Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6206 6207 [6208] 6209 6210 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486239 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93105 on: May 14, 2015, 12:27:19 am »

A clock ticking in the middle of of the night... A faint glow from the kitchen... The scent of blood on the air...
It reminds me of my grandparents. I miss them, and I kind of doubt I'll ever see them again. And even if I do, they've been slowly going insane for years.  :'(

*self-deprecating rant removed, because who cares anyways?*
I care.
*hugs*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93106 on: May 14, 2015, 12:29:56 am »

A clock ticking in the middle of of the night... A faint glow from the kitchen... The scent of blood on the air...
It reminds me of my grandparents. I miss them, and I kind of doubt I'll ever see them again. And even if I do, they've been slowly going insane for years.  :'(

I care.
*hugs*
You can PM other people the rant, because people cares manyways.
And this hit me hard. :'(

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93107 on: May 14, 2015, 12:36:11 am »

On the topic of hypocrites, yesterday I had to listen to my housemate, who is probably younger than me, talk about how social media is destroying people's lives, and how Mark Zuckerberg is apparently an asshole for creating Facebook, and that social media contributed to the rise of ISIS, and how everyone is just glued to their screens all the time. Meanwhile he's a part of one of the most toxic, hateful communities on the internet: League of Legends.
Not to mention he's pretty much on the computer or playing Xbox whenever he's home.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #93108 on: May 14, 2015, 01:07:59 am »

I care.
*hugs*
Thanks.
I'm just... Not feeling the best.

And the last pair of pajamas I liked/felt comfortable in just got wrecked... Looks like I'm sleeping in my clothes for a while. Because a sleeping bag on a couch in my hairstylist's basement wasn't bad enough...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #93109 on: May 14, 2015, 01:36:24 am »

I care.
*hugs*
Thanks.
I'm just... Not feeling the best.

And the last pair of pajamas I liked/felt comfortable in just got wrecked... Looks like I'm sleeping in my clothes for a while. Because a sleeping bag on a couch in my hairstylist's basement wasn't bad enough...
Well...
If you ever need someone to talk to, my PM box and Steam chat are open.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93110 on: May 14, 2015, 10:17:00 am »

Cut's still gungey, and it smells.

Well, needed to visit the nurse tomorrow anyway, so...
Is the wound beginning to smell a little like almonds?

I hope it gets better soon anyway.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93111 on: May 14, 2015, 11:09:15 am »

So many power outages.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #93112 on: May 14, 2015, 11:17:56 am »

If you need to rant, you need to rant.

I hope you do get to see your grandparents again. Though elders slipping out of their minds :'(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #93113 on: May 14, 2015, 11:57:30 am »

Grandfather doesn't want to put up with the oxygen, or the respirator, or the surgeries anymore. He's ready to go. Grandmother is clinging tighter than ever, won't let him. She's lecturing him on not giving up, and has arranged for him to be restrained so he can't disconnect himself.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93114 on: May 14, 2015, 12:22:30 pm »

Cut's still gungey, and it smells.

Well, needed to visit the nurse tomorrow anyway, so...
That's a definite wound infection.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #93115 on: May 14, 2015, 12:27:53 pm »

i read something other than cut at first

didnt make your post any less concerning

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93116 on: May 14, 2015, 12:31:45 pm »

Grandfather doesn't want to put up with the oxygen, or the respirator, or the surgeries anymore. He's ready to go. Grandmother is clinging tighter than ever, won't let him. She's lecturing him on not giving up, and has arranged for him to be restrained so he can't disconnect himself.

:C

That's rough.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93117 on: May 14, 2015, 01:05:12 pm »

Out of the blue, the cable connecting my desktop to its monitor has decided to stop working. I don't know what happened to it, exactly, but it seems to need replacing. It'll only cost about $4, but it's still a pain in the ass.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #93118 on: May 14, 2015, 01:14:06 pm »

Meanwhile he's a part of one of the most toxic, hateful communities on the internet: League of Legends.
League? Psh that's nothing! You should see the Heroes of Newerth community; we're so bad even the other MOBA's criticize us for having a bad community! (Though as a result we do have some of the best and easiest to use ignore/mute features I've ever seen in a game. :P)

On the sad note though, our pilot light went out at some point, so it was a cold shower this morning.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93119 on: May 14, 2015, 01:15:48 pm »

In all fairness MOBAs are like BUILT to create bad communities.

A single bad player isn't going to lose a match in Team Fortress, make the game unfun, or kill your score/earning potential.

Add in that in order to be good at the game you have to copy the pros outright... And that means it invites the 'pros', the kind of pro-wannabes who will beat you over the head with metagame dogma so you better HOPE you are good.

I could go on.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 01:17:40 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 6206 6207 [6208] 6209 6210 ... 8167