Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6102 6103 [6104] 6105 6106 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434047 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91545 on: April 10, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »

You could also be drunk, and if you aren't, you should be.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91546 on: April 10, 2015, 05:20:15 pm »

Interesting, you appear to be using '!!?' or '!?' where I would normally use '!?!' or '?!?' respectively for the states of mixed alarm and confusion (the first being more alarmed, and the second being more confused).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91547 on: April 10, 2015, 05:26:07 pm »

You could also be drunk, and if you aren't, you should be.
I just can't stand the taste of beer, and I would hate to get drunk. Not getting drunk, never. Never.
Interesting, you appear to be using '!!?' or '!?' where I would normally use '!?!' or '?!?' respectively for the states of mixed alarm and confusion (the first being more alarmed, and the second being more confused).
I'm not very experienced at this (not even in real life), so, thanks for the tips!                             I'll never get drunk.

In a time before time, I had a name.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91548 on: April 10, 2015, 05:33:12 pm »

But if you've embarked on a personal crusade for regaining the dormant compassion within your heart, I wish you good luck and safe journeys, whilst I stand happily upon this metaphorical dock and wave.
Wait... Why are you waving? Why do you stay behind? I did something to put us apart? Is this all my fault again?
Or... Or maybe...
You're not coming with me. Then you don't want to reach the same place as me. You don't want to come, you don't want to care!
Most people I've met don't want people to care, they want others to agree with them.
Because you obviously don't care if our emotions don't line up!!!
And a response like that to someone who does care is heart wrenching which makes you susceptible to guilt trips. I personally get enough of that shit from myself. The difference being you are more likely to respect and adhere to your boundaries(physical and emotional).

In other news I learned that the US doesn't even try to enforce draft law. I hate the idea of being called to die for nebulous shit but the only reasons I can think of to keep laws that you won't enforce are terrible. Until this point I've understood Law to be that which is required for our communities to function and give precedent to what punishments are appropriate to what transgressions.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #91549 on: April 10, 2015, 05:43:55 pm »

Welp, my HDMI cable died in transit to uni. Now I'm gonna have to hunt down and purchase another before I can do anything much at all.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #91550 on: April 10, 2015, 06:09:20 pm »

Welp, my HDMI cable died in transit to uni. Now I'm gonna have to hunt down and purchase another before I can do anything much at all.

Don't forget to get a 24k gold-coated one from Best Buy.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91551 on: April 10, 2015, 07:31:53 pm »

I think my sick has mutated into a sinus infection. I certainly have all the symptoms now.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91552 on: April 10, 2015, 07:43:10 pm »

I feel so useless.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #91553 on: April 10, 2015, 08:24:23 pm »

Pretty much everything is going to shit. Sad.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:57:14 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91554 on: April 10, 2015, 08:31:39 pm »

* 4maskwolf gives Truean a friendly hug

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91555 on: April 10, 2015, 08:48:38 pm »

Truean. You care. You aren't terrible. People fuck up and bad things happen. When people do right and bad things happen it is a clusterfuck.
I think you're good people.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #91556 on: April 10, 2015, 08:55:47 pm »

I would give you enormous sums of money for your labors to bring good back into the world if i could. I can't, and i know money wont actually heal your wounds, but I would. *hugs*

Sad; I still haven't been hired for a job! Goddamnit! I hate mooching off my parents. I'm 22 for chrissakes. I just want to contribute to my family and not be a failure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91557 on: April 10, 2015, 09:02:31 pm »

I would give you enormous sums of money for your labors to bring good back into the world if i could. I can't, and i know money wont actually heal your wounds, but I would. *hugs*

Sad; I still haven't been hired for a job! Goddamnit! I hate mooching off my parents. I'm 22 for chrissakes. I just want to contribute to my family and not be a failure.

I'm even older and stuck in the same situation. It doesn't help that I've gotten extremely discouraged and don't put in applications very often anymore as a result
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #91558 on: April 10, 2015, 09:35:06 pm »

I think my sick has mutated into a sinus infection. I certainly have all the symptoms now.
Well, while certainly unpleasant, I'm sure this will heal. It will heal fast.
Faster than the open wounds they leaved on your trust!
I hope you get better soon.
I'm even older and stuck in the same situation. It doesn't help that I've gotten extremely discouraged and don't put in applications very often anymore as a result
I just turned 18 last month, and finally I got a job, I went trough seven months of searching before I could finally find it good, get chosen, pass trough interview and be selected. I got quite worried because I trusted my skills, I worked by myself since I had thirteen years, and yet it seemed as all my learning and working didn't gave fruit. It is troublesome to say the least, but keep trying and eventually you might get something fine.
If you are older it is even more difficult, since the system gets more creative at screwing with you...

You probably won't have any retaliation in the forums, as we will all try to work towards maintaining a friendly and receptive ambient, but if you don't want to be found IRL, please do remove the post if you feel insecure.
I am quite jealous of you, because you care, truly. You are a good person, that's why it hurts, like ArKFallen mentioned. May your pride in doing the right thing be bigger than your regret on it's consequences.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #91559 on: April 10, 2015, 11:14:31 pm »

Came back from another math competition, for another reminder of how much work I still have to do. I think all the time I have spent home for the last weeks I have had to works. You know it's bad when a competition and work camp actually give you rest. And of course, my parents have been sucking my little free-time with TV shows.
I'm tired of this attitude. Of being told I am a lazy egoist for not standing up from my sofa, walking across the room and picking up a control to turn the tv on (sounds pretty bad on my part, doesn't? Yeah, my parents always omit the end of this sentence) because my mom or dad doesn't want to stretch their arm a tiny bit. I kid you not, they actually have the control within less than arms reach, yet they want someone to walk across the room. The same attitude that complains because they won't get to watch TV when I am spending my vacation working.

You know what? I'll just listen to music, try to forget this and stop thinking. I don't like it when I start thinking too much.

*infiniteHugs*
Pages: 1 ... 6102 6103 [6104] 6105 6106 ... 8167