Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6012 6013 [6014] 6015 6016 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435528 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #90195 on: March 18, 2015, 04:58:55 pm »

I just want to have someone accept me and still care about me... Is that too much to ask?
Yes.

No?

Crap, I don't know. But the folks 'round here care about you, so make of that what you will.
+1
I know it may not seem like much, but we here do care about you, Kal.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90196 on: March 18, 2015, 05:16:52 pm »

Oh my god why is it that no matter how much I eat for breakfast I still get hungry.

Dammit body you don't even need that much food.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #90197 on: March 18, 2015, 05:23:07 pm »

I just want to have someone accept me and still care about me... Is that too much to ask?
Yes.

No?

Crap, I don't know. But the folks 'round here care about you, so make of that what you will.
Indeed. I wish there was more we could do for you Kal, but I'll always make time to talk if you need to.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #90198 on: March 18, 2015, 05:46:48 pm »

Pretty much what everyone else said, Kal. I'd try to say it myself, but I'd probably just screw it up.
Still, if you need someone to talk to, I'm usually available.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90199 on: March 18, 2015, 08:37:13 pm »

Yes.

No?

Indeed. I wish there was more we could do for you Kal, but I'll always make time to talk if you need to.
^This.
^This, again.

I'm not really...sad. I'm just. Kinda unable to post on things, and that makes me kinda sad. The select few RPing threads on here that I'd like to join either have a limit on those who can do so that's already been reached (For example, a Pokemon one that was already full by the time I got to it); or, in a similar scenario, are accepting the best character sheets and I'm left competing for a spot amidst a sea of better and more creative writers. In real life, I'm told by several of my friends and teachers that I excel in literature, but I feel my writing skills are rubbish in comparison to the ones I've seen on here.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90200 on: March 18, 2015, 08:45:41 pm »

Got hit by a kicked ball in the face during PE. Why does the universe need to remind me why I don't like PE every now and then. Also, the dude that kicked it hasn't apologized and apparently doesn't think it's his fault, which pisses me off immensely.
Ummm. Hurting people with your fists, feet, and/or sports equipment is basically the whole point of PE.
Not sure why he'd be expected to apologize.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90201 on: March 18, 2015, 08:58:35 pm »

What the heck kind of PE did you have?
Even in dodgeball, hits above the hips were highly against the rules.  Even back in the 90's.
Heh, I remember throwing a dodgeball at someone who wronged me back in elementary school.  It was a chaotic freeplay on a basketball court, and totally could have been an accident, but he got the invitation.  Neither of us were hurt in the ensuing grapple, but we both got suspended - and both of us saved face.  Him with his friends, me with myself.

Guy had grabbed my book in the lunchroom!

I'm just glad I never got jumped outside of school, like a lot of people are.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90202 on: March 18, 2015, 08:59:42 pm »

Got hit by a kicked ball in the face during PE. Why does the universe need to remind me why I don't like PE every now and then. Also, the dude that kicked it hasn't apologized and apparently doesn't think it's his fault, which pisses me off immensely.
Ummm. Hurting people with your fists, feet, and/or sports equipment is basically the whole point of PE.
Not sure why he'd be expected to apologize.
Full Definition of PHYSICAL EDUCATION

:  instruction in the development and care of the body ranging from simple calisthenic exercises to a course of study providing training in hygiene, gymnastics, and the performance and management of athletic games

I'm afraid Merriam Webster disagrees, given nothing in the definition it has provided even remotely suggests that hurting people is "basically the whole point of PE".
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90203 on: March 18, 2015, 09:03:03 pm »

In this case, I'm afraid Merriam Webster is terribly wrong.

What the heck kind of PE did you have?
Even in dodgeball, hits above the hips were highly against the rules.  Even back in the 90's.
Heh, I remember throwing a dodgeball at someone who wronged me back in elementary school.  It was a chaotic freeplay on a basketball court, and totally could have been an accident, but he got the invitation.  Neither of us were hurt in the ensuing grapple, but we both got suspended - and both of us saved face.  Him with his friends, me with myself.

Guy had grabbed my book in the lunchroom!

I'm just glad I never got jumped outside of school, like a lot of people are.
Sure it was against the rules, but what does that have to do with anything?
I'm glad I went to a good school. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90204 on: March 18, 2015, 09:07:58 pm »

A person I was very interested in but had the gut feeling that it would't work if we tried and has been evasive when similar subjects were brought up finally gave confirmation for yes/no. It was no. And although I expected it, it still caused an emotional break. I'm rather sad right now..

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90205 on: March 18, 2015, 09:09:38 pm »

Comment retracted.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90206 on: March 18, 2015, 09:12:16 pm »

BLARG! well this has so far been my week of depression.

Going on my second week.

Been trying hard not to just be sad to all my friends, I stopped hanging out on the IRC chat I frequent, stopped talking to some of my more inquisitive internet friends (because my real life friends abandoned me).

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90207 on: March 18, 2015, 09:20:16 pm »

A person I was very interested in but had the gut feeling that it would't work if we tried and has been evasive when similar subjects were brought up finally gave confirmation for yes/no. It was no. And although I expected it, it still caused an emotional break. I'm rather sad right now..
Sorry Kevak, but at least you tried.  Better to try and fail and eventually overcome the emotional trauma.  Builds character!  Really
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 11:03:47 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #90208 on: March 18, 2015, 09:22:29 pm »

This is going to be another one of those 'cry myself to sleep' nights
I havnt been this sad since junior high
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90209 on: March 18, 2015, 09:46:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Silly middle school drama. Ignore me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:48:56 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Pages: 1 ... 6012 6013 [6014] 6015 6016 ... 8167