Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6116 6117 [6118] 6119 6120 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9476535 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91755 on: April 14, 2015, 10:45:41 am »

It's also important to note what school the therapist adheres to/what school the therapy is from, and how suitable that school is for the problem you want to fix. For example, behaviouralism might be more suitable for things like phobias while if you want to achieve higher self esteem/confidence a cognitivist might be better.

As far as I know Freud and Jung don't even have particularly strong influence on their own school of therapy any more anyway, though. But I guess they Di sort of loom over the whole thing just by being the "founders", so to speak.
Love, scriver~

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91756 on: April 14, 2015, 11:47:16 am »

I had a friend who sudden started getting violent seizures when I was in university. At the hospital she had to talk to a psychiatrist, who wrote in her medical files that she was faking it for attention.  Every single doctor she went to for three years after that told her that they had no idea what was causing seizures because they read that in her medical files.

Finally a doctor that didn't suck ignored it and gave her epilepsy medication, which solved everything.  I don't have a lot of respect for psychiatrists either because of this.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #91757 on: April 14, 2015, 11:57:37 am »

That sounds squarely within the realm of gastrointestinal health. I mean, undoubtedly there are consequences for your psyche but the root cause there is not something therapy is going to solve.

Funnily enough, there are a couple of "functional" ailments in the gastroenterologist bag, with no clear cause, but with definite links to stress (functional dyspepsia and irritable bowel disease). And these are treated with antidepressants, among other things -albeit at a lower dosage than usual (the theory is that alterations in serotonin levels at the enteric nervous system are involved).

I never liked gastroenterology very much, and those two were my absolute unfavorites during that subject, because the teacher insisted in telling us how the diagnostic criteria had evolved since the seventies, instead of going for the current status quo (all too often not leaving any time avaiable to explain the current status quo).

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91758 on: April 14, 2015, 11:58:11 am »

*sigh*

So after two years, I'm finally being sued for the damage I did to my friend's house when I accidentally flooded it.
No offense to Truean (and any other lawyer types on B12), but fuck the legal profession. And the insurance profession.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91759 on: April 14, 2015, 12:08:15 pm »

I don't think any vaccines contain living bacteria.

Some do, but they usually contain "lesser" variants of the real stuff.

And most are for viruses anyway
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91760 on: April 14, 2015, 12:14:50 pm »

I understand the need to get a blood test. I just don't like the idea of a doctor who doesn't brush me off.
Damn phrasal verbs. What does it mean? Surely not this:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/brush-sb-sth-off
"to remove dust or dirt from someone or something by using your hands or a brush"

No, it means:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/brush-sth-off
" to refuse to listen to what someone says, or to refuse to think about something seriously"

What is "sth" and ("sb sth")? Is that like "fnord""?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91761 on: April 14, 2015, 12:18:37 pm »

*sigh*

So after two years, I'm finally being sued for the damage I did to my friend's house when I accidentally flooded it.
No offense to Truean (and any other lawyer types on B12), but fuck the legal profession. And the insurance profession.
... Has it really been two years? I remember you posting about it. o____o

holy fuck I've been registered for nearly four years what the fuckles
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91762 on: April 14, 2015, 12:21:04 pm »

The instructor of the class I wanted to get into wouldn't let me transfer because "they're too far into the quarter." Rather than continue with an instructor I don't like at all, (whom everyone recommends, by the way.) I dropped the class. I have only one class this quarter, now. I was kind of hoping this time would go well.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #91763 on: April 14, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »

What is "sth" and ("sb sth")? Is that like "fnord""?
'something' and 'somebody/something', abbreviated.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91764 on: April 14, 2015, 12:53:26 pm »

Was on skype, person who I added forever ago and dont even remember messages me saying that the person who originally owned said profile died and now this person who claims to be his sister is now messaging everyone on his contacts so his online friends will all know what happened.

And I cant even remember who it was :v I'm terrible at remembering people whom I dont regulary talk to. I cant even remember why I added him on skype.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #91765 on: April 14, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »

Working by the light of a single candle might sound romantic.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91766 on: April 14, 2015, 02:10:20 pm »

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #91767 on: April 14, 2015, 02:13:54 pm »

Does my nose have unlimited snot? It never ends....
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #91768 on: April 14, 2015, 02:16:22 pm »

>implying

I'm currently working by the light of a single candle. This is not at all romantic. It is back-ache inducing, eye-straining, a little smelly, and slightly dangerous.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91769 on: April 14, 2015, 02:16:44 pm »

Does my nose have unlimited snot? It never ends....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>implying

I'm currently working by the light of a single candle. This is not at all romantic. It is back-ache inducing, eye-straining, a little smelly, and slightly dangerous.
OH
WELL
YOU HAVE MY SYMPATHY
AND HUGS
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 6116 6117 [6118] 6119 6120 ... 8167