Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6028 6029 [6030] 6031 6032 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434070 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90435 on: March 23, 2015, 12:58:23 pm »

Done with the first day back to college after spring break and oh gooooooood I need another break I'm not nearly refreshed enough for this shit.

There must be something I'm missing in my life or something, I am just never happy about what I'm doing. "High school will be one of the best times of your life." It sucked. "College will be different, you'll be more independent and classes will be more interesting. You'll find what you want to do with your life." I'm more independent but it still sucks. And I still haven't found what I want to do with my life. "Once you get a job and start making money you'll feel more positive." No, any job I can possibly think of getting sounds like it will suck. No amount of money will change that.

I am just inherently dissatisfied and unhappy.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #90436 on: March 23, 2015, 12:59:52 pm »

The world's last competent statesman has died. The Internet prefers to bark itself hoarse over Ted Cruz.

America's damned.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90437 on: March 23, 2015, 01:35:30 pm »

Lee Kuan Yew, FJ?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90438 on: March 23, 2015, 03:01:23 pm »

Today is officially the worst day of my life.
I challenged God, and he responded by ripping out my heart and stomping on it.
I'm so close to finishing it all right here.
I've got what goes on the note planned out, the deed itself even.
This world doesn't deserve someone like me, I've figured that much out.
My existance itself is a hopeless endeavour, and that was revealed to me today in force.
There is simply no reason for me to be here. I'm useless in this world, there is nobody out there that needs me.
I'm just spending my days, consuming food, oxygen, water, hoping one day, I'll be useful, but there just isn't anything.
I find it hard to believe anyone will truly miss me. Everyone will put on their sad faces so as to not look inconsiderate, but i'm not leaving anyone who truly cares about me behind.
I'm so sick of having my heart and hope torn apart. I understand the whole thing now, that this is the only event that I will never escape from.
I'm just a fool. An idiot holding on to stupid dreams that will never be realized.
There just isn't a point to it all anymore, though I doubt there ever was to start with.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90439 on: March 23, 2015, 03:04:42 pm »

Today is officially the worst day of my life.
I challenged God, and he responded by ripping out my heart and stomping on it.
I'm so close to finishing it all right here.
I've got what goes on the note planned out, the deed itself even.
This world doesn't deserve someone like me, I've figured that much out.
My existance itself is a hopeless endeavour, and that was revealed to me today in force.
There is simply no reason for me to be here. I'm useless in this world, there is nobody out there that needs me.
I'm just spending my days, consuming food, oxygen, water, hoping one day, I'll be useful, but there just isn't anything.
I find it hard to believe anyone will truly miss me. Everyone will put on their sad faces so as to not look inconsiderate, but i'm not leaving anyone who truly cares about me behind.
I'm so sick of having my heart and hope torn apart. I understand the whole thing now, that this is the only event that I will never escape from.
I'm just a fool. An idiot holding on to stupid dreams that will never be realized.
There just isn't a point to it all anymore, though I doubt there ever was to start with.
Shut up and wait a week. You'll change your mind. It'd be awfully sad if you just offed yourself the moment you got a random bout of depression.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:08:14 pm by MagmaMcFry »

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90440 on: March 23, 2015, 03:12:19 pm »

I'm not actually going to do all that. I just needed to vent. Hardcore.

This friendship that has been tearing me apart. I've just broken it off.
It feels so wrong telling my best friend, who I don't even have any qualms with, that we aren't friends anymore, but it needed to be done, for me and for her.

I only hope I've made the right decision, but I think I have. This was long overdue.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90441 on: March 23, 2015, 03:13:05 pm »

The world's last competent statesman has died. The Internet prefers to bark itself hoarse over Ted Cruz.

America's damned.
Hey, Merkel and Schmidt are still alive and kickin'!

Well, Schmidt isn't exactly kickin', but he could blow smoke in your face or something, I guess.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90442 on: March 23, 2015, 04:30:12 pm »

I personally see myself as useless, but I'm quite willing to survive and stuck around in the hopes I'll see Da Future.
I think it's gonna be great, or a colossal failure, and if I'm lucky it'll all start happening in my lifetime.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #90443 on: March 23, 2015, 05:12:32 pm »

Done with the first day back to college after spring break and oh gooooooood I need another break I'm not nearly refreshed enough for this shit.

There must be something I'm missing in my life or something, I am just never happy about what I'm doing. "High school will be one of the best times of your life." It sucked. "College will be different, you'll be more independent and classes will be more interesting. You'll find what you want to do with your life." I'm more independent but it still sucks. And I still haven't found what I want to do with my life. "Once you get a job and start making money you'll feel more positive." No, any job I can possibly think of getting sounds like it will suck. No amount of money will change that.

I am just inherently dissatisfied and unhappy.
I've felt the same way for a few years.

Is there any possibility of seeing a counselor?  Like through the school or your health insurance?  I've started recently and it seems to be helping.

Beyond that... I think a lot of our generation (defining that vaguely since you're probably ~3 years younger than me) are feeling that way at this point in our lives.  Its true, whatever job you get after graduation probably won't be happiness and rainbows.  I'd just forget about all that, I mean still try to set yourself up for a better job or whatever, but don't pin your happiness on it.  Focus on making yourself happy now because if you don't do it now you won't do it later.  I'd give you more specific advice but I'm not sure why specifically college sucks for you.  Or if you actually want advice.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90444 on: March 23, 2015, 05:20:07 pm »

I felt like that until a couple of months ago when I got my current job which I actually like. I've worked a lot of different jobs before and they didn't make me feel any better so I was starting to accept that life just has to suck, but turns out I was wrong. It took me until I was 30 though, hope you turn a page sooner. My advice is to just figure out what you really want to do and jump right into it, caution be damned.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #90445 on: March 23, 2015, 05:29:08 pm »

Personally I didn't find what I wanted to do until about halfway through college. College is the time when you find out what you want to do, but that isn't some magical thing that happens on it's own. Try out a bunch of different topics till you find one you like, then go with that. If it doesn't turn out well, then pick a different one and go with that. Fact of the matter is that the majority of college students change their majors at least a couple of times before they settle down into the one they graduate in. Nobody tells you that unless you go in as undecided though, so it's your job to try out as many different elective fields as you can early until you figure out what it is that you enjoy.

(Or barring that pick a field that you don't hate and that makes good money, then spend your life enjoying your weekends, vacations, and evenings to the fullest. Not everything can be made into a career, and going that route instead of the "do what you love" one is still a totally viable option).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #90446 on: March 23, 2015, 06:31:31 pm »

I'd give you more specific advice but I'm not sure why specifically college sucks for you.  Or if you actually want advice.
Meh, I was venting. Advice isn't unappreciated but so far it's all pretty much what I've heard in the past.

I don't really know why college "sucks" for me, it's just....not fun. Not a happy experience. So far. Maybe it'll somehow get better. But I'm not betting on it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #90447 on: March 23, 2015, 07:20:59 pm »

I don't really know why college "sucks" for me, it's just....not fun. Not a happy experience. So far. Maybe it'll somehow get better. But I'm not betting on it.
Can relate to much of this notion. College/university is basically hyped up to be the greatest party of your life, and while there is indeed some partying going on, what people DON'T tell you about is exactly how much work there is in between the happy times. Whether you find that to be dull or not depends on you (and/or the subject), but generally it's pretty overhyped, if you ask me. My fellow students are generally wonderful people (and for that i am grateful), but the educational system that we're all stuck in is... Not perfect. Far from perfect. Unfortunately, until the politicians up high clench their sweet and tender buttocks tight and magically make things better, we just have to deal with it in the ways that we can, since the alternative to not getting an education is generally worse. :/
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90448 on: March 23, 2015, 09:08:09 pm »

I'd rather not suffer the colossal failure, myself. If failure comes, I'd rather it happen after I'm gone. Then they'd hope it happens after they're gone. And so on, postponing the apocalypse!
Personally, I hope the apocalypse happens tomorrow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90449 on: March 23, 2015, 09:13:08 pm »

I'd rather not suffer the colossal failure, myself. If failure comes, I'd rather it happen after I'm gone. Then they'd hope it happens after they're gone. And so on, postponing the apocalypse!
Personally, I hope the apocalypse happens tomorrow.
It'd give me an excuse to kill all the people I hate and try to meet up with friends I never see, so really the lack of wifi isn't a huge loss.
Pages: 1 ... 6028 6029 [6030] 6031 6032 ... 8167