Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6195 6196 [6197] 6198 6199 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9489166 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92940 on: May 09, 2015, 10:55:53 pm »

Fruitful: You need to inject babies into each other in order to be a real marriage.

Sorry infertile people! And the elderly!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92941 on: May 09, 2015, 10:58:53 pm »

More Koss getting sad at Doctor Who!
Age of Steel's ending made me sad today. Dammit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92942 on: May 09, 2015, 11:08:33 pm »

Uuuugh.... I've still got this friggin' chest cold, and now it's progressed from snotty to constant smoker-tier hacking and coughing, which hurts like hell.... and the red liquid from hell (robitussin) isn't helping at all...

Make it stoooooooooooooooop.  :'(
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92943 on: May 09, 2015, 11:20:32 pm »

It's black and white; a real marriage is loving, lasting and fruitful
I don't even understand how this is against gay marriage. Straight marriages aren't always this, and gay marriages are this just as much as straight ones.
* Tiruin bops Jerick.
Yer 'humanity' there only consists of a small portion of the whole humanity in existence. :P But yeah, expand your faith to encompass farther than the voices that dim your belief on humanity.
But point in case, ideas such as those -seriously- require correct knowledge in place. Rather than...superficial, 'reasonable' bigotry.
I mean, ever since the turn of the 20th century (and otherwise), research associations and combined research have perpetuated the {stupidity} of anti-LGBT stuffs. Since ever.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92944 on: May 09, 2015, 11:26:10 pm »

Uh, Tiruin? Jerick's quoting someone else there. I don't think (s)he agrees with what was being said :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92945 on: May 09, 2015, 11:43:39 pm »

Pretty sure she's talking about this:
My faith in humanity is at an all time low right now.
In which my formatting is skewed.
Yeah, I was referring to this. :-X Oops.

huuuuuh

stuff

opportunity to undo academic fuckups

don't want it

i would literally rather qq than use fix everything button

psychologist is sure i'm not psychotic

should probably get that psychiatric evaluation done at some point
[...]
I'll poke this in brief:
If one can do anything good in their life, it all starts with the act and will of doing it--the path to a better life does not like in the 'Quit' button, in reality (allegorical), or in any game. Ever.
Unless that quit button leads you to the Konami code and then you get 30 more lives...but that's branching away from the point.

Now in talking about academic worries--there're better people IRL to talk about regarding those (ie the guidance counsel in schools, who in my opinion and experience, follow the humanistic and humanitarian viewpoint).
Following up the orange part: That is supported in your subtleness online, too (though obviously I'm speaking from only a tiny viewpoint, given that psychosis and other notions in the psyche require a physical examination. You seem like a rather good lad, just misguided at times and lost in others.

I'll share a something here. One thing that kept me going is a proverb I've heard when I was a child. When my dad saw my inquisitiveness about things and poked my depression, he gave me a note. 'Do good in times of doubt, otherwise regret may follow you when you think 'What if'.'
Which should pretty much have context, but I forgot the exact way it was given (and it was in Tagalog, so translation, go!)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:57:08 pm by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92946 on: May 09, 2015, 11:48:15 pm »

I don't even understand how this is against gay marriage. Straight marriages aren't always this, and gay marriages are this just as much as straight ones.
It's just a namby-pamby way of saying "the Bible says it's bad so that means we have to force everyone else to comply".

I mean, ever since the turn of the 20th century (and otherwise), research associations and combined research have perpetuated the {stupidity} of anti-LGBT stuffs. Since ever.
This, however, is quite interesting.

E: No, wait, it's not. I misinterpreted what Tiru was saying.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:50:42 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92947 on: May 09, 2015, 11:58:16 pm »

It's just a namby-pamby way of saying "the Bible says it's bad so that means we have to force everyone else to comply".
Which is in fact a misinterpretation of what was written in the Bible -_-
In which it wasn't even stated in the Bible that way--but interpreted that way.

That's my sad: The power of MISINFO(RMATION).

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92948 on: May 10, 2015, 12:03:29 am »

So... Umm... I think I might be single soon.
SO is talking to me a lot less and is showing a lot of signs that she doesn't realy love me too much anymore. (After a year and a few months of talking to someone hourly you get to know subtle hints) and it's not very subtle. What I'm getting is she's just playing along so she doesn't hurt me but I don't think she really wants to be in a relationship anymore and she's (this one is definit because she has told me and is showing the signs) depressed. If she doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore I'm fine with that, take away a bit of stress, and I'll just stay her friend, all u want is for her to be happy and I'll do whatever I need to to make that happen. Though I doubt I can pull her out of depression entirly I think I could help some, she knows I'm here for her. This really isn't something I want for to end but at the same time I know it's probably for the best. I'll see in a few days if it continues or not.

Fake edit: sigh, religious arguments again... This makes me sad too. I would contribute what I know but I don't need more stress right now and getting involved really doesn't have a history of helping that.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92949 on: May 10, 2015, 12:21:58 am »

You seem like a rather good lad, just misguided at times and lost in others.
Misguided?

And people who know me IRL say I always look lost, so there's that, too. :P

Which is in fact a misinterpretation of what was written in the Bible -_-
In which it wasn't even stated in the Bible that way--but interpreted that way.
I dunno, "do not lie with a man as with a woman, for that is abomination" seems pretty explicit. Although the religion thread is probably more suited to that discussion.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92950 on: May 10, 2015, 12:35:58 am »

I think you'd be fine as long as you don't put your dick in the relevant man's vagina. Strictly speaking, that passage bans only dudes banging transmen. Bloating that out to anything more is heresy!

EDIT: Although that's still kind of a shitty rule. Not to say that interpretation makes it okay or anything.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92951 on: May 10, 2015, 12:50:14 am »

There's also room to interpret it as "do not lie with the heathen's male prostitutes."
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #92952 on: May 10, 2015, 12:58:58 am »

The v key on my keyboard is starting to die, and I think the f key isn't looking too well either.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92953 on: May 10, 2015, 01:04:50 am »

I tried buying Frozen Synapse Prime for adwarf for his birfmas but it can only be redeemed in South-East Asia. :C

Somebody buy him a game on Steam dammit I feel baaaaaad.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92954 on: May 10, 2015, 01:07:19 am »

The v key on my keyboard is starting to die, and I think the f key isn't looking too well either.
Of all the keys, now its harder to access the shortcut for 'find' and 'paste'. :-\

I tried buying Frozen Synapse Prime for adwarf for his birfmas but it can only be redeemed in South-East Asia. :C

Somebody buy him a game on Steam dammit I feel baaaaaad.
Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia, actually. But yeah. :-\
Pages: 1 ... 6195 6196 [6197] 6198 6199 ... 8167