Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6025 6026 [6027] 6028 6029 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435532 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90390 on: March 22, 2015, 04:08:48 pm »

Roofing accident, handled shittily by her parents. Best follow her link rather than revisit it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90391 on: March 22, 2015, 05:14:37 pm »

* Orange Wizard hands Truean a cup of tea.

You have my e-condolences. Also, I really hope those headaches don't turn into something nasty... er.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90392 on: March 22, 2015, 05:39:04 pm »

...Also you're not a demon. Whatever even brought that idea about? And why does it label you? ???
One of my church leaders started telling people I'm a demon in disguise after I went to ask him for help with something...
* Objective starts worshiping Kal
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90393 on: March 22, 2015, 07:28:20 pm »

You know, I'd be down with that. Any chance we could nail her to a cross or something though? I'm a bit of a creature of habit, I'm afraid.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #90394 on: March 22, 2015, 07:50:22 pm »

@Truean - On the other hand you now have weather sensing super powers.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90395 on: March 22, 2015, 08:09:36 pm »

Maybe. There are probably less painful ways to figure out what the weather is going to be today, though. That's what we pay weather forecasters for; their pain, our gain.

Which means you can give up on lawyering and become the best weather forecaster ever! You don't even have to give up the angry customers!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90396 on: March 22, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »

Yay Truean's still here :D

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #90397 on: March 22, 2015, 08:49:24 pm »

Goddammit why is FairyTail.tv not working anymore :(

I want to see more of mah show...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #90398 on: March 22, 2015, 08:56:34 pm »

but... I like sunless sea :(
Yeah, so do I. (Except for the whole "Go off the map and die" thing that ended my first two runs. My third one is doing so much better!)
Also, I really like playing it with the Wind Waker sailing music in the background!

I just always feel so alone...

And are you trying to see a psychologist?
Yeah, I'm visiting a third, but she is really busy a lot, so I can't see her again for another month.
((I believe yer lucky with Sunless Sea ;3 Many of us don't have it))

Also, in that aspect, why not visit the ones you visited before? There are a TON of ways to get around a conversation! And given the...troubles I hear on your part, it does seem like your problems may stem from trust issues ._.
That, and don't give up lass! You've helped a ton of people! Don't give into self-doubt! :D

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90399 on: March 22, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

@Tru

I'd like to say 'Take a few days of not giving a shit, and not taking people's shit and see how it suits you', but obviously that can have some pretty major and life-changing effects if you do.
So, better option, change country.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #90400 on: March 22, 2015, 09:27:46 pm »

I have a toothache. The only thing that seems to help the pain is taking so much aspirin and advil that it causes gastrointestinal issues.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #90401 on: March 22, 2015, 09:28:10 pm »

@Kal
I'd like to chime in that LDS is pretty insane in the apocryphal membrane, so you might consider pulling the eject cord on those shenanigans as soon as possible

but, you know, take whatever I say with a grain of salt except for this: i'm really glad you're back kal, please don't leave. If you have steam I'd be willing to chat whenever.

-

on an unrelated note jiminy crickets I fucking hate people sometimes

man no fucking kidding you have class and a job oh my god how do you manage it you know this does give you carte blanch to cry at work and get super pissy all day. I don't know how you even managed what with the fact that you and your kid are fully supported by your parents.

Basically, the people who never had to deal with obstacles in life (being bullied in high school, family troubles, etc.) are coming apart at the seams because they're hitting these really minute hurdles. They need to get some frick fracking perspective and quit shitting up everybody else's day with their rich white people problems.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90402 on: March 22, 2015, 09:30:13 pm »

Invalidating other people's problems?

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90403 on: March 22, 2015, 09:30:34 pm »

DISCLAIMER: This originally sounded like a sad post but ended up a rage post when I rewrote it to make more sense.

I hate being an emotionally volatile teenager.
It takes nothing to send me off into some dark depression or raging anger.
Like, literally nothing.
I see one of my friends got baptized on Facebook.
Sounds like a reason to feel like shit the rest of the night.
But WHY!?!
I wouldn't hate this so much if I just GOT it.

I know exactly freaking why this bugs me so much, but I don't know how to put it into words so it's as good say telling myself this is all for no reason.
It's not just the religious bit here bugging me. Religion by itself doesn't.
But religion and her at the same time.
We've been friends for a really long time, like, besties. And she was never really religious, at least on the outside, for years.
And in the last couple, she's converted totally.
Maybe if I wasn't some petty douchebag this wouldn't annoy me so much, but I feel as if this whole ordeal is driving a wedge between us.

It also probably isn't helping the situation that I'm madly in love with her and she cites my not being of the same faith as her reason for not feeling the same.

It also doesn't help that I had the chance to actually elevate the relationship a few years ago, before all this started happening, but I blew that like some sort of idiot.

And so I find myself, in the middle of a hormone induced bipolarity attack, questioning the point of even trying to live a life, just so I can graduate school, and work every day at a job I hate, alone as usual. I don't buy into the whole, "You can do whatever you want if you work at it crap." Maybe that makes me an idiot, or a hardcore pessimist, or both, but I just don't get life. Why does anyone want to live it? Statistically, there are 7 billion other people ready to pick up whatever little slack I leave behind. I feel like the only thing keeping me around is a fear of what lies on the other side, or perhaps a hope that she'll change her mind about us.

I'll admit, I don't lead a particularly horrible life, and it's entirely possible heaven, hell, or whatever I get reincarnated into is worse, but I definitely wouldn't mind being sociopathic right about now, and tomorrow, and the next day.

This entire everything could just be resolved if I could shake off these feelings towards her, I know it. But I've had then for far too long to just cast them off like a broken flip-flop.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90404 on: March 22, 2015, 09:31:50 pm »

I have a toothache. The only thing that seems to help the pain is taking so much aspirin and advil that it causes gastrointestinal issues.

Unless you have something important to do, the best way of dealing with that sort of situation on a temporary basis (obviously, dentistry is the proper answer, but not always immediately available) is to use a mixture of heat treatment and Advil to reduce the pain, and take the short window of relief to get drawn into a book or relatively mild video game that draws you in well. Since the pain (in my experience) comes back quite gradually, if you're focused enough on something, you won't notice until you make the mistake of poking at it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 6025 6026 [6027] 6028 6029 ... 8167