Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6220 6221 [6222] 6223 6224 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9493205 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93315 on: May 20, 2015, 10:06:51 am »

I'm suddenly working a close-open2close-open chain. No time off ever for me! Ugh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93316 on: May 20, 2015, 01:02:22 pm »

I've been really tired lately. Been going to bed at a reasonable hour, but waking up sometimes hours before my alarm wakes me. Don't know why. It's obviously not because I got a good amount of sleep.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93317 on: May 20, 2015, 01:58:35 pm »

I'm 16 and a half... I only mention the half because I'm literaly the youngest kid in my grade and younger than a few underclass men too. Hawaiian public school starts a year earlier than here does so yay for being way too young for this.... I'm technicaly a senior now since I've passed all my finals and the last few days of school will only consist of BSing around and looking at navy stuff on the interwebs and probably talking to my sister to see if she can explain to me what boot camp exercises consisted of and what I need to be ready for.
More power to you then! At the very least you have a clear idea of what you want to do - I know people, well, not twice your age, but ~1.4 times, who still haven't gotten that figured out.

Just try to keep out of illegal wars, okay? ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93318 on: May 20, 2015, 02:11:49 pm »

I'm 16 and a half... I only mention the half because I'm literaly the youngest kid in my grade and younger than a few underclass men too. Hawaiian public school starts a year earlier than here does so yay for being way too young for this.... I'm technicaly a senior now since I've passed all my finals and the last few days of school will only consist of BSing around and looking at navy stuff on the interwebs and probably talking to my sister to see if she can explain to me what boot camp exercises consisted of and what I need to be ready for.

Update for recent sad: my mom is back and she only had some bad acid reflux, much better than the things we thought could be happening :) .... Still sad that she's not feeling very well though :/
Holy shit, finally someone young who isn't like a bajillion years younger than me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #93319 on: May 20, 2015, 02:13:33 pm »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:18:32 pm by penguinofhonor »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93320 on: May 20, 2015, 02:17:21 pm »

Update for recent sad: my mom is back and she only had some bad acid reflux, much better than the things we thought could be happening :) .... Still sad that she's not feeling very well though :/
Holy shit, finally someone young who isn't like a bajillion years younger than me.
2=/=bajillion, Cinder.
Also, I think I know who the youngest forumite is, as of now.
At least, with age actually shown who is a real person.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #93321 on: May 20, 2015, 02:21:18 pm »

Isn't Miauw like 9 years old? Pretty sure that makes him the youngsest (active) forum member.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93322 on: May 20, 2015, 02:23:03 pm »

Isn't Miauw like 9 years old? Pretty sure that makes him the youngsest (active) forum member.
he's 16
*facepalm*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93323 on: May 20, 2015, 02:36:46 pm »

I, quite frankly, am hurt. Unless "young" stops after 16 or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93324 on: May 20, 2015, 02:51:31 pm »

he's 16
*facepalm*
i-i'm 14
do i win yet
Also, SAD/IRRITATING: My internet appears to be having a CyberFart and it's impeding me from speaking to people and AUGH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93325 on: May 20, 2015, 02:55:12 pm »

he's 16
*facepalm*
i-i'm 14
do i win yet
Also, SAD/IRRITATING: My internet appears to be having a CyberFart and it's impeding me from speaking to people and AUGH
'fraid not.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93326 on: May 20, 2015, 03:01:09 pm »

I don't know how to describe what I feel like now so

The Hollow Men by T.S. Eliot

Mistah Kurtz - he dead.

A penny for the Old Guy

I

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93327 on: May 20, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »

Damn, all you kids make me feel old...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #93328 on: May 20, 2015, 05:00:27 pm »

I knew what I wanted to do when I was 16, then real life happened and I have no idea now.
Honestly unless you are very lucky what you think you want to do at the age of 16 isn't going to be what you want to do later. It's because in the vast majority of the population the part of your brain that deals with introspection (and thus is responsible for answering the question of "what do I want to do with my life?") doesn't even really start to develop until the very late teens/early twenties, and generally doesn't finish developing until the early to mid twenties. People who manage to know what they are doing in the early to mid teens and then actually end up wanting to do that 10 years later are the lucky few that managed to draw the perfect number out of the blind bag of "things in X topic" which is about as far as your actual brain has figured out at that point. :P It's one of the reasons why the vast majority of college students switch majors at least once (and why college is often looked on as so life-transforming); they are finally getting to the age where they are biologically developed enough to answer the question of what they want to do rather than just guess at vague generics before fooling themselves into believing that a specific chosen essentially at random from that pool is what they want.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93329 on: May 20, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »

You can all get the hell off my lawn.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 6220 6221 [6222] 6223 6224 ... 8167