Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6281 6282 [6283] 6284 6285 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9467005 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94230 on: June 16, 2015, 02:21:22 am »

Posted an unpopular opinion on a popular image sharing site, expected to get rekt, expectations met. It was downvoted into oblivion so fast that I know damn well no one read it before it largely disappeared.

Sily Max, unpopular opinion puffin is used when you're posting a POPULAR opinion!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94231 on: June 16, 2015, 02:28:27 am »

Posted an unpopular opinion on a popular image sharing site, expected to get rekt, expectations met. It was downvoted into oblivion so fast that I know damn well no one read it before it largely disappeared.

Sily Max, unpopular opinion puffin is used when you're posting a POPULAR opinion!
Ah, of course. I should have used Insanity Wolf.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94232 on: June 16, 2015, 05:06:23 am »

A rather long (at least in that format) thing I wrote because I needed to vent.

http://i.imgur.com/QWqJtI5.png
Did you mean to link to this?
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #94233 on: June 16, 2015, 05:09:30 am »

Nono, that's confession bear. Unpopular opinion puffin is used when you're posting a racist opinion.

Thus "white man's birden" and "stormfront puffin".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94234 on: June 16, 2015, 05:35:31 am »

My mashed potato is lumpy. Next time I will do better.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94235 on: June 16, 2015, 07:31:52 am »

Next time you will use a food processor.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #94236 on: June 16, 2015, 07:33:54 am »

Heresy. I have never used a food processor to mash potatoes, I detest lumpy mashed potato, and my mashed potatoes dissatisfy me only rarely.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94237 on: June 16, 2015, 07:35:41 am »

Yeah, processor'd potato is kinda excessive. Thought it might appeal to Yoink, though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94238 on: June 16, 2015, 08:10:02 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:19:31 pm by penguinofhonor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94239 on: June 16, 2015, 08:26:07 am »

A rather long (at least in that format) thing I wrote because I needed to vent.

http://i.imgur.com/QWqJtI5.png
Fukkin' saved. Might pin this up in my office actually...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94240 on: June 16, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »

It's been a nasty 24 hours. Spent much of the day sitting in stop-and-go traffic, turning what is normally a 6-hour round trip into more than 10 hours. Finally get home after midnight, go to bed, and spend the entire night dreaming of being stuck in traffic, waking up at least five times when dream-me gets tired or is about to be in a traffic accident.

ughhhh ._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94241 on: June 16, 2015, 01:11:41 pm »

My mashed potato is lumpy. Next time I will do better.
Punch it harder, then.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94242 on: June 16, 2015, 01:12:20 pm »

This is the fourth time I've tried to attend college. This is the fourth time I've failed to attend college. At least, it's going to be. All I can think about is that I'm worthless and how I'm a failure and that my dad was right, that I can't finish anything, that I can never actually be a responsible adult because I've never been able to handle any sort of responsibility.
I hate myself for saying this stuff but I can't help it. It's probably true anyway. I should just hospitalize myself before I make any more huge mistakes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #94243 on: June 16, 2015, 01:22:00 pm »

This is the fourth time I've tried to attend college. This is the fourth time I've failed to attend college. At least, it's going to be. All I can think about is that I'm worthless and how I'm a failure and that my dad was right, that I can't finish anything, that I can never actually be a responsible adult because I've never been able to handle any sort of responsibility.
I hate myself for saying this stuff but I can't help it. It's probably true anyway. I should just hospitalize myself before I make any more huge mistakes.

Hey, I'm pretty sure that's not true. Look at Red Dust - you're most of the way to pushing out something to playtest. That's damn good. Social anxiety isn't your fault, and doesn't make you a worse person. You're not worthless. I know this: you have worth to Cado, you have worth to me (you might not believe it, but reading your posts has actually taught me a lot), you have worth to a lot of Bay12ers.

So yeah. It's probably not true.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #94244 on: June 16, 2015, 01:43:18 pm »

Can I chime in as one of the people you have worth to? I much prefer this forum with you here than any alternative. Also, you're close to getting a playtest for something ready? Nice! That is a milestone I just can't seem to ever reach. Kinda envious about that. Keep on being awesome.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6281 6282 [6283] 6284 6285 ... 8167