Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6146 6147 [6148] 6149 6150 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466970 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92205 on: April 22, 2015, 10:19:25 am »

The two best AAR's I have ever read in my life are no longer on the internet apparently.
The GalCiv2 ones by Tom Francis. They are gone now. I can no longer read about moving a superweapon a billion light years in a single turn with a law.
I feel that the world has just lost something amazing and I don't know what the hell to do about it.
Tom said they're going up on pc gamer. So don't feel sad.

Please please link these somebody, if you find them.  They are relevant to my interests.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92206 on: April 22, 2015, 11:04:05 am »

Apparently it is becoming a trend amongst some of the more anti-immigration minded people in the EU to start using photographs of drowning and drowned immigrants in the Mediterrenean Sea as screensavers.

very.. very.. sad.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92207 on: April 22, 2015, 11:09:25 am »

Apparently it is becoming a trend amongst some of the more anti-immigration minded people in the EU to start using photographs of drowning and drowned immigrants in the Mediterrenean Sea as screensavers.

very.. very.. sad.

That is fucked up.   :o
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92208 on: April 22, 2015, 11:16:13 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:30:41 am by penguinofhonor »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92209 on: April 22, 2015, 11:23:26 am »

Meanwhile the EU defames Australia for our treatment of asylum seekers.
Nice one.

(Moderate Poeishness... We're pretty terrible)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92210 on: April 22, 2015, 11:29:50 am »

There are a significant amount of people who would rather let immigrants drown before they get to Europe than rescue them and risk them staying in whatever European country picks them up. They knew the risks when they got on the boat, they say. And of course it doesn't count as killing because you can't kill through inaction.
Watching someone drown when you could help them is pretty close to killing, though. Considering how little the EU countries are doing to stop further tragedies, I'd say that every EU-citizen is at least indirectly involved in that crime.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #92211 on: April 22, 2015, 11:33:34 am »

* Dutchling wonders what he has to do with Mediterranean shenanigans

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #92212 on: April 22, 2015, 11:41:13 am »

I'd say that every EU-citizen is at least indirectly involved in that crime.
Hey, it's not like most of us can even do anything. I don't want to be making similarly inflammatory insinuations, so how about we don't do that at all?
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92213 on: April 22, 2015, 11:46:22 am »

Well, fine. Not everyone, because we are very good and compassionate, and there's nothing we could do anyway. 0:)

...that may be actually true about the members of this forum, but that's what the anti-immigration people are saying as well.   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:50:03 am by SirQuiamus »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92214 on: April 22, 2015, 11:47:09 am »

That feeling when the floor drops out from under your gut, and there's a big emptiness there you thought was ground. It's a bad feel.

This sounds bad :(

It's okay. Just never been on the receiving end of a breakup, and this one came with no reason or warning. Just a two line email. I'll be fine, just shocked, sad, and angry. Oof.

The two best AAR's I have ever read in my life are no longer on the internet apparently.

Ever tried The Internet Wayback Machine? It's saved a lot of old internet haunts from total extinction. Can be neat just to brows internet history too... some day it'll be a research tool for anthropologists of the early digital age.

-snip-

Geez that's sick. The US has something like that with our land border with Mexico, and our sea border with Cuba. Dehumanizing people for being Other. I wish Immigration was quick and simple... it's deeply wrong and makes no sense to cost people their lives just for wanting a different life for themselves, or wanting to be subject of a different government or leader.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92215 on: April 22, 2015, 11:48:08 am »

Hmm.
I didn't know teenagers were supposed to be able to affect shit like that.
Any pointers on getting started?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92216 on: April 22, 2015, 11:48:46 am »

Watching someone drown when you could help them is pretty close to killing, though.
Spoiler: Tell that to this guy (click to show/hide)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92217 on: April 22, 2015, 11:52:54 am »

Well, fine. Not everyone, because we are very good and compassionate, and there's nothing we could do anyway. 0:)

The thing is, if Shook's to blame for it then so am I, because the UN should be doing something about it. And South Africa's in the UN. And I can definitely control what the UN does! Because you know, I'm South African and SA is in the UN. The same goes for the EU.

I understand it's emotionally charged, but there is actually not much most people can do. If I went around and started telling people about this, I can tell you that almost all of them would look at me and ask me why that's their problem. I've tried similar things before, and got that reaction. Or they'd agree with the people letting them die.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92218 on: April 22, 2015, 11:55:05 am »

breakup
Sucks, Soli. Wasn't that one pretty recent too?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #92219 on: April 22, 2015, 11:56:54 am »

Okay then, what do you want me to do? I'm quite curious, because giving prayers doesn't count.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER
Pages: 1 ... 6146 6147 [6148] 6149 6150 ... 8167