Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6122 6123 [6124] 6125 6126 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9475173 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91845 on: April 15, 2015, 11:38:49 am »

You know what's fun? Blackouts for four hours every day or so. You know what's even more fun? Having your internet knocked out by those blackouts. Hopefully replacing the router fixes it, and it's not something ridiculous like Telkom's nearest hub bein hit every time we have power.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91846 on: April 15, 2015, 12:06:52 pm »

You know what's fun? Blackouts for four hours every day or so.

The first time I read this I thought you were talking about liquor and memory loss
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #91847 on: April 15, 2015, 12:36:05 pm »

I've had blackouts like that (except with less liquor and more lack of blood) but never for that long and not right now. I'm glad of that. I'd probably just give up totally if I started blacking out again.

My father seems to be a wizard and has produced a spare router from his cupboard of I don't know what. This unfortunately doesn't help that the depression is strong today, and that I have three things due in the next few days, two of which I haven't started. Also there's another blackout scheduled to start in twenty-five minutes.

So tired.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #91848 on: April 15, 2015, 01:40:58 pm »

I'm feeling sort of meh and frustrated :/

It's still spring break here, and the weather is nice but I can't think of anything to do. There's something for Dutch that I really need to finish but I doubt I'll be able to find enough material for that, and the informatics olympiad thing is coming close and I haven't done shit, yet I can't motivate myself to do anything.

There's also just all these fucking hormones. I feel uncomfortable and frustrated if I can't try to talk to girls for some reason, and there I can't do that during these two weeks, obviously.
Wuuugh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91849 on: April 15, 2015, 01:45:08 pm »

My internet has just slowed all the way down, and my iPad's touch screen is being buggy as hell.
yaaaaay
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91850 on: April 15, 2015, 01:49:17 pm »

My internet has just slowed all the way down, and my iPad's touch screen is being buggy as hell.
yaaaaay
I suffered a small disconnection from my ISP here...
In a time before time, I had a name.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91851 on: April 15, 2015, 02:17:33 pm »

Just realized that capitalism and the current corporate ladder is basically just feudalism.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91852 on: April 15, 2015, 02:18:25 pm »

Yeah, pretty much.  Welcome to serfdom.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91853 on: April 15, 2015, 02:28:03 pm »

Just realized that capitalism and the current corporate ladder is basically just feudalism.
I hear this comparison a lot, but you probably need to re-read the Wikipedia article on Feudalism by the time you say this. It is, at best, a crude comparison.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91854 on: April 15, 2015, 02:51:22 pm »

Today I looked up a shop that sells toys from the 90s and previous times, and nostalgia hit me in the face harder then a truck full of bricks.
I remember I had this action figure, a small green skinned winged four armed demon thing. The arms moved (though both of the two arms on each side were fused in the same, single joint) and the wings too. I absolutely loved that damn thing, but my dog chewed it up. I never found out to what toy line it belonged to, or saw it ever again, anywhere. Much sad.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #91855 on: April 15, 2015, 02:57:25 pm »

I've been surviving on a facade of strength for so long, and it's slowly but surely cracking apart. I don't know how I'm going to survive another six months.

Right now bleeding and crying are the only things that make the pain stop. Those aren't exactly sustainable.

Melodrama.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 02:59:06 pm by Arx »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91856 on: April 15, 2015, 03:00:27 pm »

I've been surviving on a facade of strength for so long, and it's slowly but surely cracking apart. I don't know how I'm going to survive another six months.

Right now bleeding and crying are the only things that make the pain stop. Those aren't exactly sustainable.

Melodrama.
*all the hugs*
What exactly is going on?
And bleeding sounds like a terrible idea, what with the whole 'it's hurting you' thing.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91857 on: April 15, 2015, 03:04:30 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:06:36 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91858 on: April 15, 2015, 03:16:52 pm »

I've been there too many times. I swear that I'm not going to judge you. I've done far too much blatantly stupid shit in my life to possibly go "Oh lol you're weak" or whatever.
Same. I'm still doing blatantly stupid shit.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #91859 on: April 15, 2015, 03:29:47 pm »

Melodrama.
Everyone I know worth looking up to has felt crushed by expectations or obligations or loneliness or outright hatred to the point they weren't sure how they were going to make it. Also, so've I, but I'm not on the list of people described last sentence >______>

You're not alone in feeling trapped behind a crumbling mask, for whatever that does for you. If talking to somebody will help, shoot me a PM. I probably won't be able to say anything to really help, but I can listen without judging you. If talking won't help, know that you've got people rooting for you, and that's not contingent on you being strong or anything like that. And try to keep to the crying, it's a good deal more sustainable.

Also a class I was counting on got cancelled so now I have to rework my schedule a-fucking-gain.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6122 6123 [6124] 6125 6126 ... 8167