Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6061 6062 [6063] 6064 6065 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436915 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90930 on: March 31, 2015, 09:54:04 pm »

I don't much like being online when some of my friends are. One in particular who I've complained about on here before.

I gotta help him run the same few dungeons over and over again, with no reason for me to do them. So that he can beat the queues and try to get a 5% chance or so drop.

I say I don't want to, and he tells me I have to. I know he probably wouldn't be helping me if I asked.

I feel like I can't do anything else when he's on. Mostly because I can't. He'll tell me to stop playing other games to go help him.

If he would just play a different class, he wouldn't need to sit on q 30+ minute queue. Though he hates being tank or healer, because he doesn't get to do as much damage.

And we have to sit in a chat program. Where we usually say nothing, and just play in an awkward silence. My mom doesn't like when I'm on the program, because she feels as though she cannot talk, and I don't really blame her.
Blackflyme, I think a LOT of your problems (I mean A LOT) stem almost entirely from your inability to say no. To your mum, to your DM, to your 'friends', to anyone, really...

Like, I think this is just because he knows you're an easy mark and a pushover, so he goes "Eh, I need a hand, I'll get that jerk to help me," and needles you.

Say "No." and then block the jerk if he insists. And tell him that. "You can't take a no, so I'm forcing you to. Maybe I'll unblock you later, if you've learned. See ya."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:55:52 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90931 on: March 31, 2015, 10:38:59 pm »

Earlier today, my Mom is possessed by fits of shakiness and uneasiness, and is convinced that she's having a heart attack (or something), I drive her to a redi med, who agree that something is wrong but they're *not sure what*. My mom is now transported to a proper hospital and being held overnight so a cardiologist can do a real examination.

I'm now taking care of my 13yr sister alone at home. She brings one of her friends over, who's just the cutest little button you've ever seen, but that first impression is quickly spoiled by the fact that apparently she's a little cunt who flips me the bird every time I talk to her, and just recently slugged a quarter into the back of my head and then flipped me off. I want to be nice...

I'm currently this very moment, compelled to think about the time last year when a blackout hit the city, and I was driving in the middle of the night and mistaken sped through an intersection as there were no lights or anything to warn me, and I almost hit a pickup truck in the process. It's just another of those moments that makes my whole body tense thinking about, like that was just another moment where I could've died or fucked up my life just over something fucking stupid, and I'm dwelling on it again more than a year after the fact.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90932 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:55 pm »

I don't much like being online when some of my friends are.
Then don't. Many programs allow you to appear to be offline even while you're using them. You can even chat or play with specific people, if you initiate the connection. Or you can do as Descan said and just block people you don't want to deal with.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90933 on: March 31, 2015, 11:38:10 pm »

[COLD SYMPTOMS INTENSIFY]

Fucking hell, Winter hasn't even gotten started yet. :-/
I must have caught this off someone. Guess I'll have to walk to the pharmacy and get some stuff to make it better.
At least it's only wednesday, so I have a couple of days to get well.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90934 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:34 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:29:54 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90935 on: April 01, 2015, 06:46:09 am »

Well I think I am just going to control things a bit more.

Just shutting down today, and when I wake up it will be tomorrow and yesterday just won't exist.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #90936 on: April 01, 2015, 07:10:41 am »

not doing well

it may realistically be another year before I can go to grad school

:(. Good luck.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #90937 on: April 01, 2015, 07:26:34 am »

I had fucking terrible nightmares last night. Guess that's lots of us.
The only thing BFEL still considers a nightmare is "bathroom is flooded/unusable and have to go" dreams. Oh god those are terrible. Everything else is just meh.
Ok, addendum to this. The only thing BFEL still considers a nightmare is the above and the one I had last night where I felt totally fine with throwing my dreamsister into an oven to murder her. And also attempting to lure another dreamsister to the same fate.

Thanks dream, now I'm scared of myself.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90938 on: April 01, 2015, 07:49:14 am »

I was going to brew a pot of tea, but all my teaspoons are in the dishwasher, which is currently on. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #90939 on: April 01, 2015, 08:53:15 am »

I'm going to get a B this semester. The class in question is my Homer class. Now, I love my Homer prof to bits, we get along very well (it's a small classics department, bordering on incestuous), but jesus he's a hard grader. Pretty much everyone in the class nearly flunked the second test- I got a mid C and it was the second-highest grade- and he has a policy that you can drop a test by writing a B-quality essay about something relating to Homer. Problem is, it was due a week from the second test...during a very busy week...and I had a crap thesis that sounded easy to write about but that I just couldn't pull together. I eventually biked home from the library last night, in a thunderstorm, went to sleep and decided "you know, a B in one class will not be the end of the world."

And you know what? It won't be. I'll work my ass off the rest of the semester- only three more weeks of real class following this- and make my peace with it. And then it'll be summer and I'll have a hundred glorious days of deciding what productive means for me, and then I'll go to Russia. And then Portugal. And it will be glorious.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90940 on: April 01, 2015, 10:14:09 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:29:48 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90941 on: April 01, 2015, 10:23:09 am »

I took my other test. Probably could've studied more, there was lots of questions I wasn't sure about. Don't think I did bad enough to fail. Didn't get an A either probably.

Well, at least the rest of my week will be easy. Probably. And my grades probably won't suffer too much from these tests. Maybe.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90942 on: April 01, 2015, 01:53:01 pm »

That bay12 doesn't have a richi mahjong community.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90943 on: April 01, 2015, 01:53:58 pm »

oh my god another night of Not Sleep kill me now

I'm so tired :<
:< I hope life takes it easy today
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90944 on: April 01, 2015, 02:00:21 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:29:41 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 6061 6062 [6063] 6064 6065 ... 8167