typing it, I'm kind of an angry person and text helps me work through that.

In a sense, I'm more "Myself" while typing and able to see what I'm saying before I say it then when I'm not able to. And I like that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94526 on: June 24, 2015, 02:29:37 am »

Actually, who I am is generally far more intellectual, blunt, and abrasive than who I am in life.
IRL I'm kind of a popularity whore, so I go out of my way to seem dumber and more likeable.
Here, whether or not people like me... honestly doesn't bother me. I mean if Tiruin said I was being a douche I'd stop being a douche, but I wouldn't have massive panic attacks about it.

The narrative of the people who are most spooked by skeletons is that of being against censorship.
Having trouble with the metaphor, but I get the message.
Well not really, but I get Frumple's message, and hope that you're giving the same message.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #94527 on: June 24, 2015, 02:32:03 am »

...sorry, I sorta automatically replace "SJW" in my head with "skeletons".

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94528 on: June 24, 2015, 03:04:21 am »

"skeletons"??
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94529 on: June 24, 2015, 03:26:13 am »

Well sure, I've got a few SJW's in my closet, but who doesn't.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:40:30 am by Tack »
Pages: 1 ... 6300 6301 [6302] 6303 6304 ... 8167