Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6203 6204 [6205] 6206 6207 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486331 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93060 on: May 12, 2015, 07:29:18 pm »

As much as recent events helped out it's... So hard to keep any pretenses of moving on from something as major as this when so many things you did to pass the time and enjoy yourself remind you of someone that's now gone. It's impossible... My choices are let that hit me and break down again or spend my time doing nothing here and going to work. Because everything else hurts to go back to.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93061 on: May 12, 2015, 07:33:13 pm »

This computer has a shit-tastic internet connection. Repairs to Master-Laptop cannot come sooner.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #93062 on: May 12, 2015, 07:54:49 pm »

As much as recent events helped out it's... So hard to keep any pretenses of moving on from something as major as this when so many things you did to pass the time and enjoy yourself remind you of someone that's now gone. It's impossible... My choices are let that hit me and break down again or spend my time doing nothing here and going to work. Because everything else hurts to go back to.
Maybe try a new activity? Arts n Crafts?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93063 on: May 12, 2015, 07:56:06 pm »

'S okay. You can take the time you need to heal up, even if it doesn't feel like that's what you're doing. I think it's still something that can help, even if it feels like wasting time. And when you're done, you'll be even stronger for it. I don't really know the details, and quite frankly you do not need to tell me or anybody, but I do know what pain is like. It may not be something you get over, per se, like you just wake up one day and you don't care anymore and everything is sunshine and lollipops* forever. But sooner or later you might realize that it doesn't feel like the crippling boulder of a weight it feels like, and at some point you retroactively notice you turned it into a rock on which you built your badass, awesome self.

Although to be fair, those two adjectives already describe you, so you may have to figure out some other life lesson to pick up out of the whole ordeal to make a better you out of you.

*Guns and tits?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #93064 on: May 12, 2015, 08:09:22 pm »

It is kinda doing nothing. Either I force myself to do the things I want to do, which are now unpleasant reminders. Or I do nothing at all and I end up just thinking about stuff all over again.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93065 on: May 12, 2015, 08:16:23 pm »

Normally if I play really loud music while doing stuff, it over-rides my thoughts enough that I'm not reminded of unpleasant associations.

Which is weird, because if I play the same music at a lower volume, it helps me concentrate. I use it for studying and exams.

Brains are fucked. Go listen to death metal.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #93066 on: May 12, 2015, 09:39:09 pm »

... I got so stressed out trying to get away from my thoughts I thought my heart was about to give out... Not going to crosspost this to things that made you terrified but... I am.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93067 on: May 12, 2015, 09:53:53 pm »

I think someone hacked my Steam account. My avatar and username have mysteriously changed on their built-in forum.

How do I fix this?

step 1: Make sure the thing still says your email is the proper email
Step 2: Change your password
Step 3: Change your email's password
Step 4: Fix the changes

I'm not entirely sure how how to change my email's password (and am a little afraid to try and find out as I'm not sure that my main email account that I use is still supposed to be active as it's the one I got from my college and I graduated several years ago)

It doesn't matter though because I can't log in to Steam anyway, which is the main part of the suggested fix
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:23:02 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93068 on: May 12, 2015, 10:41:11 pm »

Basically[Along with most of my friendgroup] up and told a long-time friend to get the fuck away from us permanently, after a vitriolic tirade calling them out on their shit. They totally deserved it, since I'd just found out they'd emotionally abused their ex-girlfriend back when they were dating, aside from other general douchebaggery, but I still feel terrible. Especially since they reportedly spent the whole bus ride home crying into their hat.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #93069 on: May 12, 2015, 10:43:43 pm »

Endings are never easy... sorry to hear about it, man.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93070 on: May 12, 2015, 11:16:50 pm »

Quote from: random Snippet far back there in posts
How in the hell do you move on from terrible things that have happened to you emotionally?
You proceed through the motions in full, without letting it affect you via attachment.
The way by which negative experiences still affect the person, is usually because it seems to 'reinforce itself' in your mind (ie repetition of {certain} thoughts). We then think about that in an analytical view--which words are originally ours, and which words are actually not of us, but applied {though misuse or otherwise} to judge the situation. We look at the past, and wonder why its 'happening' in the present, when it may be anxiety speaking and inferring that it 'MAY POSSIBLY PROBABLY' be the same situation in the present, but its not (because we didn't ask other people about it yet, but "it looks like I'm still being treated this way").
Personally speaking, I had to analyze my OWN way of understanding communication to understand why in the world these things still happen to me. Base point (due to lacking time to refine and type this) is to Understand instead of Distance yourself from what happened.
TO be VERY blunt in my point (not that precise). :-X
Also what others said--if there is existing aid locally, go to them as they can assess you in a more varied way (physically as well as the other factors in language [ie body gestures and tone of voice...])

[...]shrink[...]
I don't feel well when this is being used as a term to describe people working in the mental health field. :-\
It sounds  :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:18:46 pm by Tiruin »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #93071 on: May 12, 2015, 11:24:42 pm »

Base point (due to lacking time to refine and type this) is to Understand instead of Distance yourself from what happened.

This is what I have always felt best also.  If I'm feeling bad, I don't try to distract myself.  I dive in deep and let it all process, not feeling but knowing that this state of being is temporary. 

Plus, trying to distract myself from what I'm feeling has always just made me feel worse.

But I understand I'm incredibly different from most people, and my advise might be terrible :/
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93072 on: May 12, 2015, 11:34:42 pm »

'Shrink' is still better than 'quack'.
Also it can be used to describe both psychologists and psychiatrists, so it's kinda handy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #93073 on: May 13, 2015, 12:05:21 am »

Some lighter sads:

I was incredibly hyped for Nightwish's first studio album with Floor Jansen (my favorite singer), but I've found the end result sadly underwhelming.  Floor's a powerhouse, and they barely made any use of it.

And for my birthday, my parents gave me money to buy a mechanical keyboard for work, because I didn't know what kind I wanted.  I've found exactly what I want in the Ducky Zero, but can't find it in stock anywhere.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93074 on: May 13, 2015, 12:15:23 am »

'Shrink' is still better than 'quack'.
Also it can be used to describe both psychologists and psychiatrists, so it's kinda handy.
Ehh, what I mean is, its -still- a pejorative, despite the difference in degrees of negativity between them -_-
(Or, y'know, feels very much like a pejorative. "HEY SHRINK!", when 'Shrink' == make smaller, to me. So...just..what? It feels demeaning. But that's me assuming. Surely there's context to this! D:)

"You make me smaller!" ...Yeaaah, no. :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:18:39 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 6203 6204 [6205] 6206 6207 ... 8167