Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6034 6035 [6036] 6037 6038 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435318 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90525 on: March 25, 2015, 09:31:11 am »

Y'know, I actually was about to post 2edgy4me response, but then I realised I actually have a sad. So that's a thing.

Anyway, I'm in a completely terrible mood, after far too much talking with someone I, shall we say, dislike. Apologies in advance if I end up snapping at anybody.

Cheers.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #90526 on: March 25, 2015, 09:59:38 am »

Reluctant to post at all after the lovely thing that happened last time.

"You're not being discriminated against, you're paranoid." Blah blah blah:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/03/25/no-gays-allowed-now-legal-in-indiana.html

I've been saying this for years. Here's the logic blowing up "religious freedom" to be mean to gays, etc:

If you are religious and want to disassociate from people practicing "sins" as per your religion, then you'd do it for all sins, or at least the major ones.
If there is a reason to favor shunning one "sin" over another, then that would be the one sin is more severe than the other....

Alright, maybe you'd place special value on the stuff literally written in stone instead of the obscure passage in leviticus among all the other things you don't do anymore like mixed thread clothing, shellfish, and pork bans?

So, these people in Indiana and all over if we're honest, who are now posting the not racist the "no coloreds allowed" signs, excuse me, I mean the not homophobic "no gays allowed" signs, are an interesting bunch....

See, evidently, those businesses would still serve say, adulterers, and lairs. They'd serve ex convicts who went to prison for theft (i.e. stealing). And presumably they'd serve somebody a hamburger who served a long sentence for manslaughter or murder who got out of prison.... Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife; thou shalt not kill; etc, etc. Not like they're written in stone or anything....

Magnificent.... Perhaps there is no logical inconsistency there after all?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90527 on: March 25, 2015, 10:03:21 am »

Edit: Yegads, Trueaninja
I think there's a fair few businesses who'd hang the "no murderers please" sign if they were willing to risk it.
But with most murderers, you can't really tell unless you have an intricate knowledge of prison tats and the ability to tell if someone's a faker at a glance (in which case logic dictates you wouldn't have a problem with convicts.)
The point I'm making here isn't that gay people should Have to hide their gayness, but more the ludicrousness of them putting up a sign banning an abstract. It's not like they have a sign saying "no flamboyance", so the most fabulous heterosexual could waltz in there, making everyone uncomfortable. "What's that sir you want me to prove my ungayness? Sure, Lend me your wife then, seeing as nothing is sacred."
On the other side of the table there's the gay men who don't fit the stereotype and would be completely indistinguishable, along with lesbians, who as with all women are infinitely complex and mystifying. Who's gonna say that they're gay, unless they proceed to start making out right there, which honestly can squick some people regardless of gender.
The whole situation is hilarious to me, and I haven't even clicked the link yet.

Y'know, I actually was about to post 2edgy4me response, but then I realised I actually have a sad. So that's a thing.

Anyway, I'm in a completely terrible mood, after far too much talking with someone I, shall we say, dislike. Apologies in advance if I end up snapping at anybody.

Cheers.
I wanna hear the story on this "dislike". Love gone bad? Betrayal? They harsh your mellow? Or y'all just don't get eachother?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:14:49 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90528 on: March 25, 2015, 10:19:44 am »

People love to blame their problems on any group that isn't their own. Using religion for it is just an excuse, I think.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90529 on: March 25, 2015, 10:24:36 am »

Cheers.
Not one good night's sleep this week. All because I forgot my meds for this side pain when I went home for Spring Break. And not one person has had time to take me back down to retrieve them. Guess I'll be going into next quarter already burnt out...

*Hugs everyone*   :(
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:23:39 am by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #90530 on: March 25, 2015, 10:28:08 am »

Sorry people are bein' such shits.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90531 on: March 25, 2015, 10:52:03 am »

Well, the highlight of my week changed today. Power flickered a couple times in quick succession and now the family computer won't turn on. I could honestly care less, but now I get to listen to my dad bitch about how his heart and soul is gone when he gets home. Hurrah.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90532 on: March 25, 2015, 10:55:32 am »

My mood is absolutely goddamn terrible. I think I'm at a breaking point. I can't do this shit anymore. I just don't want to do this stupid shit anymore.

Really would like to just stop existing right about now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90533 on: March 25, 2015, 11:10:01 am »

I disagree with the comparisons between homophobia and racism. Homophobia is in some ways worse, because at least racism has an immoral logic to it.

If you kill the jews and take their gold you'll be richer
If you make black people work for you for no pay ypu'll be richer
If you turn away paying customers... ????????
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90534 on: March 25, 2015, 11:24:55 am »

Agh, I'm sorry. I always muck up things.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90535 on: March 25, 2015, 12:42:19 pm »

I just caught up on like three pages of this, blurgh ):
I'm sad that so many people are having really hard times, and I really hope things get better.  I'd try to offer advice but I'd probably fuck it up again somehow, so I'm just offering moral support.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90537 on: March 25, 2015, 01:35:49 pm »

What I meat to say when I was being an omniloathing fuck last night is that for some reasons I had a mental breakdown in the middle of the night about how disappoiinting everyone and everything is. As I expected, nobody gives a fuck. They never did and I have no idea why anyone would give a damn now. The cavalry never fucking arrives to help, and when they do they have to waste time bartering for shit while I'm getting my village raided by fucking bandits.

I'm going to be surprised if there even exist a living being that isn't so apathetic and useless.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90538 on: March 25, 2015, 01:44:45 pm »

Wow. So cruelly snubbed when I went out of my way to care.
This is why I am so jaded.

Edit: Tell me you didn't have an emotional breakdown over a computer game.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:46:59 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90539 on: March 25, 2015, 01:46:15 pm »

You shits were just making jokes and never taking me seriously.

Why the fuck am I even on here? This place just shows me how despicable humans are even more.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 6034 6035 [6036] 6037 6038 ... 8167