Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6144 6145 [6146] 6147 6148 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9468183 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92175 on: April 21, 2015, 09:42:14 am »

the first word of a sibling of mine was potato.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #92176 on: April 21, 2015, 11:08:59 am »

I pretty much failed a music theory exam. For some reason I'm absolutely tone-deaf today. I got every rhythm perfect, so I might earn enough points to pass, but having to rethink every note after hearing it for the second time with no idea which answer was correct is depressing.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92177 on: April 21, 2015, 12:10:16 pm »

Autodesk SketchBook keeps cropping off large portionsof any drawing I make with it. It's starting to piss me off.

Can anyone recommend a good free (really free. Not something woth a trial version) drawing program for my android phone to replace it?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #92178 on: April 21, 2015, 12:23:46 pm »

Autodesk SketchBook keeps cropping off large portionsof any drawing I make with it. It's starting to piss me off.

Can anyone recommend a good free (really free. Not something woth a trial version) drawing program for my android phone to replace it?

Artflow Studio is really good.  I think it's totally free.  I might have paid something for it.  I don't remember.

I often think about how much different my life would probably be, had I had the support of a stable parent or a safe household while growing up or starting out on my own, instead of fleeing sick and destitute into adulthood. But all we can do is work with what we have, and every day do whatever we can to get closer to the life we want for ourselves.

My story isn't nearly as harsh as yours, and I'm sorry to hear about all of it :(

My parents are actually awesome.  I've only ever had two major conflicts with them.  My sister, and the amount of time I spent on the computer on my teen years.  But the conflict over my sister has been pretty damn huge for a very long time.

My problem was I had to support a family when they kicked me out.  My kid was two years old, and we'd continued living with my parents.  They have a big house, and asked us not to leave when we had our first kid because they knew it would ruin us.  But my sister did things that made it impossible to raise a kid around her, like refusing to take of her dogs in any fashion so that our kid was always crawling through urine or attempting to eat feces.  Tensions grew as we begged her to be considerate and she steadfastly refused, and capitalized on the conflict to demonize us, especially making up stories about my wife doing bad things to her.  So my parents finally said "This isn't working.  You have to find a place of your own."  So we lost the support of having other people around to help with the kid and I was locked into working full-time to pay rent.  I was able to finish school, but not to do all the extra work necessary to actually have a chance at landing a job in my field of study afterwards.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:41:50 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92179 on: April 21, 2015, 12:45:40 pm »

Is there any way to exclude search the google play store in such a way as to exclude apps with in-app purchases?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92180 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:56 pm »

Winter hit so hard.
It's like... 10 (50f) degrees out.
How are humans meant to survive this? I had to Put On A Shirt!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 12:49:52 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92181 on: April 21, 2015, 01:06:36 pm »

Much depress today. Very lonely. Can't socialize properly, just have a pleasant chat with someone and not see them looking for an excuse to end the conversation. I never could, and I never will.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92182 on: April 21, 2015, 01:12:09 pm »

Much depress today. Very lonely. Can't socialize properly, just have a pleasant chat with someone and not see them looking for an excuse to end the conversation. I never could, and I never will.
I'm not sure if I understood you correctly - is the problem that whenever you talk, you see people trying to exit the conversation, or that you can't talk because you're looking for signs of the person trying to do that?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92183 on: April 21, 2015, 01:14:26 pm »

The first. I always say something stupid and regret it later.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92184 on: April 21, 2015, 01:31:32 pm »

I took "Explorations in Math" even though I had already passed two higher classes because it seemed interesting. The way the description was worded, it sounded like we were going to be doing all sorts of neat application problems and learning interesting ways to apply math in science and engineering.

So far, all we've done is taxes and basic data sets (mean, median and mode, etc.). This isn't even high school math, this is basic grade-school stuff. I have to keep taking it because I'm past the cut-off date for withdrawing and I need the credit to continue getting financial aid, but I miss being in a class that respects my intelligence. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92185 on: April 21, 2015, 01:42:54 pm »

The first. I always say something stupid and regret it later.
Take time to think before talking?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92186 on: April 21, 2015, 02:27:53 pm »

Wugh, I had thought that school beginning again would sort of alleviate my frustration, but it keeps going strong :/

There's multiple things to it. I am in the Belgian informatics olympiad, and the final is in a few weeks (May 2). I have done so little for this, and it's entirely unsalvageable. I didn't really expect to win anyway, but I just feel bad about not doing anything, but I can't find any motivation to be productive. Not even for school. I have something fairly important due june 1, and guess what, I don't have any motivation for that either. And the teacher says he will notice if you start on it too late (I have 13 pages so far out of 50 minimum). And it's not that it doesn't interest me, I really enjoyed the trainings even if I sort of suck at competetive programming. I still have two years to try, yet I still feel bad.
Besides my complete lack of motivation, I also just feel bad about how unsocial I am, and just feel bad about how bad I am in talking to girls and stuff :x
I do talk to a girl after school sometimes but I'm fairly sure she's not interested in me, yet I keep hoping while I really shouldn't. I am painfully aware of the whole "projecting characteristics on somebody" thing and just feel bad about it :/
I try to be social, but I don't really like parties and the only thing there really is to do in this town that interests me is a bunch of dudes who play magic every last saturday of the month (which i could not be at since november because of circumstances every time).

The worst part is that I don't have anybody to talk to.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 03:14:41 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92187 on: April 21, 2015, 02:52:13 pm »

I couldn't sleep last night because I randomly got really hungry, and I mean REALLY hungry. I didn't have anything to snack on either so I had to curl up and suck it up.

The weird thing is that I had dinner.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92188 on: April 21, 2015, 04:08:29 pm »

I was supposed to write an urgent assignment tonight, but instead of doing it, I just had a few beers and spent the rest of the evening browsing Bay12. Motivational deficiency disorder seems to be endemic around here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #92189 on: April 21, 2015, 04:10:34 pm »

And now Zero Punctuation joins RWBY on the "Things I can't watch because they mysteriously have no sound" page :(
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 6144 6145 [6146] 6147 6148 ... 8167