Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6172 6173 [6174] 6175 6176 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9495936 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92595 on: April 29, 2015, 04:53:16 pm »

The Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement still isn't dead. That's depressing.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92596 on: April 29, 2015, 05:11:26 pm »

After unpleasent incident, tried cuddling in bed with dogs.

Dogs didn't wanna be in same room as me..

They had one job.

One.

* Kevak is sorta really really upset about this.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92597 on: April 29, 2015, 05:17:43 pm »

Hi,

So I'm using the free wifi at a Burger King. I don't mind it being a little slow, and the survey to log on wasn't too bad, because it was very general (male/female, own a cat? etc).

The weird thing is the banner ads that now seem to be coming up on my phone on all sites, even 12 bay... I'm just hoping I didn't accidently install some kind of app through at&t (burger king's wi fi provider?) that will make that stuff permanent after I leave this place. I wouldn't have bothered using their wifi if it installed a permanent app that would put banner ads on everything forever. I can deal with it while I sip a soda if I have to, but past that would be too much.

Is there any way I can check to see what if anything may have been downloaded on my phone? I don't see it under "apps" but it is possible my android downloaded something. Is there any place I can look to see where/what that may be on my phone?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:20:28 pm by Robot Parade Leader »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92598 on: April 29, 2015, 06:06:30 pm »

It's just Google DoubleClick or AdExchange, as far as I know. There shouldn't be anything installed, it basically means that your browser is run through a filter, iirc.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #92599 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33:05 pm »

fff

So my situation right now is annoyingly ironic. I've booked a time at the doctor to talk about social anxiety, but my immediate family (with whom i share house and general existence) don't know about that yet. I want to tell them about it, but the very same anxiety that i'm going to the doctor for is getting in the way of me telling people about it. I'd laugh about that if it wasn't obvious proof that i should have gotten help for this a long time ago. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92600 on: April 29, 2015, 06:37:01 pm »

Finally beat the time limio at that fucking PREQUEL flash, and the prize period is out.
Whyyyyyyyy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #92601 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:51 pm »

my best friend is having relationship problems and I have no idea if it's straight clinical anxiety and/or depression or if he's just being a pussy

like seriously this nigga is dead set to be fucking negative about everything and it's goddamn infuriating

I can't fucking tell him anything because he doesn't fucking try to change uggggggggh

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92602 on: April 29, 2015, 11:07:35 pm »

I, eeh, suspect am about to burst out of sheer stress... problem is I tend to realize these things only when I'm already dangerously stressed the fuck out.

Not that it has any simple fix, anyway...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92603 on: April 29, 2015, 11:17:31 pm »

Oh ha, my insomnia is back.  Lovely.  Every single time I get heavily stressed this happens.  Either I stay up in order to get things done, or I go to bed really early in order to try to get a decent amount of sleep, which is only a temporary solution that makes things worse in the long run.  I am just ready to be done with the school year now.  Just one more week till all my online classes and AP tests are done.  Then things will hopefully drop down to a slow enough pace that I can actually do fun and useful things.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92604 on: April 29, 2015, 11:33:25 pm »

People keep telling me I'm smart. But I'm not. I can genuinely say I am probably the stupidest person I know. That I'm humble, when I really am not.
That's humility right there. Possibly bordering on "too harsh on yourself".

Ah, who am I kidding. You're being waaaaaaaaay too hard on yourself. You wouldn't be given any extracurricular nonsense if you weren't doing well. That, and as far as I've seen you're pretty darn smart.
Or, maybe your parents are paying the school to fuck with you, but that doesn't seem tremendously likely.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92605 on: April 30, 2015, 12:34:04 am »

Great advice for some people is terrible advice for others.
I'm currently trying really hard to curb this subconcious feeling that despite being jobless and uneducated, I'm still smarter and have more potential than all of my friends.
I don't know how it got in there but it is a bitch to weed out.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92606 on: April 30, 2015, 01:31:27 am »

Woo. 2am and I get to dig a several foot hole in the dark. Yay.
If I get this done before the sky lightens I'm going to put off mowing the lawn for tomorrow.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #92607 on: April 30, 2015, 02:57:26 am »

Do I want to know why exactly you're digging a hole deep enough to be a grave in the middle of the night?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92608 on: April 30, 2015, 02:58:01 am »

I'm currently trying really hard to curb this subconcious feeling that despite being jobless and uneducated, I'm still smarter and have more potential than all of my friends.
I don't know how it got in there but it is a bitch to weed out.
Habit formation maybe? Keep on thinking something, again and again, would technically equal reinforcing the idea, unless you check the other-side (wherein you'd maybe note that this is also what they think!) :D (that is, if you're comparing solely for comparison)
inb4 theories of acknowledgement and comparison occur.
>.> But yeah--probably its in the appraisal of things, or attachments. As in, jobless and uneducated = 'less smart' or 'less potential'.
Which isn't true in many cases due to the ton of other factors present. :-\
*hugs to Tack and co*

Context is the essence of advice, silly. :P Good advice for others may be unapplicable for other people, because of the context which constructs the situation and interaction.

However I really believe Naxza has a general point for us all there. (Though I've to really argue on how that point on 'Human nature' is stated rather than 'Attitude construction' :I but I got the point. Truly a nice point. :P)

You aren't stupid. Stupid is generally defined by lacking intelligence or common sense. Yet how many times has 'stupid' been used as a derogative idea (a very crude idea) instead of a constructive pejorative? That is as much being presented to Caroline, than anything 'lacking intelligence or common sense'. To what standards are these even based upon? Its generally noted by her, that even the adults who are in a role of responsibility constantly use emotionally charged slurs (THIS IS SHIT) rather than logically and at times, maturely approach their problems. Which should actually be the case.
But is anyone inherently stupid? No.
And that's all to answer that question.

Yet we can't judge thoroughly. We aren't present there, and lack the context and situational awareness, as an initial note. But that doesn't mean we can't advise to instill (additional) guidance. Problems (environmental or external) sometimes cause an...imbalance in how one rates themselves. Descriptors and adjectives becoming labels and judicial stickers to people, instead of descriptors of their actions, especially if the manner of delivery is meant more for the impact of an idea than understanding of the situation. I mean, there's information all around depending on if you know where to look, but sometimes the understanding of such information is where discrepancies come about. Understanding equalling how interaction goes, to the present situation--something which I believe is poking at Caroline, is how they're coping with something not being mentioned (and of course the contributors to that). Probably burnout being the underlying cause of all that 'WORK HARDER'? (Link leads to a cached file as the link in a searchlist leads to a download)
Because in times where burnout occurs, there's a lot of...complexity given in thoughts.  'THESE LABELS EQUAL MY COMPETENCE' and all, there are many ways to see a situation and then respond to it. But everyone is involved in Caroline's situation--parents or otherwise, and all of these influence her. Also a link to authoritarian methods (which seem very similar to what she's describing) [Last chapter requires more context :v]

I mean, they aren't bad people! Being misguided? Maybe--but very much more than 'intentionally being bad'. (because that's what 'bad people' implies...)

There's a global method of responding--its just in how we word things. :-\

Also my wording is messy.
That's my sad >>> The will to help people is countered by inefficiency of delivery.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:20:35 am by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92609 on: April 30, 2015, 05:18:47 am »

Finally beat the time limio at that fucking PREQUEL flash, and the prize period is out.
Whyyyyyyyy.
I'm pretty sure I ate all the fireballs in that flash.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6172 6173 [6174] 6175 6176 ... 8168