Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6167 6168 [6169] 6170 6171 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496413 times)

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92520 on: April 28, 2015, 06:59:27 am »

I dropped my iPod and the cracks got even bigger. I'm more mad at myself than sad.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92521 on: April 28, 2015, 07:59:47 am »

So those alleged heroin smugglers are set to be executed tonight in Indonesia, apparently.
I think having a death penalty for drug offences is ridiculous, especially considering how lightly murderers get off. Then again, I've never been in an Indonesian prison... perhaps the firing squad is a preferable option. At least they don't get killed by lethal injection!

Another sad thing about this is how big a deal the media here is making about it simply because some of the accused are Australian. Obviously I agree that executing them is wrong, but why do I never hear/read how upset people are about all the other drug offenders Indonesia executes? Maybe I just don't follow the right news sources.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92522 on: April 28, 2015, 08:10:07 am »

Didn't one of them get married recently?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92523 on: April 28, 2015, 08:32:23 am »

Apparently. His bride is either depressingly optimistic or simply hungry for attention. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92524 on: April 28, 2015, 08:37:44 am »

More rage over suspected police brutality led to a riot, this time in Baltimore. I've been out of the loop on this one but apparently this started happening on Saturday and has continued fairly continuously since then. It seems to have rapidly devolved into nothing but chaos after the first night, but that's what Fox News is saying (the only TV news station that comes in clearly here) between talking about how the Crips, Bloods, and Nation of Islam are declaring war on the police and how Urist McMayor(D) is being cowardly so I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

The really bizarre thing about this is that there's been no coverup or stonewalling - the police union openly admitted the possibility that Gray's death was due to misconduct within a couple days of the incident, the officers involved are suspended pending investigation, and the mayor is openly citing past abuses as rationale for taking a very close look at police behavior in this case.

@Yoink
Any time a citizen of one country is facing legal action in another, the media in that citizen's country is going to make an issue of it. When the legal action involves punishments not used in that country, appears to not be fair, and/or is seen as disproportionate retribution that is going to be vastly magnified. Part of it is tribalism, and part of it is non-interference - you can run your affairs as you want, but if that interferes with me and mine I'm going to take a very hard look at it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92525 on: April 28, 2015, 08:52:33 am »

Apparently. His bride is either depressingly optimistic or simply hungry for attention. :P
I thought it was a 'Don't kill me I have a family suddenly' plea.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92526 on: April 28, 2015, 09:03:12 am »

Eh, drug trafficking is actualy a pretty terrible crime that directly and indirectly destroy lives and families everyday? I dont mind that Indonesia makes full use of its sovereignity to punish drug trafficking harshly, at all.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92527 on: April 28, 2015, 09:35:39 am »

I dropped my iPod and the cracks got even bigger. I'm more mad at myself than sad.
Well, shit.
*hugs*
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92528 on: April 28, 2015, 09:42:04 am »

I love how Blitz simply picks my problems from everyone else's, when theirs are way more serious. uvu'
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92529 on: April 28, 2015, 09:46:44 am »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:52:00 pm by penguinofhonor »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92530 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:23 am »

I love how Blitz simply picks my problems from everyone else's, when theirs are way more serious. uvu'
Well, I can't exactly get involved in a discussion about drug trafficking, can I?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92531 on: April 28, 2015, 09:51:24 am »

Well, I can't exactly get involved in a discussion about drug trafficking, can I?
Touché.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92532 on: April 28, 2015, 09:57:59 am »

I just feel really bad coming on in here with my "white people" problems—er, sorry, that sounds really rude—I just... uvu'

yeah.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:00:38 am by technicallyAdventurer »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92533 on: April 28, 2015, 10:06:35 am »

I know the feeling. My problems seem a little insignificant (not the right word, can't find the right word so this will have to do) sometimes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92534 on: April 28, 2015, 10:21:06 am »

The really bizarre thing about this is that there's been no coverup or stonewalling - the police union openly admitted the possibility that Gray's death was due to misconduct within a couple days of the incident, the officers involved are suspended pending investigation, and the mayor is openly citing past abuses as rationale for taking a very close look at police behavior in this case.

There was an initial cover up. The police report says he was "arrested without force or incident". This does seem like a less determined effort than past cases, thankfully.
By "cover up", I mean organized efforts by the police department, police union, and/or local government to hide the incident, not a cover-your-ass statement by the people involved in the arrest. When a man's body barely has time to get cold before everyone starts going after the people that caused him to die, that's not a cover up.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 6167 6168 [6169] 6170 6171 ... 8168