Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6299 6300 [6301] 6302 6303 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9457129 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94500 on: June 23, 2015, 08:29:03 pm »

I'm sad my great poster got caught in the thread pruning.

snip
Is that jokey or serious?

I didn't mean to sound like I think people should stop voicing their opinions :c I just think they should do it in another thread.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94501 on: June 23, 2015, 08:29:38 pm »

PoH--

that is needlessly inflamatory.

[I think its meant to be sarcastic. Besides, being perpetually watched by an adorable andrognyous catperson isn't ALL that bad.]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94502 on: June 23, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »

The Toad cleared out a bunch of the few posts I make on this forum. How vapid my life is that forum drama has taken me from somewhat happy/excited to sad.

There are times like that.  I have absolutely no idea what happened in the couple hours I wasn't paying attention, but it reminds be of years ago when I basically lived on this forum.  Community is a community, nothing weird about being attached to what happens in it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94503 on: June 23, 2015, 08:31:23 pm »

RE:Cinder

I understood that. I just questioned the rationality and behavior with which you insisted upon it.

The goal you stated was to prevent the WTF thread from being locked.
Toady states that the major reason for locking threads is when people fail to get along, and start using personal attacks and other forms of pointless, profitless bickering.
So-- When people did not comply, and continued trying to have as cool (as is possible given the volatile nature of the suject) as possible a discussion on it, you flipped out and started dropping F bombs--- and started bickering-- the very thing that locks threads.

It was very... Irrational.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94504 on: June 23, 2015, 08:32:15 pm »

Taking 3 hours to finish my homework after coming off a relatively easy quarter hits hard. I must try to avoid a tiredness spiral, and I really don't want to have to drop all my side projects.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94505 on: June 23, 2015, 08:34:13 pm »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:28:08 pm by penguinofhonor »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94506 on: June 23, 2015, 08:34:39 pm »

The Toad cleared out a bunch of the few posts I make on this forum. How vapid my life is that forum drama has taken me from somewhat happy/excited to sad.

There are times like that.  I have absolutely no idea what happened in the couple hours I wasn't paying attention, but it reminds be of years ago when I basically lived on this forum.  Community is a community, nothing weird about being attached to what happens in it.

This, yeah. It's absolutely okay to be invested in people you voluntarily hang around with and the venue in which you do so. It just so happens that post deletion is a phenomenon which doesn't really have a direct counterpart in more traditional social interactions. The drama being emotionally significant, though, that's as old as humanity.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94507 on: June 23, 2015, 08:42:52 pm »

This, yeah. It's absolutely okay to be invested in people you voluntarily hang around with and the venue in which you do so. It just so happens that post deletion is a phenomenon which doesn't really have a direct counterpart in more traditional social interactions. The drama being emotionally significant, though, that's as old as humanity.
Cool. Thanks bros.

You know, that poster is a little less obviously jokey without the sarcastic preamble. I apologize - it was not meant seriously.
I thought it was a criticism of this.
The goal you stated was to prevent the WTF thread from being locked.
Toady states that the major reason for locking threads is when people fail to get along, and start using personal attacks and other forms of pointless, profitless bickering.
So-- When people did not comply, and continued trying to have as cool (as is possible given the volatile nature of the suject) as possible a discussion on it, you flipped out and started dropping F bombs--- and started bickering-- the very thing that locks threads.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94508 on: June 23, 2015, 08:44:27 pm »

I can understand why Vector can't stand this forum anymore.
Cin, before anyone thinks its a bout of egos, I've been in contact with Vector thanks to a few others here--one specific mention of them being offline is because of people's attitudes. While many are innocuous, the very few whose attitudes, when conversing with others, turn towards imposing aggression or the use of offensive words really make an undesirable atmosphere. Or generally those who give...unflattering comments when they're frustrated (and don't actually mean it but use the nearest word grasped). These things unfortunately have the tendency to stick. More.

I could copy and paste their email to me about 'why they are offline for quite some time'. Vector didn't leave. They're still there. (No, Vector didn't die or anything bad).
Vector just got bloody tired of the bloody bickering. Though in retrospect, that kind of bickering is only seen in many minor threads, though of worthy discussion. However, point being: Said bickering is an offset of attitude.
Attitude is attached to how one interacts.
People aren't pushed away by people--they're pushed away by the current attitude certain people use in interacting.

People can change. What matters is when and how.
Calm discussions can happen. If one is to learn from the past--there are certain patterns and trends not to do in a discussion which makes it happen...not so smoothly.
People interact by giving and getting signals as interpretations. The wonderful world of subtext lies in how people interpret things :O
So before one should judge: look at thyself and thy own actions first (then ask others instead of condemning them). :) It's more a virtue to compromise and learn, when you can get a message from those you're conversing with that they're rational dudes.
That's how we all learn to get along. Better.

People want new forums? That is a trivial answer to current, probable perceived 'escalating' problems. It's the attitude people have to deal with no matter where they are. It also depends how you deal with it, and generally who has such an attitude and if they're willing to be open about it, and this forum by personal observation thus far, is very well moderated.
Just be aware of Ego.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:29:42 pm by Tiruin »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94509 on: June 23, 2015, 09:14:59 pm »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:28:15 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94510 on: June 23, 2015, 09:22:54 pm »

This is just out in the open--

While you are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your opinions being right, or being given the same weight as other opinions that have more supporting data.

That is the fallacy that afflicts modern media-- "Everything must be given equal exposure! Even if it can be proven to be a fallacious nuicance to everyone! Homeopathy, Intelligent Design, and Philosophical refusal of immunity shots! What the establishment thinks in the wake of the controversy! News at 11!"

We need to recognize it for the deleterious thing that it is, and not accept it.

Very true
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94511 on: June 23, 2015, 09:24:51 pm »

I didn't mean to sound like I think people should stop voicing their opinions :c I just think they should do it in another thread.
I can understand why Vector can't stand this forum anymore.
There is a lesson I am trying to give you here but it is a very big bush and I have such a small stick.
@Cinder
You've already realized it, but yeah, nobody is annoyed at you for trying to stop the discussion.
The only issue here was that you lost your cool so hard over it.
So I think you'll be 'k. We'll all be 'k. Don't feel bad.

P.P.S Cinder (Also you have a tendency to go "Well you're ignorant and a shitlord, but whatever". You gotta learn some tolerance for people, no matter how wrong they are.

Whatever man. Long as you keep wearing them glasses, I'll keep feeling this tiny sense of accomplishment.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:36:23 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94512 on: June 23, 2015, 09:27:23 pm »

P.S. Tiruin (Probably don't call them 'Lad'). Whole other kettle of fish.
Sorry, what I know is that term is the same as calling a friend ._. I'll just edit it.

Also what Tack said.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:30:20 pm by Tiruin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94513 on: June 23, 2015, 09:37:05 pm »

So I edit it too.
Sorry for undercutting your message there.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94514 on: June 23, 2015, 10:21:52 pm »

Nah, I'm totally fine with being called lad.

Also, yeah, I'm trying to flip out less often.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:23:30 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6299 6300 [6301] 6302 6303 ... 8167