Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6145 6146 [6147] 6148 6149 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9466855 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92190 on: April 21, 2015, 06:03:03 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:55:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #92191 on: April 21, 2015, 06:26:13 pm »

I always join things trying to contribute, but in the end I just stall everyone and mess everything up for everyone else. Dammit.
I should probably just stop bothering.

No :<

There is a good group with good dynamics for you.
IS CALLED BAY12, AND HERE WE ALWAYS WELCOME CAROLINE CONTRIBUTION!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92192 on: April 21, 2015, 08:19:50 pm »

My old MP3 player went through the wash and now it won't turn on D:
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92193 on: April 21, 2015, 08:29:18 pm »

Autodesk SketchBook keeps cropping off large portionsof any drawing I make with it. It's starting to piss me off.

Can anyone recommend a good free (really free. Not something woth a trial version) drawing program for my android phone to replace it?

Artflow Studio is really good.  I think it's totally free.  I might have paid something for it.  I don't remember.

I often think about how much different my life would probably be, had I had the support of a stable parent or a safe household while growing up or starting out on my own, instead of fleeing sick and destitute into adulthood. But all we can do is work with what we have, and every day do whatever we can to get closer to the life we want for ourselves.

My story isn't nearly as harsh as yours, and I'm sorry to hear about all of it :(

My parents are actually awesome.  I've only ever had two major conflicts with them.  My sister, and the amount of time I spent on the computer on my teen years.  But the conflict over my sister has been pretty damn huge for a very long time.

My problem was I had to support a family when they kicked me out.  My kid was two years old, and we'd continued living with my parents.  They have a big house, and asked us not to leave when we had our first kid because they knew it would ruin us.  But my sister did things that made it impossible to raise a kid around her, like refusing to take of her dogs in any fashion so that our kid was always crawling through urine or attempting to eat feces.  Tensions grew as we begged her to be considerate and she steadfastly refused, and capitalized on the conflict to demonize us, especially making up stories about my wife doing bad things to her.  So my parents finally said "This isn't working.  You have to find a place of your own."  So we lost the support of having other people around to help with the kid and I was locked into working full-time to pay rent.  I was able to finish school, but not to do all the extra work necessary to actually have a chance at landing a job in my field of study afterwards.
What's your sisters name? I know a guy who'd be willing to deal with her.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92194 on: April 21, 2015, 08:36:27 pm »

I cannot get this image the size I want it to be. It's way too small, and I don't know how to fix it.  :-\
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92195 on: April 21, 2015, 08:37:04 pm »

The old lady who lived next-door to us died today from a stroke.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92196 on: April 21, 2015, 08:57:56 pm »

That feeling when the floor drops out from under your gut, and there's a big emptiness there you thought was ground. It's a bad feel.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92197 on: April 21, 2015, 09:26:43 pm »

If one more toenail breaks, gets infected, grows out weird or otherwise displeases me just one more time, I'm going to see if I can find a doctor who can get the fuckers removed. They have caused nothing but pain and nuisance for as long as I've had them.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92198 on: April 21, 2015, 09:55:45 pm »

Winter hit so hard.
It's like... 10 (50f) degrees out.
How are humans meant to survive this? I had to Put On A Shirt!
Yeah, it sure was chilly last night. My friend and I were heading home and it was about 9 degrees, apparently.
I had to put on several shirts. And a singlet. And a jacket. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92199 on: April 21, 2015, 11:02:34 pm »

But how can I even leave the spot to begin with?
By using fewer mixed metaphors.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92200 on: April 21, 2015, 11:15:07 pm »

That feeling when the floor drops out from under your gut, and there's a big emptiness there you thought was ground. It's a bad feel.

This sounds bad :(
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92201 on: April 21, 2015, 11:53:50 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:53:45 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92202 on: April 22, 2015, 12:03:52 am »

Do the WHOLE DAMN water temple.
Get All The Damn Fairies.

Then run out of time just after the GODDAMN FISH BOSS.

I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK FOR THOSE FAIRIES.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:29:13 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #92203 on: April 22, 2015, 06:03:13 am »

The two best AAR's I have ever read in my life are no longer on the internet apparently.
The GalCiv2 ones by Tom Francis. They are gone now. I can no longer read about moving a superweapon a billion light years in a single turn with a law.
I feel that the world has just lost something amazing and I don't know what the hell to do about it.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92204 on: April 22, 2015, 06:12:15 am »

The two best AAR's I have ever read in my life are no longer on the internet apparently.
The GalCiv2 ones by Tom Francis. They are gone now. I can no longer read about moving a superweapon a billion light years in a single turn with a law.
I feel that the world has just lost something amazing and I don't know what the hell to do about it.
Tom said they're going up on pc gamer. So don't feel sad.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 6145 6146 [6147] 6148 6149 ... 8167