Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6142 6143 [6144] 6145 6146 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470584 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92145 on: April 20, 2015, 02:12:42 pm »

Probably gonna drop out of college. Or withdaw, I guess. Maybe it's not technically dropping out because my grades are good. Still seems like failing.

Don't know what to do. Can't keep doing this though. I've been trying. Guess I'll try and find some help. More help than I've already tried, I guess.

:(. That sucks. Do you have any plans for something else to do? Maybe something more hands-on?

I'm not sure which is worse, that running on caffeine and adrenaline works or that I'm doing it right now.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92146 on: April 20, 2015, 02:22:45 pm »

:(. That sucks. Do you have any plans for something else to do? Maybe something more hands-on?
My parents have some recommendations for doctors/therapists to try and see. I guess I'll just live with my parents like a failure and maybe get a job while I wait to see if the doctors/therapists work or I suddenly find renewed vigor and lust for life and decide to return to some college somewhere. Probably take classes at the nearby community college maybe. And in between that stuff I guess I'll do what I did between classes at college: play video games or dabble in hobbies. Maybe work on programming some things, read about AI stuff, and maybe try to get not sucky at guitar. Mostly try to do things besides play video games all day or sleep all day.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92147 on: April 20, 2015, 03:20:27 pm »

Have a rather big exam tommorrow. I studied for it, but not nearly enough, doesn't help that the subject matter is mostly daft, dense shit that I won't ever need after I've passed this thing. Doesn't help that I've had another exam this morning which has left me kinda groggy and without much will to study for the rest of the day. It's even worse tho because the exam is tommorrow afternoon which gives me plenty of time to stress about it while not making much of a difference when it comes to being able to memorise stuff.

Edit:

@Spehss
That's a viscious cycle buddy that wears you down. I know it seems hard or impossible but you gotta try and break yourself out of it. I've had a similar problem and still occasionally fall into it but I've got people to help me out now. If you don't that's gonna make it a bit harder but still doable. Start small, go for a run every day, try learning some new chords every day, draw, just do something. And don't do it only if you feel like, that's the biggest problem, you don't feel like doing anything because you're not doing anything, and you're not doing anything because you're not feeling like doing anything (that sounded so much better in my head). You just gotta start doing, I found that it greatly helps if you take the decision mostly out of your hands, say at a certain hour of every day you'll do X thing, regardless of your mood. Build that discipline to push yourself trough veil of shitty stuff and work. Just gotta keep moving bro.

That turned out way longer than I thought it would, hopefully it helps atleast a bit.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:34:05 pm by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #92148 on: April 20, 2015, 03:47:42 pm »

My nose exploded with bloody ramifications. Again. Always happens at exam times.

I thought nose bleeds weren't meant to be this bloody common when you're 19.

And yes, I can use "bloody" to show how common it is if I want, hehe.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92149 on: April 20, 2015, 03:51:36 pm »

My elderly dog is having trouble eating, and has lost ten pounds very quickly. Took him to the vet, and results should be back soon. Hope he's fine.
Update: Dog's kidneys aren't working, and he's probably going to die. Two options, either let him go, or hospitalize him and pump him full of IV fluids. Second one has a very slim chance of working. Had him since I was little. Don't want him to go. Crying right now, can't see screen very well.
Update Deux: Vet put down dog. He was tired, and old. Vet says he probably wouldn't have lived through the day.

It's been less than 3 days since we had the vet check him out.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92150 on: April 20, 2015, 04:10:02 pm »

Ah.
Well.
You have my condolences, Playergamer.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92151 on: April 20, 2015, 04:30:56 pm »

Losing a pet is a special kind of pain. May he rest in peace.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92152 on: April 20, 2015, 05:48:53 pm »

It hurts. We all know that.

Eat a cupcake and enjoy some hugs.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92153 on: April 20, 2015, 05:57:10 pm »

I'm really sorry, Playergamer ):
Losing a pet is a special kind of pain. May he rest in peace.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92154 on: April 20, 2015, 06:55:10 pm »

Well, apparently there's some dude walking around school with my iPod. The problem is, I only have a very vague description of him, and even if I do find him, I've most likely thrown away my only chance to claim the device.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92155 on: April 20, 2015, 07:11:56 pm »

I've put off applying to graduate school for a year and a half.

...It's about five and a half yesrs now
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92156 on: April 20, 2015, 07:29:16 pm »

Welp. I now have the dreaded feeling that something bad is going to happen in the near future. I get the distinct feeling that we're going to get screwed on the house we're trying to move into.Just found out that things are not going the way they were supposed to, haven't seen the paperwork yet, but from what I gather, I get the impression that we're going to wind up seeing our rent jacked up several times before being dumped out of the house because someone else wants to buy it.

I've been screwed too many times to feel good about the future. I mean, yay, we're moving into a house instead of an apartment, but I doubt it lasts two years.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92157 on: April 20, 2015, 08:56:00 pm »

I have too much trouble telling people "no". ._.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92158 on: April 20, 2015, 09:09:28 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:56:18 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92159 on: April 20, 2015, 09:14:49 pm »

I have too much trouble telling people "no". ._.
Same here. My first word as a baby was apparently "no," so I'm not sure what went wrong along the way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6142 6143 [6144] 6145 6146 ... 8167