Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6202 6203 [6204] 6205 6206 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487156 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93045 on: May 12, 2015, 02:51:22 pm »

But really, "I've seen your hair it looks good" is code for "I noticed you got a haircut".
Unless you have a tongue so silvered that you can't actually lift it against its own weight, there's no particularly good way of commenting on someone's hair. I don't even bother to try and sound intelligent, just something like "Your hair looks different it is nice."
"I like your hair today!" "Your hair looks really nice!" "I like that color, it really suits you!"
Maybe it's just 'cause I'm a girl, but I've never really had problems with complimenting people. Other girls, at the very least.

I just love the alternate interpretations of that.

"Nice dress, it is really slimming. I can hardly notice you gained weight", "Wow, your hair really distracts from your complexion"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93046 on: May 12, 2015, 02:56:15 pm »

Oh, shush. I don't give backhanded compliments. If I'm going to insult someone, I'll just do it. No need to beat around the bush when you can just say what you mean with less confusion.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93047 on: May 12, 2015, 02:57:55 pm »

Oh, shush. I don't give backhanded compliments. If I'm going to insult someone, I'll just do it. No need to beat around the bush when you can just say what you mean with less confusion.

"Wow, your hair looks great today! Ohh and by the way you're ugly and no one likes you! Have a nice day!"

:P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:03:43 pm by Neonivek »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #93048 on: May 12, 2015, 03:01:35 pm »

I think I know how you feel. I may or may not have badly screwed up an external assessment this afternoon.

Of course, I also think any mark less than a ninety is disappointing. But even so.

Oh yes, and I have two speeches to make tomorrow. Fun!

Good luck on your speeches. If you employ the skill you use in your short stories, you are sure to astound the audience.

And I quite agree. It is irrational and petty, given I don't really need brilliant marks to get where I want, but it kills me that what mark I get changes, and that even at the highest change it isn't A* material. My best mark was 23/30 for knowledge and 20/20 for historical interpretation (quotes, yuck.) So, 43/50. An okay mark, but not one I feel proud of. I suppose it's because I think I can/should do better? I dunno.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93049 on: May 12, 2015, 03:14:01 pm »

"I like your hair today!" "Your hair looks really nice!" "I like that color, it really suits you!"
Maybe it's just 'cause I'm a girl, but I've never really had problems with complimenting people. Other girls, at the very least.
But with genuine compliments you have to balance between avoiding seeming insincere, creepy, or not being SUPER MASCULINE FASHION IS OF NO SIGNIFICANCE TO ME and all in all it's probably not worth the effort.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93050 on: May 12, 2015, 03:55:59 pm »

I think someone hacked my Steam account. My avatar and username have mysteriously changed on their built-in forum.

How do I fix this?

step 1: Make sure the thing still says your email is the proper email
Step 2: Change your password
Step 3: Change your email's password
Step 4: Fix the changes

I won't have access to my computer until tonight and I can't seem to log in via browser (don't know whether that's due to tampering or just part of the trouble I've always had accessing Steam over browsers). Is there anything I can do now.

Under "reclaiming a stolen steam account" on steam support it lists credit cards and bank transfers as possible means of providing proof of ownership, but I don't know hoe to go about providing them with these. Does anyone know"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93051 on: May 12, 2015, 04:07:47 pm »

But with genuine compliments you have to balance between avoiding seeming insincere, creepy, or not being SUPER MASCULINE FASHION IS OF NO SIGNIFICANCE TO ME and all in all it's probably not worth the effort.
The first isn't a problem if you're actually meaning what you're saying, the second if a bit too long to analyze but is a matter of calibration and if the third is a problem, then you have another, more pressing issues.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93052 on: May 12, 2015, 04:18:41 pm »

I think someone hacked my Steam account. My avatar and username have mysteriously changed on their built-in forum.

How do I fix this?

I won't have access to my computer until tonight and I can't seem to log in via browser (don't know whether that's due to tampering or just part of the trouble I've always had accessing Steam over browsers). Is there anything I can do now.

Under "reclaiming a stolen steam account" on steam support it lists credit cards and bank transfers as possible means of providing proof of ownership, but I don't know hoe to go about providing them with these. Does anyone know"
I think you have to shoot Steam support an email and get a dialogue going. I wouldn't pop those numbers in unasked, but that's probably the mechanism.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93053 on: May 12, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »

How do I fix this?

I'm not entirely sure how how to change my email's password (and am a little afraid to try and find out as I'm not sure that my main email account that I use is still supposed to be active as it's the one I got from my college and I graduated several years ago)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #93054 on: May 12, 2015, 05:44:04 pm »

Truean,  we need more of you.  Who knows how much injustice you've prevented.  Whistleblowers have it rough, but they are the truest heroes reality affords us.  That you not only exposed corruption, but dethroned it is extraordinary.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93055 on: May 12, 2015, 05:49:16 pm »

where did you get that photograph of truean
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93056 on: May 12, 2015, 05:51:35 pm »

So my gf and I are back together... She said she regretted ever wanting to take a break from being in a relationship. I'm going to take this relationship a step down and have it a lot less serious because if she does this indecisive stuff again I'm don't. Next time I can I'm going to talk to her about what I want to do in the future and if she doesn't think she can handle it I'm probably going to break up with her (for real). I love her, I really do but I'm going to take my sisters advice and not form my entire future plans to for around one person.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93057 on: May 12, 2015, 07:17:33 pm »

Why do I always have to see this jerk. Why did I ever liked him. Why can't he just stop existing. His existence and continued living pisses me off so much.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93058 on: May 12, 2015, 07:26:32 pm »

Murder is bad, Thainy Cinder
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93059 on: May 12, 2015, 07:28:27 pm »

So trapping him in a pocket dimension is kosher?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6202 6203 [6204] 6205 6206 ... 8167