Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6158 6159 [6160] 6161 6162 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465739 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92385 on: April 25, 2015, 09:50:16 pm »

So my girl friend has no desire to go to prom this year (junior prom) but I don't want to miss out on the experience. I'm a bit afraid of asking her if I can go with a mother single person so they won't have to go alone and I won't be alone because the person I had in mind is someone she knows I used to have a crush on and she seems to get really jealous really easily. My mom told me (she didn't know about who I was planning on asking to accompany) that if it's so important to her that I not go with someone else then she should go with me and not be mad if I go with someone else because she doesn't want to go. ((We have offered... Scratch that it's not a choice in her case we will pay for every expense if she wants to go, she already has a dress from last year's military ball and this year's too)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92386 on: April 25, 2015, 09:55:46 pm »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 09:44:18 pm by penguinofhonor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92387 on: April 25, 2015, 10:15:02 pm »

So my girl friend has no desire to go to prom this year (junior prom) but I don't want to miss out on the experience. I'm a bit afraid of asking her if I can go with a mother single person
Looks like Freud is slipping out again.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92388 on: April 25, 2015, 10:19:26 pm »

Just remember, it's junior prom. That's the less important one.
And if it's anything like New Zealand, no-one really gives a damn about the senior one either.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92389 on: April 25, 2015, 11:58:28 pm »

Burnt my tongue with my incredibly hot food. All I can taste now is pain. Arch!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #92390 on: April 26, 2015, 12:08:04 am »

Yeah my friends and I all skipped senior prom (didn't go to junior prom either for that matter) cause of the cost and BS, and instead we all held a bonfire. One of the funnest nights of my life too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:10:04 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92391 on: April 26, 2015, 12:09:36 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:52:59 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92392 on: April 26, 2015, 12:12:28 am »

I am having an extremely shitty day, which became shitty because what I thought was a friendly day trip with my former housemate turned out to be a date with him, a 63-year-old man.
Thaaaaaat's creepy. You're sure the guy intended it as a date and not some kind of "make you feel better" thing?
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92393 on: April 26, 2015, 12:17:19 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:52:47 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92394 on: April 26, 2015, 12:23:10 am »

I am having an extremely shitty day, which became shitty because what I thought was a friendly day trip with my former housemate turned out to be a date with him, a 63-year-old man.
Thaaaaaat's creepy. You're sure the guy intended it as a date and not some kind of "make you feel better" thing?
Oh yes. In the car, he said: "I like you. But it sounds like it would be like with your math professors," (i.e. octogenarians with wives and children hitting on their students). I said: "There's a line for guys in your age demographic who want to date me" (First in line: my father. Second in line: one of my math professors. I won't continue. Anyway, there's a line).
...Wow, you have had to put up with some shit. I mean, I feel bad saying it so crassly, but that's the way it is.

At least the old guy approached the topic carefully, the way you described it. I can think of worse ways.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92395 on: April 26, 2015, 12:27:22 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:52:35 pm by Vector »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92396 on: April 26, 2015, 12:31:00 am »

my father
what in the

* Orange Wizard nopes the hell out.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92397 on: April 26, 2015, 12:32:43 am »

But UGH. GROSSNESS. I've heard him banging his girlfriend (who is also in her sixties) in the other room before and just, yeah, ugh. Really gross. I honestly feel dirty.
...Ew.

...My parents are in their sixties. This disturbs me on multiple fundamental levels.

...I thought by that age people would be asexual and cursing at kids to get off their lawn.

my father
what in the
My reaction exactly.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #92398 on: April 26, 2015, 12:38:46 am »

Yikes. Especially the father bit. I don't know what else to say.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92399 on: April 26, 2015, 12:42:09 am »

Pages: 1 ... 6158 6159 [6160] 6161 6162 ... 8167