Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6292 6293 [6294] 6295 6296 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9462839 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94395 on: June 20, 2015, 11:51:08 pm »

Tried drawing stuff. Everything comes out bad.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94396 on: June 20, 2015, 11:54:07 pm »

The only solution is to draw more! It's literally the only way to get better.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94397 on: June 21, 2015, 12:56:26 am »

The only solution is to draw more! It's literally the only way to get better.
instruction unclear, dick stuck in owl.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #94398 on: June 21, 2015, 12:58:03 am »

Oi.

That shit doesn't go there.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94399 on: June 21, 2015, 02:29:12 am »

Hey. Ask the owl first.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94400 on: June 21, 2015, 04:17:46 am »

My cousin has ostensibly attempted suicide, through slit wrists.

He's a cousin that I've grown up with, but haven't spoken to recently, thanks in no part to him being increasingly violent, belligerent, and psychologically unstable. His last visitation to my home ended with him wanting to use my home computer to find a prostitute, and when my Mom denied him computer access, got into an argument, threatened my neighbor of all people, and then left in a huff. My Mom and I just agreed to never allow him on our property again. He's a guy that never really grew up at all, but has the physical strength of several men, so when he gets angry he's a startling threat, though he's never seriously hurt anyone to my knowledge. Regardless, he's been increasingly difficult to get along with, and we drifted apart over the years.

So I was surprised when my Aunt dropped the news on me unexpectedly. I'm concerned, despite the distance I've made with him, it'd be such a sad way for him to go. Especially when his sister some 10-ish years ago also basically suicided through repeated narcotics overdoses.

:c

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94401 on: June 21, 2015, 06:08:44 am »

Slept poorly due to shitty thoughts last night. Hurt my neck to boot too, hard to even turn the head. Shitty thoughts keep coming back no matter how hard I shoo them away :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94402 on: June 21, 2015, 09:20:09 am »

My cousin has ostensibly attempted suicide, through slit wrists.

He's a cousin that I've grown up with, but haven't spoken to recently, thanks in no part to him being increasingly violent, belligerent, and psychologically unstable. His last visitation to my home ended with him wanting to use my home computer to find a prostitute, and when my Mom denied him computer access, got into an argument, threatened my neighbor of all people, and then left in a huff. My Mom and I just agreed to never allow him on our property again. He's a guy that never really grew up at all, but has the physical strength of several men, so when he gets angry he's a startling threat, though he's never seriously hurt anyone to my knowledge. Regardless, he's been increasingly difficult to get along with, and we drifted apart over the years.

So I was surprised when my Aunt dropped the news on me unexpectedly. I'm concerned, despite the distance I've made with him, it'd be such a sad way for him to go. Especially when his sister some 10-ish years ago also basically suicided through repeated narcotics overdoses.

:c

That's rough, man. Hope he's doing ok.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94403 on: June 21, 2015, 10:29:08 am »

I'm having a hard time containing my thoughts at work again. Over what's so different and what I just can't do anymore and stuff...

This whole constant train of thought and sense of something vitally important being missing is seriously going to be the death of me one day if nothing changes.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94404 on: June 21, 2015, 11:41:01 am »

They once had the ship stuck in the event horizon of a black hole, saw a copy ship 'like a reflection in the ice,' and ran with it to 'find a crack in the ice' and rammed through a crack in the event horizon.

In case you weren't aware, that's fucking crazy. Event horizons are concepts, not actual structures in space, so you can't have a crack in them any more than you can have a crack in your miles-to-the-gallon and speed off on infinite fuel if you could just find a crack in your MPG.

That would be Brannon Braga, the worst sci-fi scriptwriter ever. He also wrote a Voyager episode where they went Warp 10 in a shuttle, and it caused them to de-evolve into giant lizards.
And then Paris and Janeway had weird human-lizard sex and they left the babies on some planet somewhere. So now there's a planet of weird hyper-evolved human-lizards somewhere in the Delta Quadrant.

You know, I never understood how they ever kept Voyager running through all that time. It's not like they could ever come back for repairs, and that ship gets the crap kicked out of it pretty much every other week. Several times they lose irreplaceable parts.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94405 on: June 21, 2015, 11:43:38 am »

You know that feeling where you know you've made someone dislike you but anything you do to try and fix it will make it worse, and so will waiting since you could have apologised sooner (not that it would be a good idea, but the possibility is still there).
Problems with no good outcome are pretty shit, got to say.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94406 on: June 21, 2015, 11:46:44 am »

Hey, I've been in that situation close to three years now - you kinda get to ignore it after a while. I'll fix it eventually though - any day now...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #94407 on: June 21, 2015, 11:52:41 am »

I didn't fall asleep last night until sometime around 5 AM.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94408 on: June 21, 2015, 11:53:35 am »

You know, I never understood how they ever kept Voyager running through all that time. It's not like they could ever come back for repairs, and that ship gets the crap kicked out of it pretty much every other week. Several times they lose irreplaceable parts.
Here's the best explanation I've ever found (also the funniest):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94409 on: June 21, 2015, 12:14:09 pm »

Hey, I've been in that situation close to three years now - you kinda get to ignore it after a while. I'll fix it eventually though - any day now...
Thing is, I'm not sure how well I can ignore it. A bunch of my friends are also friends with this person, so I frequently enough get stuff like "Oh so did you hear about THING from PERSON?" and the only thing I can do is say no and try to laugh off anything further.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 6292 6293 [6294] 6295 6296 ... 8167