Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6280 6281 [6282] 6283 6284 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468271 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94215 on: June 15, 2015, 10:04:02 pm »

I've failed. I've failed due to my own mistakes and being screwed by chance. My indecisiveness in writing a paper and my computer in corrupting a final exam. I should have known my mom would be pissed, but somehow I let that slip out of my awareness today, when I had to come home for a doctor's visit, and I caught the full brunt of anger with my defenses down. Compounded anger from my brother's grades and my other brother's sullenness. Threats to pull the plug and send me to community college.

I don't want to deal with this. I know I screwed up but... ugh.
Yea, I tried to do my paper and had an anxiety attack. Ended up breaking down in tears. I'm gonna try and talk to disability services about it tomorrow, but there may be nothing I can do.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94216 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:53 pm »

I've failed. I've failed due to my own mistakes and being screwed by chance. My indecisiveness in writing a paper and my computer in corrupting a final exam. I should have known my mom would be pissed, but somehow I let that slip out of my awareness today, when I had to come home for a doctor's visit, and I caught the full brunt of anger with my defenses down. Compounded anger from my brother's grades and my other brother's sullenness. Threats to pull the plug and send me to community college.

I don't want to deal with this. I know I screwed up but... ugh.
Yea, I tried to do my paper and had an anxiety attack. Ended up breaking down in tears. I'm gonna try and talk to disability services about it tomorrow, but there may be nothing I can do.
Don't give up hope yet! There is still time! Remember what I said on the IRC: outline some ideas, then fill them in. You'd be surprised how easy it is to fill in 3 pages!

I'd help but I have to spend this evening on a longshot to save my own grade :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94217 on: June 15, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »

I can't. Just thinking about trying is making me feel sick to my stomach...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94218 on: June 15, 2015, 10:32:18 pm »

I know the feeling well. The trick is not to think about the length requirement. Just write what you have to say about the subject, then worry about making it long enough later.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94219 on: June 15, 2015, 10:35:14 pm »

Yeah same.  Just... write anything, anything at all.  Then delete the parts that are totally unacceptable.  Once there's momentum it gets so much easier.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94220 on: June 15, 2015, 10:42:18 pm »

That, and playing some music helps me. Distracts me, but productively.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94221 on: June 15, 2015, 11:02:40 pm »

Tip: you can go off-topic if it appropriately panders to whomever you're going return the paper to. For example, my biology teacher loves it when I take any opportunity to explain why smoking is bad, my English teacher loves comedic texts, and so on. If something seems insurmountable, don't give up, but look for alternate solutions.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94222 on: June 15, 2015, 11:12:54 pm »

And it's not tomorrow yet! There's still time! Late nights save lives!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94223 on: June 15, 2015, 11:31:59 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:42:31 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #94224 on: June 15, 2015, 11:54:50 pm »

Umm you haven't given that much information but there are already a few red flags in there.  "Keeps insisting they're in love with me but we've never met", "then they talk about how they might not be into guys".  Bad signs.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94225 on: June 16, 2015, 12:23:27 am »

I can't be bothered getting out of bed.
Maybe I'll just go back to sleep and get brain cancer or whatever it was the internet told me happens when you sleep too much.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94226 on: June 16, 2015, 01:33:41 am »

Posted an unpopular opinion on a popular image sharing site, expected to get rekt, expectations met. It was downvoted into oblivion so fast that I know damn well no one read it before it largely disappeared.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94227 on: June 16, 2015, 01:48:29 am »

... Whaaaat was the opinion, asks the morbidly curious viking?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94228 on: June 16, 2015, 01:56:05 am »

A rather long (at least in that format) thing I wrote because I needed to vent.

http://i.imgur.com/QWqJtI5.png

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94229 on: June 16, 2015, 02:02:53 am »

Dissent cannot be tolerated.

Anyway, I've only been living with my brother again for a couple weeks. Already, I want to strangle him and his girlfriend. Can't take their fucking arguments back to their cabin. Think getting dinner should be a free for all, not orderly and non-confrontational. Insist on watching fucking hills have eyes or whatever shitty movies late at night, on our dime for running the generator hours longer than it needs to be run to keep food frozen. They won't buy gas for it. Or contribute in any way. They eat out at McDonalds instead of preparing lunch at home; that's half their income after taxes and their own personal bills gone. The other half goes to shit for them, of course. Stupid woman started making down payments on a new ring today. Hell, I'm the only one in the family who still hasn't found a job, but I put more money into the family budget through financial aid than both of them combined. Stupid fat pig of a woman won't help around the house at all. Everyone but her, but apparently were all supposed to tolerate this fucking freeloader from some other family (who don't want her back, gee I wonder why!)

Their attitude is fucking insane in itself. They insist any request for help, for them to contribute, or to just generally stop being so goddamn selfish and hogging the few luxuries we have, as an attempt to start a fight. And that's exactly what it turns into. Fucking girl behaves more like a high schooler than an adult. The money I loaned them over a year ago and never saw a dime of returned can't even be mentioned without drawing out threats. But they still want me to loan them more.

I swear to god, when I actually do get hired, I'm putting all my income towards getting the fuck out. I'd be sick to death about my parents health left at the mercy of those two I know, but for gods sakes I can't stand this bullshit, of tiptoeing around that bitches delicate feelings, 24/7. My brother wasn't even like this before she came along. We could actually get along back in the day. Now everything is a slight against her and he has to defend her at every turn.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 6280 6281 [6282] 6283 6284 ... 8167