Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6176 6177 [6178] 6179 6180 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495167 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92655 on: May 01, 2015, 12:36:28 pm »

You got into the finals? Props to you, man!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92656 on: May 01, 2015, 12:46:20 pm »

The national final, that is.
All it takes to get into the national final is to be in the best 25, and only 135 people participated this year :P
Best 4 (well, best 2 Flemish people and best 2 Walloons) of this final go to the international olympiad (in Kazakhstan, of all places). The trainings were interesting, though.

E:
Well, I have to go now. Wish me luck. I hope I won't fail too badly :x
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:44:08 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92657 on: May 01, 2015, 01:05:37 pm »

Day one of the two-on five-off diet. My stomach is empty and I'm stuck drinking water until dinner.
The what diet?
Intermittent fasting. You cut calories heavily two days a week, eat a balanced amount the other days. It tricks your body into burning fat rather than trying to hold onto it. Eat a light breakfast, and eat a light supper. Drink tea and stuff during the day. I need to eat before I go to bed in these situations because I can't fall asleep if I'm starving, so that's that.

If you diet all the time, the body shifts to burning muscle mass and storing fat, which is a configuration which uses less energy and stores more supplies for later. So you lose lean mass and look even more blubbery than before. Even though you "weigh less". Then when you eat properly again, it rebuilds your lost muscle, but it now has a fatter layer of fat on top.

If you diet only every few days, it treats it as a short-term deficit and uses fat stores to make up the energy needs. This conserves muscle mass and still allows you to lose weight, which is what you really want, to increase your proportion of lean body mass.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:13:40 pm by Reelya »

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92658 on: May 01, 2015, 01:43:55 pm »

-snip-

I'm sorry, I made my friend out to look like a mean person. He just has difficulty communicating with people properly, I guess— he's not mean all the time. He admits to being sort of an asshole and is kind of nice otherwise, he just ignores me and leaves me sometimes. Primarily to play on his phone or some other electronic device, since I'm kind of boring I guess. Well, I mean, he only calls me names occasionally, and he doesn't do much to offend me aside from sometimes being against me a lot or being kind of rude, but he's nice, too, and he just is sort of sensitive sometimes even though he's kind of insensitive towards others he just sort of gets on my nerves sometimes and I'm explaining this horribly. He's not a douche, or anything, I just messed up and he's reasonably mad at me.

I feel awful because I seldom ever yell at anyone and even though everyone keeps telling me it's fine and they would do the same thing and it's perfectly fine it's not because I yelled at him and no one deserves that and I messed up
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:48:26 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92659 on: May 01, 2015, 02:05:20 pm »

I feel awful because I seldom ever yell at anyone and even though everyone keeps telling me it's fine and they would do the same thing and it's perfectly fine it's not because I yelled at him and no one deserves that and I messed up
It's alright to get angry at people, it's part of human nature. Don't be so hard on yourself.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92660 on: May 01, 2015, 04:14:27 pm »

Just got back my grade for the last major English project we had, an F. This was more than a little surprising, because the professor had told us outright that he'd liked our (it was a group project) work. It turned out that the guy who was supposed to turn in our project took it home instead, and the professor didn't bother to tell us that there was a problem until the grade went in two weeks later, despite class meeting four times in that span. He now refuses to change it, because "it's been too long since the assignment was due. You'll all just have to do really well on the final paper!"
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92661 on: May 01, 2015, 04:44:06 pm »

Great. Fucking great. I panic a little bit and now everybody in my game thread hates me and won't post actions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92662 on: May 01, 2015, 04:55:17 pm »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:34:10 pm by penguinofhonor »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92663 on: May 01, 2015, 04:57:10 pm »

Whatever happened to "eat food that isn't shit, and maybe exercise once in a while"?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92664 on: May 01, 2015, 05:08:28 pm »

Why do people always feel the need to rebrand fasting and prop it up with pseudoscience? Excluding surgery and weird pills and shit, it's probably the least pleasant way to lose weight and carries the most risks. We try very hard to get teenagers not to do it. But as soon as you hit 18 and it's a fad diet, everyone's all for it.
Fasting while your body is still building your physical structure is far more risky than doing so after the base support system is laid. Add in how hormones skew your thoughts and that still being considered a minor means that your actions aren't your legal responsibility, yeah.

The people who use pseudoscience don't have access to or don't care about the actual findings. It's a fault with being a social-centric creature. Like assholes(opinion) who get books as conversation pieces without having actually read them.

Whatever happened to "eat food that isn't shit, and maybe exercise once in a while"?
Well a japanese scientist is working to make a meat substitute from proteins found in shit and is pretty far along.Humor, but is actually happening.
What is shit for a person depends on what they are currently getting so that phrase is pretty useless. Except to shame others for a lack of moderation.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #92665 on: May 01, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »

*Please no quoting*

I'll be ok, but something not great has happened. I need to know how to download video posted to youtube so that I have a copy of that video footage saved to a physical storage device in the real world.

If you could please be so kind as to suggest any reliable, safe means of taking a video off youtube and making a physical copy of it, I would be very appreciative. Thank you.

Please no quoting*
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #92666 on: May 01, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »

I like Clip Converter to download YouTube stuff.

Haven't used it in ages though, but I assume it still works.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92667 on: May 01, 2015, 05:34:31 pm »

There are countless websites for downloading off youtube. Just a google for "youtube downloader" and some "is this website sketchy or not?" know-how can get you one. Here's one I found just now: http://www.clipconverter.cc/
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #92668 on: May 01, 2015, 05:36:15 pm »

I do know that there's a website for youtube to mp3, so you can probably just download some free screen-recorder and then do a little trial-and-error to play them in sync.

Although most screen-recorders probably capture the sound as well, so you might be able to just do that.

FAKEEDIT: Ninja'd by people whose ideas are much easier than mine XD

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92669 on: May 01, 2015, 05:41:58 pm »

Dirpy is okay at ripping videos but some formats don't work. I also have the Firefox add-on for Flash Video Downloader 7.2.4 which I have yet to see not work.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 6176 6177 [6178] 6179 6180 ... 8168