Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6147 6148 [6149] 6150 6151 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466912 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92220 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:13 am »

Well, fine. Not everyone, because we are very good and compassionate, and there's nothing we could do anyway. 0:)

The thing is, if Shook's to blame for it then so am I, because the UN should be doing something about it. And South Africa's in the UN. And I can definitely control what the UN does! Because you know, I'm South African and SA is in the UN. The same goes for the EU.

I understand it's emotionally charged, but there is actually not much most people can do. If I went around and started telling people about this, I can tell you that almost all of them would look at me and ask me why that's their problem. I've tried similar things before, and got that reaction. Or they'd agree with the people letting them die.
One thing that every EU-citizen can do is to avoid voting right-wing populist parties. You couldn't do that because: 1) You're not European. 2) You're not old enough to vote. :P

Well, fine. Not everyone, because we are very good and compassionate, and there's nothing we could do anyway. 0:)
Okay then, what do you want me to do? I'm quite curious, because giving prayers doesn't count.
I'm not telling you to do anything, and I already regret posting anything that could be interpreted as guilt-mongering. Sorry. :-[
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:03:45 pm by SirQuiamus »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92221 on: April 22, 2015, 12:26:14 pm »

breakup
Sucks, Soli. Wasn't that one pretty recent too?

Under 24 hours recent. Unless you meant how long ago it started, in which case roughly 2 years? Wasn't a non-serious thing, or something I hadn't been planning my future around. To be dropped like that, without explanation... hell. Hurts bad. But if their flakiness and emotional dishonesty were that significant, and that is the way they treat those they love, it's probably a move for the best.

In my heart I know they're missing out. And I can imagine things getting better before long. Still sucks to feel loved, secure, and content one day, and to have that be revealed for another mask. Considering our history, it's a bit of irony for the road, I guess.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #92222 on: April 22, 2015, 12:34:03 pm »

I'm not telling you to do anything, and I already regret posting anything that could be interpreted as guilt-mongering. Sorry. :-[
It's okay mate, i know i was a needlessly confrontative about it in retrospect. This temper of mine keeps making me do dumb things, and for what it's worth, i didn't vote right-wing. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92223 on: April 22, 2015, 12:38:26 pm »

Still sucks to feel loved, secure, and content one day, and to have that be revealed for another mask.
I completely understand this feeling. I'm sorry, Soli. That sucks.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92224 on: April 22, 2015, 12:55:00 pm »

It's okay mate, i know i was a needlessly confrontative about it in retrospect. This temper of mine keeps making me do dumb things, and for what it's worth, i didn't vote right-wing. :I
I know you didn't, man. We cool. I just tend to forget that I'm writing on the internet, where every innocuous line of text can suddenly grow fangs. :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92225 on: April 22, 2015, 12:56:07 pm »

It was probably for the best Solifuge, maintaining relationships with people that can just turn their back to you one day is not a safe or healthy thing. Better for it to happen now then to happen when there is more commitment and responsibilities tied to the relationship, like marriage and etc.

Also, I continue my trend of posting in the sad thread about things that dont actualy make me sad, but just annoy me. Like how my touchpad on my work laptop is refusing to turn off when I plug the mouse in, which interferes with my typing since sometimes my hand slips and touches it, causing the cursor to go somewhere else and messing up my text format.
I guess this means that I'm never actualy sad, just generally annoying at one thing or another :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92226 on: April 22, 2015, 01:02:05 pm »

Thanks... I appreciate it, both of you. Also, I'd totally not snub any available internet hugs. I understand y'all are good at those.

Sidenote; is there a secret telepathic brainwave that goes out and tells your previous Exes to contact you out of the blue right after a new break up, to tell you how happy they are, etc.? Because that timing was almost too precise for coincidence. :(

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92227 on: April 22, 2015, 01:04:10 pm »

Under 24 hours recent. Unless you meant how long ago it started, in which case roughly 2 years? Wasn't a non-serious thing, or something I hadn't been planning my future around. To be dropped like that, without explanation... hell. Hurts bad. But if their flakiness and emotional dishonesty were that significant, and that is the way they treat those they love, it's probably a move for the best.

In my heart I know they're missing out. And I can imagine things getting better before long. Still sucks to feel loved, secure, and content one day, and to have that be revealed for another mask. Considering our history, it's a bit of irony for the road, I guess.
Yeah, that shit does hurt. *internet hugs given*

I have no idea about the brainwave thing though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92228 on: April 22, 2015, 01:05:00 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:30:51 am by penguinofhonor »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92229 on: April 22, 2015, 01:10:20 pm »

Its not homicide per se, but it can be another crime, depending on where you like, like omission of help or something. There are crimes you can commit through an omissive conduct, which is when the law demands that you do something thats reasonably expected of you, but you dont. Even so, it does still make you into a jerk :v
Italy is kiiiiind of a special case though, since it has been the target of much illegal immigration for ages. I can understand that Italians are not very fond of possible illegal immigration.

Thanks... I appreciate it, both of you. Also, I'd totally not snub any available internet hugs. I understand y'all are good at those.

Sidenote; is there a secret telepathic brainwave that goes out and tells your previous Exes to contact you out of the blue right after a new break up, to tell you how happy they are, etc.? Because that timing was almost too precise for coincidence. :(

Maybe they've been following your facebook status :o also there's always the chance they might have been in contact with your girlfriend without you knowing, but thats me being the devil's advocate, and I cant say anything about people I dont actualy know. Really though, I would just worry about your own hapiness for now, you'll get over it and then be ready for a new relationship later.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:13:05 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #92230 on: April 22, 2015, 01:12:51 pm »

I misread the due date on a paper. Instead of 11PM tonight, it was due 11AM this morning.

Also, haven't been able to keep up with threads lately.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #92231 on: April 22, 2015, 01:24:08 pm »

http://www.discovery.com/dscovrd/wildlife/it-may-be-too-late-for-isle-royale-wolves/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=DiscoveryChannel

"A new study from Michigan Tech reveals that it is likely too late to resuscitate the dwindling wolf population on Isle Royale, the site of the world's longest-running ecological study of the predator-prey relationship between wolves and moose "

On another not anxiety disorder and ptsd should be viewed as the new colon cleans and my volunteering  with the historical society starts tomorrow bad timing and people are relying on me in a lot of different ways for this......
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #92232 on: April 22, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »

*INTERNET HUGS*

no snubbin'
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92233 on: April 22, 2015, 01:42:06 pm »

*AWKWARD SHOULDER PAT*

Usually if an ex contacts me directly after a breakup it means they've got some unresolved things on their mind.
Unless there was literally no way that ex could've found out about your breakup.
In which case creepy.

Still sucks to feel loved, secure, and content one day, and to have that be revealed for another mask.
Gonna be unashamedly flippant here, as usual.
This is a far better way to find it out instead of 'another mask'.

There's always the possibility that they had such a massive emotional crisis about it that they resolved they couldn't do it in person and so therefore decided to do it in this hideously rude fashion?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92234 on: April 22, 2015, 02:04:03 pm »

Fun fact: I've never been broken up with to my face. Twice by text and twice by email. Sure it sucks in the moment, but I don't think I would have had as much bitterness and resentment if they had done it in person.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6147 6148 [6149] 6150 6151 ... 8167