Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6200 6201 [6202] 6203 6204 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9487493 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93015 on: May 12, 2015, 02:21:26 am »

Huh. That's interesting. Although I'm not terribly trusting of the claims of Random Pictoor on Interwebz.
Oh, I've got resources that back up the idea...but lack the links to those sources. >_<
But yes--the picture should not be a sole source of realization, as many assumptions can be gleaned from it--and yet assumptions can only give an incomplete conclusion.
I used the picture because it relates a =TON= in my case. Probably to some others here too.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:23:15 am by Tiruin »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93016 on: May 12, 2015, 07:00:40 am »

Apparently I miss understood her. Yesterday she said she just wanted a short break so it thought a few months and by then probable just friends for good. What she meant by a short break was a week so she can get her life in order, I cried for nothing! She's also saying she regrets doing it and wants back together... I'm not sure about this
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93017 on: May 12, 2015, 07:14:43 am »

Apparently I miss understood her. Yesterday she said she just wanted a short break so it thought a few months and by then probable just friends for good. What she meant by a short break was a week so she can get her life in order, I cried for nothing! She's also saying she regrets doing it and wants back together... I'm not sure about this
Don't do it.

At this stage, intentionally or not, she's messing with you.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93018 on: May 12, 2015, 07:20:08 am »

People keep sending me messages on Steam in the middle of the night, when I'm not online and don't even have access to internet.

I don't know if my steam is incorrectly showing me as being online or not, but I feel like a shithead for not replying and people keep acting like I'm ignoring them.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93019 on: May 12, 2015, 07:26:02 am »

People keep sending me messages on Steam in the middle of the night, when I'm not online and don't even have access to internet.

I don't know if my steam is incorrectly showing me as being online or not, but I feel like a shithead for not replying and people keep acting like I'm ignoring them.
If you're offline, you're offline. Y'aren't a shithead for not being online 24/7 ^^
(on a more serious note, do you turn your computer off during the night, or just leave it in standby mode ? That could possibly explain steam showing you as online... That, or people in other timezones just wanting to leave you a message when they can)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93020 on: May 12, 2015, 07:57:40 am »

Don't do it.

At this stage, intentionally or not, she's messing with you.

It's not even been 24 hours...
She's pretty sad about it and beating herself up about it because she didn't mean to do it just that she wanted a less serious relationship for a bit and wanted to get away from some crap in life
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93021 on: May 12, 2015, 10:41:33 am »

* Iceblaster is guilty of doing this.

Sorry! :c

Fakeedit: Just to add more content to this... Don't feel bad! I do the same thing in terms of not going offline... Though, yeah. It has shown you as online, or at least going online for like. Five minutes before going away. Odd.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #93022 on: May 12, 2015, 10:50:46 am »

*Please no quoting*

Asking for emotional advice....

So recently, people finally started believing me about a totally corrupt official who was making my life a living hell. They convicted him, etc. He's all but gone and probably going to be doing a few years prison time. This has happened before and it might happen again in the future for all I know. It's basically ruined me. Being ethical and not corrupt cost me pretty much everything. My career has been set back years from essentially whistle-blower retaliation that lead to a few felony convictions and ongoing investigations against others....

I'm emotionally devastated and I'm trying incredibly hard to "get over it." I was put in a position where if I did anything I'd be punished for it, so I am now incredibly hesitant to do anything.... I just can't take anymore rejection, because I did EVERYTHING right but still got royally screwed. County has finally decided to pick up the expense for my psychological counseling once what happened came out in court and the papers. Let me make something clear about that, county doesn't give a flying shit about anybody so for THEM to actually pony up payment for services is extraordinary. I'm incredibly embarrassed and ashamed about the whole thing, even though I know it's not my fault. It's been proven it wasn't my fault. It's been proven the whole thing happened due to craploads of corruption and that I helped stop it by not taking part (and the retaliation against me was legendary), and reporting it (unofficially, but my my who pointed the state in the right direction?).

I can't even believe it happened emotionally, though logically, I know it did. I've seen it all proved out in painstaking detail. I'm still emotionally denying it happened, because something like this never should.... I can't really face what I logically know happened on an emotional level. It's like looking at a horrific car crash accident you were in.

How in the hell do you move on from terrible things that have happened to you emotionally?

*please no quoting*
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:57:33 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93023 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:33 am »

I just watched the finale of season four of American Horror Story.
It seems it really got to me. I'm too sad to sleep.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93024 on: May 12, 2015, 12:06:45 pm »

Truean, it takes time and effort and a little bit of a realization. Keep going to that therapy, listen to what your shrink has to say and lean on them, and take their advice and work on it. You can't just get over something like that, especially when it's devastated your career and exposed the seedy underbelly of something the idealist in you wants to make pure and whole again.

The realization is next, though, and I can say it every waking moment for the rest of forever and it will mean nothing until it clicks for you, but here I go anyway: what you did took tenacity, courage, strength, and honor. You weathered the storm of some of the most powerful people you will ever meet, and when they tried to crush you, you persevered. You remained a light in the dark, untainted by their corruption and the fact that you're emotionally wrecked is proof of that. You walked through one of the deepest shitstorms we'll ever hear about, and it came from people who should be as pure-hearted and valorous as you, who are in positions of power and wealth. Through all that, you put the bad guys in jail, where they belong, and made your city safer and more just for everyone, especially for people who will never know about it.

You're a fucking superhero, Truean. A real life superhero.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93025 on: May 12, 2015, 12:28:39 pm »

Wife is staying with her parents in the city, who are helping take care of the baby.

I'm back home, back into my job.

Being separate is hard.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #93026 on: May 12, 2015, 12:39:12 pm »

Truean, it takes time and effort and a little bit of a realization. Keep going to that therapy, listen to what your shrink has to say and lean on them, and take their advice and work on it. You can't just get over something like that, especially when it's devastated your career and exposed the seedy underbelly of something the idealist in you wants to make pure and whole again.

The realization is next, though, and I can say it every waking moment for the rest of forever and it will mean nothing until it clicks for you, but here I go anyway: what you did took tenacity, courage, strength, and honor. You weathered the storm of some of the most powerful people you will ever meet, and when they tried to crush you, you persevered. You remained a light in the dark, untainted by their corruption and the fact that you're emotionally wrecked is proof of that. You walked through one of the deepest shitstorms we'll ever hear about, and it came from people who should be as pure-hearted and valorous as you, who are in positions of power and wealth. Through all that, you put the bad guys in jail, where they belong, and made your city safer and more just for everyone, especially for people who will never know about it.

You're a fucking superhero, Truean. A real life superhero.
+1 to all this

Truean, you won. The victory was not without cost, but you pressed on despite that, even though you knew the costs after years of suffering through them. You have indisputably made the world a better place for your being on it. You have risen beyond the usual cloud of apathy and fear that prevents most people from doing the right thing.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93027 on: May 12, 2015, 12:43:39 pm »

Wife is staying with her parents in the city, who are helping take care of the baby.

I'm back home, back into my job.

Being separate is hard.
I know that feels, bro. Wolfeyez is staying at her mom's house to help take care of her dementia-ridden grandma, and her mom is helping watch MZ-kid Mk II. I see her briefly after work, but come home to an empty apartment. It sucks, but it's the right thing to do.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93028 on: May 12, 2015, 01:37:02 pm »

Yeah, with the baby being this young, she needs all the help she can get, and I can't give it when I'm at work.
I'm just happy that the family moved much closer to us, so it's a 4 hour journey instead of more than 12.

Yay natural disasters, I guess?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #93029 on: May 12, 2015, 01:40:59 pm »

Nah, Augustine thought natural disasters were an externalised version of original sin.

So you would be safer going with the trend and saying "damned natural disasters!" :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6200 6201 [6202] 6203 6204 ... 8167