Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493845 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93330 on: May 20, 2015, 05:18:35 pm »

I'm not old but I like pretending that I am.

* Orange Wizard loads shotgun.
GET THE HELL OFF MAH LAWN YE DAMN KIDS
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #93331 on: May 20, 2015, 05:20:43 pm »

You aren't fooling anyone Orange Wizard, we all know you are 949 years old, your profile says it so it must be true! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93332 on: May 20, 2015, 05:23:28 pm »

You can all get the hell off my lawn.

Dang kids, always being younger than us.  Set the pieces up MZ, weather's thrown my back gone out again.

*spittoon*
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93333 on: May 20, 2015, 05:24:22 pm »

You aren't fooling anyone Orange Wizard, we all know you are 949 years old, your profile says it so it must be true! :P
Yeah, anyone who thinks I wasn't born in 1066 is clearly insane.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #93334 on: May 20, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »

In 1066 Orange Wizard was born
In 1066 Orange Wizard became an enemy of the Denizens of Sanity
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93335 on: May 20, 2015, 05:30:29 pm »

When I was 16 I wanted to sit on my ass and play videogames.

...Actually, now that you mention it I can't really remember a time when I knew "what I want to be when I grow up". I think when I was quite little I'd say I wanted to be a postman (I think that was mainly to get people off my back) and I've always loved the idea of making comics or writing books, but I've never had a moment where I've known what I wanted to do with my life.
There's never really been anything I wanted to do. Appropriate thread, I suppose.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #93336 on: May 20, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »

In 1066 Orange Wizard was born
In 1066 Orange Wizard became an enemy of the Denizens of Sanity
Wasn't that the year France conquered England?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93337 on: May 20, 2015, 05:38:51 pm »

Normandy isn't France.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93338 on: May 20, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »

Wait, so technically 1066 was an invasion of Normandy as well?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93339 on: May 20, 2015, 05:48:21 pm »

When I was 16 I wanted to sit on my ass and play videogames.

...Actually, now that you mention it I can't really remember a time when I knew "what I want to be when I grow up". I think when I was quite little I'd say I wanted to be a postman (I think that was mainly to get people off my back) and I've always loved the idea of making comics or writing books, but I've never had a moment where I've known what I wanted to do with my life.
There's never really been anything I wanted to do. Appropriate thread, I suppose.
For most of my life, I enjoyed the "sit on my ass and play VG" part, but it wasn't until recently that I lost my drive to do anything. All the things I used to want to do just look like shit now, and everything else still looks like shit.

Am I still a cynic if it turns out everything really is shit?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #93340 on: May 20, 2015, 05:53:48 pm »

Wait, so technically 1066 was an invasion of Normandy as well?
I don't think that the British went back over, it was just the Normans going to England.

Which reminds me, do you guys know anywhere there's a good reproduction of the Historic Tale Construction Kit? The original won't work for me no matter what browser I use.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93341 on: May 20, 2015, 05:55:01 pm »

Having someone refuse to acknowledge an apology for a thing that happened quite a while ago (on the scale of months). It's not like I should expect an expedient response given how long it took me to even stop pretending that I'd done nothing wrong but that doesn't make it any better.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93342 on: May 20, 2015, 06:06:07 pm »

For most of my life, I enjoyed the "sit on my ass and play VG" part, but it wasn't until recently that I lost my drive to do anything. All the things I used to want to do just look like shit now, and everything else still looks like shit.

Am I still a cynic if it turns out everything really is shit?
Right there with you, buddy. At least I still enjoy some things, like live music or a good book.
But there doesn't really seem to be anything out there worth striving towards, except perhaps the money to comfortably do the same stuff I do now on a larger scale.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93343 on: May 20, 2015, 06:06:59 pm »

Guess who's denying to talk to me again?!? Yup my pseudo gf (we technicaly got back together but we never really reconnected). I'm done with this, if she doesn't want to talk to me it anything why does she want me back so bad?!? I'm done with this crap
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93344 on: May 20, 2015, 07:50:39 pm »

I knew what I wanted to do when I was 16, then real life happened and I have no idea now.
Honestly unless you are very lucky what you think you want to do at the age of 16 isn't going to be what you want to do later. It's because in the vast majority of the population the part of your brain that deals with introspection (and thus is responsible for answering the question of "what do I want to do with my life?") doesn't even really start to develop until the very late teens/early twenties, and generally doesn't finish developing until the early to mid twenties.

Yeah, I think a lot of people go through this. I said I wanted to get into biomedical engineering to get my family off my back, and fooled myself into it too. It was well before I had any clue what research and academic careers were like; I just wanted something that "made a difference", was new, and came with possible prestige. I think I'd be a pretty unhappy person if I was there today, even if my wages would likely have been worlds better. I think I've always secretly wanted a creative job, and after I started listening to myself instead of everyone else mid-college, I think it's a good fit. Starving artistry is probably the harder way to go, but it's got enough reward and personal challenge, with a decent chance to make a statement or two, and it feels like a good fit

Maybe there's something you threw out as impractical or unlikely too, that you'd be happier with? Try getting in touch with your interests and goals, and thinking about ideal situations or sources of happiness first, and planning your career or future to get you closer to that? Astronaut Chris Hadfield had some wise words that were helpful to me: Link
Pages: 1 ... 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 ... 8167