Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6249 6250 [6251] 6252 6253 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9485360 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93751 on: June 04, 2015, 12:52:47 am »

I can't help but wonder now if all the good changes lately are well... Lies.

I really hope i'm wrong...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93752 on: June 04, 2015, 12:55:12 am »

Hug pile on Gunner! D:

* Descan hugs Gunner >:c
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93753 on: June 04, 2015, 01:00:06 am »

...ok yeah, this is basically adding a $130/mo bill to my budget. Just for gas.
Mention this to your workers' union (assuming you are in one). They might give you help specific to your case. You could also try to bill commuting expenses from the corporation, especially as it is caused by a only-now-enforced policy.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93754 on: June 04, 2015, 01:06:20 am »

* Spehss hugs Janet-gunner-chan-senpai in the poi and the hugged poi pois off in a poi!

Doubting is literally doing nothing but making you feel bad. Try not to think about the past and whether the past changes were good or not, you can't change the past and worrying about it will accomplish nothing but make you have bad feels.

Just keep moving forward. (⊃ ・ω・)⊃
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #93755 on: June 04, 2015, 01:47:41 am »

Not sure where to put this and I don't feel like making a discussion thread for something so far removed from myself, so I'll put it here because it's saddening.

That's prettu fucked up right there. Mak8ng people uncomfortable is supposed to be our constitutional right.
No I'm pretty sure "misusing the words 'constitutional right'." is every American's constitutional right.  (sorry, pet peeve)

As for the article itself... I believe it.  Its consistent with a few little anecdotal things I saw in my time in college.  And a LOT of things I've seen pre-college.  You think kids know how to complain about teachers, you haven't seen parents do it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93756 on: June 04, 2015, 08:01:11 am »

...ok yeah, this is basically adding a $130/mo bill to my budget. Just for gas.
Mention this to your workers' union (assuming you are in one). They might give you help specific to your case. You could also try to bill commuting expenses from the corporation, especially as it is caused by a only-now-enforced policy.
Thanks for the laugh, m8.  :P

Oh, you were serious? Wow. How do I explain this...unions in the US pretty much only exist for blue-collar jobs, and not even those within the IT sector. On top of which, I live in a "right-to-work" (non-union) state. I actually get more protection in some ways because the headquarters is in California.

This is America, land of "shut the fuck up and be happy you have a job".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #93757 on: June 04, 2015, 08:20:20 am »

I knew USA wasn't very good at worker rights, but I didn't expect it to be quite that bad. Well, you're welcome for the laugh, and I hope things'll get better for you.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #93758 on: June 04, 2015, 08:31:30 am »

Not sure where to put this and I don't feel like making a discussion thread for something so far removed from myself, so I'll put it here because it's saddening.

That's prettu fucked up right there. Mak8ng people uncomfortable is supposed to be our constitutional right.
No I'm pretty sure "misusing the words 'constitutional right'." is every American's constitutional right.  (sorry, pet peeve)

As for the article itself... I believe it.  Its consistent with a few little anecdotal things I saw in my time in college.  And a LOT of things I've seen pre-college.  You think kids know how to complain about teachers, you haven't seen parents do it.
It's frightening. :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93759 on: June 04, 2015, 10:23:41 am »

My dog is dying.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93760 on: June 04, 2015, 10:25:34 am »

My dog is dying.
I...
You have my condolences.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93761 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:06 am »

My dog is dying.
* Worldmaster27 hugs

I remember that when you first came here, I think, you mentioned that something was up with her(?) medically. I hope now that it's old age instead of something like that.

My condolences, to repeat what Blitz said.

* Worldmaster27 also hugs Gunner-chan and everyone else who needs one

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93762 on: June 04, 2015, 11:09:27 am »

How very dare you not be pleased that somebody(or some entity) owns your ability to effect change in the world! Next thing you know you'll be ungrateful for your corporate overlords who run the country to a greater degree than your elected government.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93763 on: June 04, 2015, 11:11:21 am »

Ugh. Oh man I slept like shit, there were so many weird dreams and tossing and turning and sweating and even some slight sleep paralysis and--

My dog is dying.

D:
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93764 on: June 04, 2015, 11:15:13 am »

Usually when things in my life change for the better, other things fall apart. It sucks, but life is all about regular maintenance, I guess.

Another sad: I lost my wallet today. It had my ID and my Social Security card in it. Hope I just lost it in my room or something.
Pages: 1 ... 6249 6250 [6251] 6252 6253 ... 8167