Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6139 6140 [6141] 6142 6143 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471566 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92100 on: April 19, 2015, 02:47:42 pm »

It's just not a good time for me to be taking on this kind of project.

And I can't even afford to pay the difference on the phone plan because I've been unemployed for 5 months now.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #92101 on: April 19, 2015, 02:56:46 pm »

I just spent the entire day working with my brother. I'm not even going to bother to explain how stressful it is to have to work with a person like my brother constantly bitching and moaning about minor shit that I could be doing to save all of 5 seconds. My voice gives out when I speak too loudly because of how much I was screaming at him as a child. I shouldn't have to put up with him being the center of my universe because 90 percent of my life is spent either being harassed by him or wanting to cut out his eyes and beat him mercilessly.

And also, since everyone here seemed to care about the dog and not give a damn about our chicken who he mauled, I should probably say that dog who killed our chicken won't be put down after all.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92102 on: April 19, 2015, 02:59:09 pm »

Yeah I know. I'm not berating you or anything. I mean, it's your personal project and ultimately you're the only one investing in it at the moment. Plus, I can empathize about being constrained by external circumstances. It's just that it sounded quite interesting  ;)  and it saddens me to see it on hiatus.

Obvious, more important economical problems aside: Have you considered reviving it as a ToME engine module or somesuch? I assume that would be relatively less complex. And supposedly the engine is versatile enough: I heard there was talk once about using it to do a kind-of-clone of Heroes of might and magic...

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92103 on: April 19, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »

I just spent the entire day working with my brother. I'm not even going to bother to explain how stressful it is to have to work with a person like my brother constantly bitching and moaning about minor shit that I could be doing to save all of 5 seconds. My voice gives out when I speak too loudly because of how much I was screaming at him as a child. I shouldn't have to put up with him being the center of my universe because 90 percent of my life is spent either being harassed by him or wanting to cut out his eyes and beat him mercilessly.

And also, since everyone here seemed to care about the dog and not give a damn about our chicken who he mauled, I should probably say that dog who killed our chicken won't be put down after all.
Ah.
Shit.
That's not good, is it?
As much as I want to feel sorry for the dog, it mauled your chicken.
Just because.
That's kinda inexcusable.
Also, here's hoping your brother stops being a complete dick.
Unlikely, but I can hope.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #92104 on: April 19, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »

-snip-
Should probably quote Allee there, it reads like you're talking to Iron.

I feel you. :(

I also feel bad for your chicken. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #92105 on: April 19, 2015, 03:10:28 pm »

Replace "chicken" with "kitten" and then see how many people start talking about the poor dog.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92106 on: April 19, 2015, 04:37:03 pm »

You know, I didn't give a shit about the dog in the first place. An animal that kills livestock is an animal that needs to be removed.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #92107 on: April 19, 2015, 04:58:48 pm »

Indeed.

It is commonly held that when a dog goes violent and kills anything, it becomes a danger. For example, a neighbour had a dog which killed a sheep. The next day, it would have killed a person as it went for more sheep, if not for a well placed bullet. Huge dogs (three of them attacked at once)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #92108 on: April 19, 2015, 05:41:25 pm »

My dogs kill mice and lizards all the time. Should they be destroyed? Fact is, large predators are not to be trusted around small animals. A dog that goes after sheep might go after similarly sized creatures, like children or other dogs, but chicken killer=/=people killer.

That being said, as someone with 4 chickens I can sympathize. I just think the one who's at fault is the owner who knowingly brought their dog near the chicken. I think that people were getting upset at the thought that the owner's stupidity/neglect would result in the deaths of two animals (the dog and the chicken) without consequences to themselves.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:47:48 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92109 on: April 19, 2015, 05:44:51 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:26:46 am by penguinofhonor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92110 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:31 pm »

My dog killed all our hens a few years ago. Damn her to hell, but she's too good in all other respects to get rid of. Only kills them if she's left unattended, otherwise she's quite good with them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92111 on: April 19, 2015, 06:00:03 pm »

I just wish dog owners would always use leashes.  I don't really mind big friendly dogs sniffing and licking me when I'm out walking, but I probably ought to.  A lot of people are understandably scared of big dogs.  They used to chase me a lot while bicycling, too, and one nipped my leg.  It didn't break my skin so I didn't confront the owner (it was a rural residential area), but I probably should have.  Not using leashes is just an invitation for trouble...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92112 on: April 19, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »

I just wish dog owners would always use leashes.

Quoted for truth.

Recently I was taking my own dog for a walk (LEASHED), when I stumbled with a couple of people taking their own (smallish) dogs out as well... loose and running around as a pack. I had to protect my dog from them, while they didn't even make a minimal effort to leash them, or even call them back. Assholes.

They had the gall of asking me (no apologies about what had just happened, mind you, just straight out asking me), if I had seen one dog of theirs which was missing. See, since they are loose at walks, and loose around town, sometimes they go missing. And sometimes they do not come back (there IS a road nearby). So yeah, their habit has bad repercussions on their dogs' lifespan, but that doesn't deter them.

Even if the dog is friendly (and both my dogs are mostly friendly towards people), some people find it unpleasant and scary to have a dog walk to them. It's simple good manners to keep your dog leashed, so that you can control it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 06:05:04 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92113 on: April 19, 2015, 06:20:58 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:58:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92114 on: April 19, 2015, 06:28:48 pm »

External HD broke down. I dont know what I lost exactly. Most likely a couple of books. a whole lot of books. I *hope* I did not lose any personal stuff.

I have to find out if some computer shop runs a budget repair-recover service. Because I'm not handing out 800€ to recover it, that's for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 6139 6140 [6141] 6142 6143 ... 8167