Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6175 6176 [6177] 6178 6179 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495161 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92640 on: May 01, 2015, 02:34:17 am »

Trading STFU's is conducive to ending neither ignorance nor unpleasant posts.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92641 on: May 01, 2015, 03:43:04 am »

Yoink et al, please chill on the emotional words and speak like people to each other. Some people may be misguided or be putting their own ideas on the field, but exchanging unreasonable with vitriol does not equal a sensible end to a discussion.
Especially going all 'NO U'. :-\
There's a better way to deliver 'stop the trash talk' or whatever along those lines than...superficial rhetoric.

That said, sarcasm isn't the best thing to bring up here--even if personally serious.

To poke the point, this reminds me a -ton- of the whole stigma/social understanding crisis [mostly regarding psychological aspects] back in the 70's (around that time anyway)...wherein a ton of things were misunderstood, refurbished, then reunderstood.
Best thing to get around this is to actually move to understand it instead of believing pre-conceived notions which don't align with the facts.

...Sad related, the media is one of the primary areas responsible for information dissemination, but not wholly responsible that the people are bereft of any responsibility either. >.>

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #92642 on: May 01, 2015, 04:14:22 am »

I don't say nonsense to mean "nonsensical", though.
Looks like we learned a valuable lesson today. Don't do this xD

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92643 on: May 01, 2015, 07:30:15 am »

I flipped out at my friend because he was trying to argue that the Helix religion (A religion centered around the Helix Fossil, an item in the Pokémon games) wasn't a religion like some fucking dicky know-it-all and he always does that and I was just trying to tell him a joke and this other kid joined in with "woah it sounds like a fucking joke so it's not a religion" and I just got so mad because my fucking friend had this underlying sarcasm like he always does and it seems like he does it because he wants to make me feel inferior or something and I don't know what it meant because I've never used it before but I just shouted get your heads out of your asses and shut the fuck up and I feel really horrible and he left really fast and he didn't say anything and now he isn't talking to me and he's sitting really far away and he's avoiding me and I feel like I did something wrong and I did but he calls me names like dick and asshole and chides me on things alot and I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I was just trying to tell him a joke but he wouldn't stop it
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:32:54 am by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92644 on: May 01, 2015, 08:13:25 am »

*snip*
*hugs*
You always have Tawa and myself. And the rest of Bay12, maybe?
Have you tried to apologise, or is he actually making sure you cannot talk to him?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92645 on: May 01, 2015, 08:21:49 am »

I hate it when friends do things that make me angry. :( Pretty sure I can relate.
Hopefully he gets over it and you can make it up to him. Don't blame yourself, it sure sounds like he was being a dick. Good luck.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92646 on: May 01, 2015, 09:12:56 am »

I assume it all happened not too long ago. Give it a day, maybe he'll cool down overnight and realise how silly everything was.
I do stuff, I guess

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92647 on: May 01, 2015, 09:17:00 am »

This is where you just turn the whole thing into a joke. Pretend to be the prophet of helix. Tell him of the time that the evil democratics freed the bird of truth.
Or, would do, if you could go back in time.

Alternatively now you could just be like 'So how'd your head', or 'How's it smelling', or 'Yeah, bet you didn't expect that outta me, huh'.
Because apologizing for that would essentially place you back in his sarcastic overbearing shadow.
Unless you like it there, in the cool and safe shadow. In which case he'd probably magnanimously accept your apology like a douche.

It's 2:00am. My advice is not good.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92648 on: May 01, 2015, 10:54:32 am »

To be fair, gender identity nonsense is a pretty new thing.
It's not a new thing, It's been around for a really long time. It's only now coming into the public eye.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92649 on: May 01, 2015, 10:56:43 am »

I think that's what he meant. Buckyballs have existed in the soot of the first fire mankind ever made, but they're still (relatively) new - because we as a collective noticed them only recently.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92650 on: May 01, 2015, 10:58:56 am »

Can we just, you know, not?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92651 on: May 01, 2015, 11:09:03 am »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92652 on: May 01, 2015, 11:13:50 am »

I got a deeply in-depth and constructively critical but positive overall reply from a job application.

Then I woke up.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92653 on: May 01, 2015, 11:49:00 am »

Day one of the two-on five-off diet. My stomach is empty and I'm stuck drinking water until dinner.
The what diet?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92654 on: May 01, 2015, 12:29:49 pm »

Tomorrow is the final of the informatics olympiad, and I haven't done shit for it :/
I feel bad about that.
But also, it takes all day and uuugh :c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6175 6176 [6177] 6178 6179 ... 8168