Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6141 6142 [6143] 6144 6145 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9470525 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92130 on: April 20, 2015, 02:49:48 am »

Net troubles == BLARGH D:<
I have lacking time by which to do academic work. Which requires internet. :I

That, and I would REALLY LOVE TO SEND THESE PMs to people but then no time. :'(

-snip  >:(  :-\ snip-
Maybe its the reinforcement you're receiving, and the exposure and guidance used to follow that. While its debatable that such things are genetic (ie the notion of me being angry because my parents are angry)--its a fact that attitude is constructed, which could be a precursor as an explanation on what you're feeling why you're feeling. Something ingrained =/= something permanent, in your context.
Because there are many other factors (ie Biological: hormones--not the usually assumed [hormones = sex hormones :V]), poking at adolescence.

But yeah, hugs to everyone :/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:00:17 am by Tiruin »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #92131 on: April 20, 2015, 03:01:18 am »

Well, the last person who I once considered a close friend blocked me on Facebook, stopped talking to me, changed her phone number, ripped out every page of her journal that mentioned me and sent them all to me, and burned down the flowers I helped her plant.
Which means, all my friends are now on bay12!

Because who wants to be friends with a demon like me? I'll drag you straight to hell! ::)
But hey, if Christianity is true then I'll get to meet Alan Turing. Just think positively about it, right?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92132 on: April 20, 2015, 03:06:42 am »

If Christianity's true you're also not a demon. It's win-win!

Also holy crap that's a borderline psychotic thing for her to do.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92133 on: April 20, 2015, 03:14:12 am »

...The fences would be chump change for any dog to jump over, of course, but it's a deterrent at least...

It occurs to me that many if not most conflicts of human-animal interaction could be solved/prevented by the replacement of short fences with high walls
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #92134 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:29 am »

- D: -
Ya ain't a demon. :I
That stuff on Christianity and poking you about hell because of who you are is...a misunderstood interpretation (ie You gay//anything non-heterosexual = Go to hell). -.-

Consider the context too ._. That sounds a ton harsh. Consider what you've done too, perhaps, and self-analyze it (under the context that problems occur from both parts, or from interpretation of an interaction/action by one party, or by conclusions driven purely by assumptions and interpretations.)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92135 on: April 20, 2015, 04:02:55 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:56:42 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92136 on: April 20, 2015, 04:13:24 am »

... To be totally frank, that's what the breakup of most serious relationships seems to be like.
Ahahahaha oh wow I'm out of the loop, huh.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92137 on: April 20, 2015, 06:04:00 am »

...The fences would be chump change for any dog to jump over, of course, but it's a deterrent at least...

It occurs to me that many if not most conflicts of human-animal interaction could be solved/prevented by the replacement of short fences with high walls
High walls remove me from the presence of friendly dogs.
I like friendly dogs.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92138 on: April 20, 2015, 07:54:42 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:27:56 am by penguinofhonor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #92139 on: April 20, 2015, 08:05:35 am »

Probably gonna drop out of college. Or withdaw, I guess. Maybe it's not technically dropping out because my grades are good. Still seems like failing.

Don't know what to do. Can't keep doing this though. I've been trying. Guess I'll try and find some help. More help than I've already tried, I guess.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92140 on: April 20, 2015, 08:20:23 am »

you ever just remember something like "huh, I've been repressing that for a long time"

yes

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92141 on: April 20, 2015, 11:07:28 am »

you ever just remember something like "huh, I've been repressing that for a long time"
yes
All the time. ._.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92142 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:49 am »

My elderly dog is having trouble eating, and has lost ten pounds very quickly. Took him to the vet, and results should be back soon. Hope he's fine.
Update: Dog's kidneys aren't working, and he's probably going to die. Two options, either let him go, or hospitalize him and pump him full of IV fluids. Second one has a very slim chance of working. Had him since I was little. Don't want him to go. Crying right now, can't see screen very well.
A bit belated, but I'm sorry to hear that. :(
I know how that feels. Hopefully, even if worst comes to worst, you'll be able to spend time with your furry pal, keeping him feeling happy and loved at the end. I'm hoping he pulls through and keeps kicking along, though. Tell him I wished him good luck. (And good luck to you, too.)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92143 on: April 20, 2015, 11:57:10 am »

yes
All the time. ._.
I think that's a thing most normal people do.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92144 on: April 20, 2015, 11:58:13 am »

yes
All the time. ._.
I think that's a thing most normal people do.
I would assume so, given that I do it often too.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 6141 6142 [6143] 6144 6145 ... 8167