Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6211 6212 [6213] 6214 6215 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9488108 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93180 on: May 17, 2015, 12:05:37 am »

My doctor apparently called home to tell me the results of my newest appointment. Results so far are... Not good. My hearts taken a nosedive health wise and she wants to see me again as soon as I can pull myself from work.

I'm kinda scared to be honest.
D:

Good luck with the medical stuff.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93181 on: May 17, 2015, 12:21:23 am »

Lots to do and so little drive to do it.

Everyone wants to help; give me extra time and second chances, all I do is bugger everything up again.

Auuuuuugh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #93182 on: May 17, 2015, 12:47:01 am »

I think caffeine gives me mood swings. Last night, when I was trying to go to sleep (and coming down off two cups of coffee), I was feeling unusually paranoid, worried, and upset about nothing. This makes me sad, because coffee is literally my favorite treat. It's like hot chocolate to me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93183 on: May 17, 2015, 12:49:15 am »

My doctor apparently called home to tell me the results of my newest appointment. Results so far are... Not good. My hearts taken a nosedive health wise and she wants to see me again as soon as I can pull myself from work.

D: That sucks, I hope it turns out alright. Good luck!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93184 on: May 17, 2015, 01:13:42 am »

Good thing it's been caught, at least! Hope things can be improved without too much trouble. I don't think anybody wants to be in a position to miss you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #93185 on: May 17, 2015, 02:54:22 am »

Good thing it's been caught, at least! Hope things can be improved without too much trouble. I don't think anybody wants to be in a position to miss you.

Well. Caught is a weird thing.

I've been having heart problems since I was born. I Had... Whatever the term was for your heart having a hole in it, and it healed ungracefully. And it almost feels like my hearts been trying to kill me since. I'm prone to stress so it sometimes overworks itself immensely, and on top of that I became a heart attack survivor a few years back.

My doctor told me back when I first switched to her that she thought she switched the scans of my heart she took during my very first checkup with another patient. Since she said it looked more like a 50 year olds heart than a 28 year olds.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93186 on: May 17, 2015, 02:57:04 am »

That's not good.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93187 on: May 17, 2015, 05:59:50 am »

Everything just seems so hopeless and overwhelming.

Can I just wink out of existence, pleaaaaaaaase?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93188 on: May 17, 2015, 06:00:23 am »

Everything just seems so hopeless and overwhelming.

Can I just wink out of existence, pleaaaaaaaase?
How about no.
*hugs*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #93189 on: May 17, 2015, 06:06:06 am »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:14:37 pm by penguinofhonor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93190 on: May 17, 2015, 04:02:24 pm »

A person I thought was my friend has decided to stop talking to me.

Why do people like to ignore me so much? Is it too much to ask for me to be treated with dignity like other human beings?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93191 on: May 17, 2015, 04:06:24 pm »

A person I thought was my friend has decided to stop talking to me.

Why do people like to ignore me so much? Is it too much to ask for me to be treated with dignity like other human beings?
*hugs*
I don't ignore you...
And it's really not.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #93192 on: May 17, 2015, 05:04:40 pm »

I am trying to make my brain go numb and stop thinking. The only way of doing that that I could think of right now is playing Mahjong Titans until I can't think anymore, afterwards I think I'll try and fall asleep.

And the worst part about being ignored is that your brain keeps thinking up reasons why they're doing that, and it keeps going into this negative feedback loop, not once stopping to think that maybe they're too busy or unable to respond.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #93193 on: May 17, 2015, 06:19:45 pm »

Potholes. The street is more pothole than street; the city will do nothing. Typical.

I am threatening to mix concrete by hand and fill some of this in myself. Blah, blah, blah, you don't have the authority to do that, blah blah blah.  >:( [ranting censored along with lots of finger pointing and fairly animated ranting with the occasional profanity in there for not quite good measure.]

...and I have half a mind to get some damn orange barrels with yellow tape and shut down a small portion of the street myself while I mix the damn concrete. It won't be quite the same color and I almost don't care. Hell, if I gave a crap enough to be mayor, that's the type of pissed off and fed up publicity stunt that would do it. [more ranting and a fair deal of huffing and slight puffing]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93194 on: May 17, 2015, 06:56:32 pm »

Why don't you run for office, Tru? It's not like people get overly attached to their mayor, and filling in some potholes yourself would generate some nice publicity - the 'do-it-yourself', all-American kind too.

You probably wouldn't get elected because of a lack of sponsors, but you could at least try.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 6211 6212 [6213] 6214 6215 ... 8167