Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6058 6059 [6060] 6061 6062 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434253 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90885 on: March 30, 2015, 10:45:41 pm »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:31:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90886 on: March 30, 2015, 10:50:11 pm »

Apparently me being upset, and the reasoning to me being upset, isn't ok and she is upset with me and thinks I hate her.
I'm only upset because she doesn't seem to ever want to share church life with me and she never seems to make any attempt at doing anything for me.
I'd bend over backwards for her.

But apparently I have no reason to be upset.
The woes of high school relationship 1 of 1.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90887 on: March 30, 2015, 10:59:30 pm »

something something I feel bad for you son something something got 99 problems but luftballoons ain't one.

Wait. shit. Got my references mixed up.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90888 on: March 30, 2015, 11:07:26 pm »

something something I feel bad for you son something something got 99 problems but luftballoons ain't one.

German song right?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #90889 on: March 30, 2015, 11:08:25 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:43:39 pm by penguinofhonor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #90890 on: March 30, 2015, 11:17:09 pm »

I have visceral murder and torture nightmares fairly often, though usually only during high-stress periods. Otherwise it's just "and then a skeleton popped out".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90891 on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:42 pm »

so spoopy
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #90892 on: March 30, 2015, 11:22:45 pm »

I'll hop onto the nightmare train. Lots of viscera, which usually isn't much of a problem to me, but when it's me that's making the stuff come out...
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90893 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:17 pm »

Rape (2013), torture (1993), and most notably what seemed to be an attempted personality overwrite (2008-2010).
* 4maskwolf has added more unknown people to the list of "humans" (if they can be called that) the world could do without

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with these "humans".
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:29:26 pm by 4maskwolf »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90894 on: March 30, 2015, 11:23:31 pm »

German song right?
Mix between that and this. I thought it was funny.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90895 on: March 30, 2015, 11:24:34 pm »

Eh, mine are mostly deep worry. Sometimes there'll be hints of what's gonna eat me - tentacles, giant hands, shadowy figures, whatever. But mostly an intense feeling of being watched by something immeasurably stronger than me that's just biding its time, people disappearing as soon as they cease to be focused on and me picking up on that, and sudden transitions from other subjects. Can't even have a good sexy dream anymore, those have a habit of going this direction - those tend to be the only time it's a jump scare, but quickly transition into the more usual nightmare as I try to hide.

Anyway, bed time! bluhbluhbluh
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #90896 on: March 30, 2015, 11:27:10 pm »

Bit of a preface: My manager at work is a pretty kool kat. He's from LA (westerners are pretty rare in Georgia), and he's a genuinely funny guy. He's got a hella dry sense of humour, and I could roll with it so we worked well together.

After a while, a new waitress started working. The waitress and my manager quickly realized that the other waitstaff were nosy as fuck, and so devised a plan to confuse them by acting as flirtatious as possible. I thought that shit was hilarious, and after a while I stopped paying attention to whatever antics they got up to.

In an unrelated incedent, my boss was on a rampage because someone was stealing chips and juice w/o paying, so she had been going through our video footage to find the culprit and fire the fuck out of them.

Well, I come into work today, and while i'm clocking in the cook I was relieving told me that my manager got fired like two hours ago. I was surprised, and the first thing I think is that he was the one stealing food, which doesn't really make any sense (my manager was super anal about paying for things, and always got onto waitstaff and everyone else about paying for shit). I hear a rumour from a waitress that he had been "inappropriately touching" the waitress I mentioned earlier. Of course, I think she's full of shit (waitstaff is notoriously full of shit), and the cook says that my boss will probably come tell me anyway.

Fast forward to closing, and the barista comes and tells me what had happened. Apparently, while looking through footage my boss discovered that what had started out as fake flirting had started turning really one sided (as in my manager would smack her ass and shit and she was very much not into it). Come to find out that she had attempted to draw a line, and he didn't really listen (OOC for him, he usually respects the limits that the waitresses set). Waitress feels rather ambivalent towards the whole thing (meaning she doesn't feel like sueing the balls of my manager), so he just ends up getting fired.

TL;DR a manager I was pretty good friends with at work turned out to have an abusive streak, and he got fired for it. This is really surprising to me, and it kinda colours all my interactions with him in a more negative light.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90897 on: March 31, 2015, 12:18:22 am »

The carpark I use for university appears to be closing down, which means I'll probably need to find a new, further-away park. The owners have removed all the signs and the pay-booth-whatsit. Free parking for the time being, at least.

horrendousness snip
Bloody hell. That's a lot to recover from. I'd say something encouraging but I'm bad at that.

And here I am whining about having to walk a minute or so extra each day :P.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90898 on: March 31, 2015, 12:51:10 am »

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:31:15 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90899 on: March 31, 2015, 12:58:06 am »

Huzzah!

I mean

not the relapse part

the feeling better part

._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6058 6059 [6060] 6061 6062 ... 8167