Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6174 6175 [6176] 6177 6178 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495393 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92625 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:04 pm »

An acquaintance of mine is pregnant. I don't really know her that well, but she's not even out of high school. It's going to be a rough time for all involved.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92626 on: April 30, 2015, 10:59:51 pm »

@Orange Wizard

Especially since the western LGBT communities have decided to take the whole gender identity thing and put it under huge made up umbrella terms and several gay personalities that have absolutely nothing to do with trans people or gender idenity issues have been trying to position themselves as "spokespersons" for trans issues to gather attention and etc.

Not that the eastern side of the world is any better on this. On most asian countries trans people are either treated as social abominations or as fetish fuel. Even thailand isn't that great in that aspect.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92627 on: April 30, 2015, 11:07:05 pm »

My point is that it affects an overwhelming small proportion of the population. Most people care about what affects them, not a tiny minority.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92628 on: April 30, 2015, 11:10:48 pm »

Well, yeah, but you're restating the cause of sadness. Which is fine, of course, but it seems strange in the context of trying to be consoling if prefaced with a "to be fair" sort of thing? I dunno. I'm just a bit confused here.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #92629 on: April 30, 2015, 11:17:13 pm »

O I'm not mad at this person. I don't think he meant anything by it, or anything bad. Please let me specify, I am not mad at that person necessarily.

That said, I was already not having a good day, and that wasn't the straw breaking the camel's back, but it was another straw. Specifically, the general stuff out there that's negative about transgender stuff. Gender identity isn't new, and it's been recognized for over 50 years, and far longer culturally in lots of areas. That doesn't matter and I don't want to get into that though. What made me sad is all the recent misinformation and negative images associated with it and that even fairly decent people can think about them and simply not know.

I'm surprised cracked.com did an article about it.

That said, please don't make this into a huge thing that gets people upset or whatever. This thread has always been about posting things that saddened you, and I'm not ever trying to make people uncomfortable or anything, but yeah, I am what I am and I'm through apologizing for that here. Right now, what I am is sad that a fairly decent man asked that question, because of the society I live in.

I am unsure how in the hell I will end up as anything in life in terms of job, family, friends, relationship, being with a man, etc, and this is a not so lovely reminder that this is gonna be a major thing, even and especially if I don't want it to be.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92630 on: April 30, 2015, 11:29:08 pm »

..... This again......
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92631 on: April 30, 2015, 11:34:36 pm »

To be fair, gender identity nonsense is a pretty new thing. It's unreasonable to expect everyone to (a) know anything about it, or (b) not think that everyone involved is absolutely barking.

Seconded
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92632 on: April 30, 2015, 11:46:37 pm »

This.
WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS TO MY HEART
I DON'T EVEN LIKE TENNANT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92633 on: April 30, 2015, 11:52:44 pm »

*looks up the origin of the current transgender discussion*

... Was it phrased just like that?  I can't imagine a conversational context in which that question would even make sense, even in ignorance of transgender issues.   :-\
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92634 on: May 01, 2015, 12:15:46 am »

* Descan vibrates quietly on a distant hill, glowering menacingly at certain people.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92635 on: May 01, 2015, 01:06:52 am »

Could you please kindly shut the fuck up about being inconvenienced by people who get oppressed for who they are and complain about them having "gender nonsense"?

Thanks.

ANd BOhandas, take your edgy bullshit elsewhere. You aren't the best thing since sliced bread. The shit you say is just the same thing said by neckbeards over and over. Just, fuck off.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:08:42 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92636 on: May 01, 2015, 01:07:41 am »

It's too bad that the US didn't go with the slogan on the Benjamin Franklin's Fugio cent. We could have been a whole lot better off as a people if our national motto was "Mind Your (Own) Business," like Big Ben wanted.

@Cinder: Telling people to "kindly shut the fuck up" isn't exactly going to endear you to anyone. Education is the best medicine for social ills, and all that. Vitriol does nothing but exacerbate any situation.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92637 on: May 01, 2015, 01:52:51 am »

Could you please kindly shut the fuck up about being inconvenienced by people who get oppressed for who they are and complain about them having "gender nonsense"?

Thanks.

ANd BOhandas, take your edgy bullshit elsewhere. You aren't the best thing since sliced bread. The shit you say is just the same thing said by neckbeards over and over. Just, fuck off.

It is nonsense. But There's very little in the world that isn't. And I don't have a problem with people pursuing it so long as they don't put on airs and insist it's not nonsense. transgender is nonsense. traditional gender roles  are equally arrant nonsense too. gender itself is nonsense, whether cis-, trans-, traditional, nontraditional, or anything else. Most (or more likely ALL) things that people (including me) care about or believe in are nonsense. Our countries' flags and symbols are nonsense. My parents' religion is nonsense, but the non-mainstream religion I joined in college is even sillier nonsense; the date they keep quoting for the end of the world is twenty years in the past! The tv shows, movies, and videogames I amuse myself with during my free time are nonsense, and the kafkaesque application forms I fill out during the time I set aside to look for a better job are nonsense too. Sports are nonsense, no more than a bunch of absurd abstract pretend conflicts; at least the absurd pretend conflicts in my videogames have plots. Communism and Capitalism are BOTH both nonsense and bullshit. The conflicts in the middle east are motivated by nonsense at best (the sectarian religious conflicts and mutually outdated historical claims to territories) and/or outright psychosis (such as the American intervention in 2003 motivated by delusions about nonexistent WMDs) at worst. Nonsense. Nonsense. EVERYTHING is nonsense!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:57:45 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92638 on: May 01, 2015, 02:08:51 am »

I don't say nonsense to mean "nonsensical", though. I meant it as a catch-all term to cover the whole range of topics.
I will, however, shut up.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92639 on: May 01, 2015, 02:15:27 am »

Thanks.

Why should they shut the fuck up? Have you perhaps considered doing so yourself?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6174 6175 [6176] 6177 6178 ... 8168