Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6293 6294 [6295] 6296 6297 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462546 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94410 on: June 21, 2015, 04:13:04 pm »

I'm on a serious "don't wanna go to work" kick, and I still have two more days before my next day off.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94411 on: June 21, 2015, 05:01:34 pm »

Well the shitty feelings have continued trought most of the day, was distracted a bit by studying and KSP but those are just that, distractions. The trouble is I still can't figure how exactly to fix this horrible lack of confidence and self worth. I know it's not an instant thing but most of the time it feels what little gains I do make are quickly torn down by self doubt and I'm back again at square one.

So I guess that's one of my big problems then, inability to properly process and internalize my own accomplishments which leads to craving attention and approval of others then feeling shit when there is little to none of it, however justified that might be.

Funny how knowing the issue doesn't make it any easier to come up with a solution :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #94412 on: June 21, 2015, 06:26:14 pm »

I wish a certain close friend of Gunner-chans could make himself just a tiny bit more available. It's hell walking her through this all and making sure she's happy and feels cared for.

And that's hard when she's feeling a bit like she's being abandoned again.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94413 on: June 21, 2015, 06:59:11 pm »

They once had the ship stuck in the event horizon of a black hole, saw a copy ship 'like a reflection in the ice,' and ran with it to 'find a crack in the ice' and rammed through a crack in the event horizon.

In case you weren't aware, that's fucking crazy. Event horizons are concepts, not actual structures in space, so you can't have a crack in them any more than you can have a crack in your miles-to-the-gallon and speed off on infinite fuel if you could just find a crack in your MPG.

That would be Brannon Braga, the worst sci-fi scriptwriter ever. He also wrote a Voyager episode where they went Warp 10 in a shuttle, and it caused them to de-evolve into giant lizards.
And then Paris and Janeway had weird human-lizard sex and they left the babies on some planet somewhere. So now there's a planet of weird hyper-evolved human-lizards somewhere in the Delta Quadrant.

You know, I never understood how they ever kept Voyager running through all that time. It's not like they could ever come back for repairs, and that ship gets the crap kicked out of it pretty much every other week. Several times they lose irreplaceable parts.
Voyager's Engineering Bay has this rather large red button. It's very large, very secret, and very powerful. It's called the Magic Reset Button. At the end of every episode, when they've lost half the ship and nearly everyone is dead, some poor shmuck crawls down there and presses it, and everything is back to normal.

See also: Bad writing.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94414 on: June 21, 2015, 07:58:34 pm »

Phone ringing as I woke up made me forget the interesting dream I had.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94415 on: June 21, 2015, 10:01:05 pm »

You know, I never understood how they ever kept Voyager running through all that time. It's not like they could ever come back for repairs, and that ship gets the crap kicked out of it pretty much every other week. Several times they lose irreplaceable parts.
Here's the best explanation I've ever found (also the funniest):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Voyager's Engineering Bay has this rather large red button. It's very large, very secret, and very powerful. It's called the Magic Reset Button. At the end of every episode, when they've lost half the ship and nearly everyone is dead, some poor shmuck crawls down there and presses it, and everything is back to normal.

These are both acceptable answers, although I think it should be called the Status Quo button.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94416 on: June 21, 2015, 10:46:51 pm »

I wish a certain close friend of Gunner-chans could make himself just a tiny bit more available.

Gosh how sharp does that look?
Sharp as a knife I'd say.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94417 on: June 21, 2015, 10:59:12 pm »

I wish a certain close friend of Gunner-chans could make himself just a tiny bit more available.

Gosh how sharp does that look?
Sharp as a knife I'd say.

I'd think it's more like a tack. heheh
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94418 on: June 21, 2015, 11:25:19 pm »

Here's the best explanation I've ever found (also the funniest):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These are both acceptable answers, although I think it should be called the Status Quo button.
Maybe the replicator always replicate buttons?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94419 on: June 22, 2015, 12:35:30 am »

Phone ringing as I woke up made me forget the interesting dream I had.
I posted this from the comfort of my bed, then fell back to sleep and slept for something like five more hours. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94420 on: June 22, 2015, 01:47:52 am »

Man, every rude mother fucker in the state of Oregon whose mothers never taught them common decency decided that they wanted to eat at their friendly local McDonalds. Obviously, the guy at the cash register (yours truly) is the one who sabotaged the Diet Dr. Pepper feed line, specifically so that you can't have any. It's also my fault that the Coke repairman only works on weekends, so he hasn't been in to fix the machine yet. And clearly, because you're old or in a hurry or whatever, you have the inalienable right to be shitty and disrespectful to somebody who makes less money than you, lives in a shittier neighborhood than you, and doesn't even have a car of their own to bring through the drive thru like you can.

Man, I'm so sick of letting people be rude to me for money because I don't have any better employment prospects at the moment.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94421 on: June 22, 2015, 02:34:00 am »

Feeling shitty health-wise for undefined reasons. Blurgh.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94422 on: June 22, 2015, 03:04:48 am »

Ugh. The whole premise of Darkest Dungeon seems to be that you can never be of a level to deal with any particular map with ease.
Unlike other 'hard' games, grinding will literally get you nowhere. It's just an endless game of backwards slide.

I mean, I like it. But still. I just lost all of my best guys - So basically have to start the game over again.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94423 on: June 22, 2015, 03:21:59 am »

Atleast three different parties raging in and around the dorm last night, every one of them with their own brand of obnoxiously loud music. Once that finally died down around 3 or so AM I managed to get a bit of sleep. Then the fuckwits next door got back into their room around 5 and started screaming, shouting, singing nazi songs, shouting sieg heil from the balcony, playing various kinds of shitty music and generally being the main reason I'd institute eugenics right now.

So here's to another day I'll spend too tired to keep myself afloat or productive.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #94424 on: June 22, 2015, 03:46:51 am »

the fuckwits next door got back into their room around 5 and started screaming, shouting, singing nazi songs, shouting sieg heil from the balcony, playing various kinds of shitty music and generally being the main reason I'd institute eugenics right now.

Is the irony intentional or unintentional? Just wondering :p
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6293 6294 [6295] 6296 6297 ... 8167