Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6029 6030 [6031] 6032 6033 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435209 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90450 on: March 23, 2015, 09:27:33 pm »

I'd rather not suffer the colossal failure, myself. If failure comes, I'd rather it happen after I'm gone. Then they'd hope it happens after they're gone. And so on, postponing the apocalypse!
Personally, I hope the apocalypse happens tomorrow.
It'd give me an excuse to kill all the people I hate and try to meet up with friends I never see, so really the lack of wifi isn't a huge loss.
Killing people is a risky business. I wouldn't want to live somewhere where people feel free to shoot at each other.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #90451 on: March 23, 2015, 09:47:33 pm »

I'd rather not suffer the colossal failure, myself. If failure comes, I'd rather it happen after I'm gone. Then they'd hope it happens after they're gone. And so on, postponing the apocalypse!
It'd give me an excuse to kill all the people I hate and try to meet up with friends I never see, so really the lack of wifi isn't a huge loss.
Killing people is a risky business. I wouldn't want to live somewhere where people feel free to shoot at each other.
haha, uh, don't come to south georgia then

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90452 on: March 23, 2015, 10:07:34 pm »

That's the thing: in this hypothetical situation, the apocalypse is goin' down. Nobody's gonna be living anywhere for long. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90453 on: March 23, 2015, 10:19:28 pm »

First rule of fights: Just because you can beat them doesn't mean they can't beat you.
Who said anything about fighting? I'm an evil mastermind. I won't even need to touch them~

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #90454 on: March 23, 2015, 10:21:48 pm »

That's the thing: in this hypothetical situation, the apocalypse is goin' down. Nobody's gonna be living anywhere for long. :P
Depends on what's meant by apocalypse. In any case, not a situation I'd wish for.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90455 on: March 23, 2015, 10:30:02 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:02:33 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90456 on: March 23, 2015, 10:44:53 pm »

The first thing I'd do is GTFO of Toledo before I get turned into a chair or something. Then I'd do this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90457 on: March 23, 2015, 10:51:12 pm »

The first thing I'd do is GTFO of Toledo before I get turned into a chair or something. Then I'd do this:

Why would you flee Toledo in event of an apocalypse? There's nothing left here for one to hit.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90458 on: March 23, 2015, 10:51:34 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That there's a funny lookin' bullseye, boy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90459 on: March 23, 2015, 10:53:43 pm »

The name's there. Zombies flock to places that are designated as important by living humans as divulged by their possessing a name.

Also, in the event of an apocalypse, note that many bay12 members live hundreds of miles from one another.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90460 on: March 23, 2015, 10:55:52 pm »

First rule of fights: Just because you can beat them doesn't mean they can't beat you.
Heh, that's sure the case in DND.  Particularly in our campaign, recently.  My best friend just lost another die of HP from dying in the first round.
Which is, actually, kinda a sad for me.  Maybe because I *always* play support characters, except this time...  My most recent support character got pulverized by random chance in his first session.  Which I don't mind, particularly since it was a (technically literally) epic death, but I chose to take control of his cohort...  An incredibly effective swordmistress who can kill, but not protect.

And in the next session, she bluffed the enemies as the wizard died.  Then used shadow powers to hide behind walls - resulting in our barbearian (sic) being knocked unconscious.  He would have died too except that we were fighting merciful holy clerics.

She won the day for the party, but...  I'm used to being able to cast Heal and Restoration, and summon things to distract and take hits.  Being a flashstepping sword-dancer is fun and all, but... stupidly... I feel a little guilty.

It's an insecurity thing, not actual benevolence...  I'm far more comfortable being relied on than vice versa.  And suddenly I'm no longer providing the expected support, and that scares me.
In one of my first DnD games, our cleric was a self-righteous jerk that refused to heal people unless they could prove they really needed it.
He never healed us a single time, and then he "accidentally" got permanently shape-shifted into a bear.
I had a wand of remove curse that could easily undo it, but since, being a bear, he wasn't able to explain why he really needed to be turned back into a cleric, I didn't change him back.

When the campaign ended, his character simply wandered off into the forest, never to be heard from again.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90461 on: March 23, 2015, 11:06:38 pm »

Why would you flee Toledo in event of an apocalypse? There's nothing left here for one to hit.

I'm not a local. I'd be willing to take the risk of travelling if it meant being on familiar territory again, especially to a rural forested place like my home town. Besides, I'm surrounded on three sides by the most dangerous parts of the city, anarchy isn't going to help things any.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90462 on: March 23, 2015, 11:07:35 pm »

I know, it's just a recurring joke around here that they could film a zombie movie just by adding a color filter.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90463 on: March 24, 2015, 12:11:00 am »

I seriously worry about what would happen in the case of a societal collapse/nuclear bombardment of Australia.
Queensland (For those who don't know) is basically the melting pot of culture. If we were to disintegrate into nomadic tribes it's quite possible that the people you meet on the street wouldn't speak a lot of English.
It's not normally a problem when you order food or go for a job interview, but if I had a terrified person pointing a pistol at me and shouting at me in mandarin/indian/tongan/malay/korean/texan/swahili I'd be so screwed.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90464 on: March 24, 2015, 12:36:30 am »

I seriously worry about what would happen in the case of a societal collapse/nuclear bombardment of Australia.
Queensland (For those who don't know) is basically the melting pot of culture. If we were to disintegrate into nomadic tribes it's quite possible that the people you meet on the street wouldn't speak a lot of English.
It's not normally a problem when you order food or go for a job interview, but if I had a terrified person pointing a pistol at me and shouting at me in mandarin/indian/tongan/malay/korean/texan/swahili I'd be so screwed.
>texan
I laughed way too hard at this.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6029 6030 [6031] 6032 6033 ... 8167