Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6162 6163 [6164] 6165 6166 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466896 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92445 on: April 26, 2015, 04:56:14 pm »

Being forgotten is harder.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #92446 on: April 26, 2015, 04:58:44 pm »

Being forgotten is harder.
*hugs*

:(

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92447 on: April 26, 2015, 04:59:21 pm »

*hugs back*

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92448 on: April 26, 2015, 05:26:33 pm »

Recently found out I'm likely to be made redundant in a few months. It's stressing me out figuring out what to do next. Some advise education, but I don't know what. Job market isn't great around here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:15:38 pm by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92449 on: April 26, 2015, 05:40:05 pm »

Well I told her that if she has absolutely no desire to go to prom that I would like to go with another girl who is my friend and her friends so I'm not alone. My girlfriend got extremely angry and said she thought it was wrong and made it obvious she didn't want me too but still doesn't want to go with me because she only wants to go to senior prom and she doesn't even have a dress (she has the one she just wore two nights ago at the military ball, the one from last year's ball and any of my sister's that she wants because they are basically the same size) 
She's very upset with me for even asking and reasoning why I want to go with SOMEONE
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92450 on: April 26, 2015, 05:46:02 pm »

As Vec said, it's probably her taking issue with the idea that you want to go with someone other than her.
I'm not sure why she doesn't want to go, but it might be worth trying to find that out rather than insisting you're going to go with someone else.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92451 on: April 26, 2015, 05:55:14 pm »

I keep asking if she wants to go and she gives a different reason every time all of which (besides only wanting to go to senior prom) are things I can resolve such as paying class dues. I keep telling her and asking about going and me wanting to go with her and only asked about going with a friend (crush a year ago but just a friend now) and her friends. So ya...
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92452 on: April 26, 2015, 06:15:03 pm »

I relate to the dog.

This reminds me of my old dog who died earlier this year while I was away at college and noooow I'm sad. I miss him. Won't have him rubbing his head against my legs to get me to pet him ever again. :|
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #92453 on: April 26, 2015, 06:24:50 pm »

I want to go to this local game store and see about finding a DnD group but my social anxiety is acting up and as a result I'm reluctant to even leave the house. I'd be totally awkward at the game store and it'd be embarrassing and even though I want to go I don't want to go and aaaaaaa.

Maybe I'll just go tomorrow. Or the day after tomorrow. Maybe.
If you don't feel up to leaving the house, you can just call the store and ask if there are any groups meeting there or posting there looking for members. It's how I joined my current irl group.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92454 on: April 26, 2015, 06:31:39 pm »

I want to go to this local game store and see about finding a DnD group but my social anxiety is acting up and as a result I'm reluctant to even leave the house. I'd be totally awkward at the game store and it'd be embarrassing and even though I want to go I don't want to go and aaaaaaa.

Maybe I'll just go tomorrow. Or the day after tomorrow. Maybe.
If you don't feel up to leaving the house, you can just call the store and ask if there are any groups meeting there or posting there looking for members. It's how I joined my current irl group.
Their website provides a schedule of things going on at their store. Sat+Sun are described as "General Game Groups" so I guess that means they have people playing whatever in the store. Thursdays are "DnD Adventuring Leagues", Mondays and Tuesdays are MtG tourneys, Wednesdays are release parties for comics or something, etc. So I'm sure I could find a group to pub with in the store either on the weekend or maybe on Thursdays. I figured I'd ask an employee if they had a sign up list or "looking for group" thing when I went over there.

Now I just need to go over there. But there'll be people over there. So...bleh.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92455 on: April 26, 2015, 06:38:45 pm »

You want to game, but you don't want to be near people?  That won't really work to well Spehss_, just go, it won't hurt, and it might even be fun.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #92456 on: April 26, 2015, 06:44:49 pm »

You want to game, but you don't want to be near people? 

That's quite easy to do, you know. I do precisely that most Thursday nights.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92457 on: April 26, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »

Sorry, twenty year veteran, 'net sessions are NOT the kind of gaming you get from an actual physical group.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92458 on: April 26, 2015, 06:52:25 pm »

Sorry, twenty year veteran, 'net sessions are NOT the kind of gaming you get from an actual physical group.
Okay. And?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92459 on: April 26, 2015, 06:57:33 pm »

You want to game, but you don't want to be near people?  That won't really work to well Spehss_, just go, it won't hurt, and it might even be fun.
It's not so much I don't want to be near people as it is I'm just really uncomfortable meeting new people and being around people I don't know. So it's hard for me to meet people but once I'm friends with someone I'm not awkward or uncomfortable at all. A plus to tabletop games is that I could (hopefully) make some friends and get better at the whole people interaction dealio, as well as the whole game part of it.

Anyway, it's getting late at this point and I'm tired so I'm probably gonna hold off on going until later this week.

I'm not too big on over-the-net tabletop gaming anyway. Definitely going to try in person sessions before online stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 6162 6163 [6164] 6165 6166 ... 8167