Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5979 5980 [5981] 5982 5983 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441020 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89700 on: March 08, 2015, 10:07:15 am »

uTorrent latest update puts bitcoin mining software on computers.

Y'know, for all you other Totally Not Pirates out there.

Does this mean anything particularly bad? I haven't followed anything bit-coin do I don't know much about it.

It's bad because it allows the uTorrent people to make money off your electricity. The idea behind mining bitcoin is finding very large primes or solving similar problems; by putting bitcoin mining software in the program, they can use your computer processing power (and the electricity to power that) to make money for them.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89701 on: March 08, 2015, 10:08:12 am »

Use Deluge or something. It's open source so the chances of there being malicious software in there are rather small.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #89702 on: March 08, 2015, 10:22:20 am »

What assholes. I won't let them make money of my back!

* scriver dramatically removes every trace of utorrent
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89703 on: March 08, 2015, 10:56:44 am »

Does this mean anything particularly bad? I haven't followed anything bit-coin do I don't know much about it.

It's bad because it allows the uTorrent people to make money off your electricity. The idea behind mining bitcoin is finding very large primes or solving similar problems; by putting bitcoin mining software in the program, they can use your computer processing power (and the electricity to power that) to make money for them.

they also specifically ask you if you want to install it, and don't install it without your permission.

That said, uTorrent has been going downhill for a while now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89704 on: March 08, 2015, 11:16:48 am »

they also specifically ask you if you want to install it, and don't install it without your permission.

That said, uTorrent has been going downhill for a while now.
Apparently they stopped asking.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89705 on: March 08, 2015, 11:52:41 am »

Aggravating people who play games that may include Wargame:Red Dragon, join a game, and the second things start going badly drop out, leaving the rest of their team to pick up the slack, causing a spiral of disconnects until you have a 1v20.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #89706 on: March 08, 2015, 12:58:18 pm »

Am I posting to much?
     I found out today that someone I love and trust has been actively lieing to me and gossiping
about me and not telling the people gossiped to when they were wrong or misinterpreted the situation.
      I find out that through everything they have been lieing to me constantly.
 I don't think I can be near this person anymore but I love them and want to work things out iv
been trying so extremely hard doing everything asked of me yes I slipped up a few times but I am only
 human just to find they have been intentionally  sabotaging any attempt that would of helped  and then
telling me its my fault I am not doing enough.
     I don't know what to think anyways this is not to be related to anyone or anything I will never do that
again but I just need to explain this side to try and get a perspective with no bias.
    I will not post anymore on here if im posting to much im sorry if I am.
also on a side note how do I quote people?
Sometimes im afraid to reply to someone or post more on one thread because I worry I may be
derailing it im knew here so please let me know if I do such a thing.
    I am also scared to initiate convos or respond to people for if I misunderstand them I don't want to insult anyone.
anyways just posting this helps a lot thanks for making threads like this.
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89707 on: March 08, 2015, 01:10:41 pm »

Personally when the subject of 'cool' comes around, I'm thrown under a blanket of nostalgia for the old days.
I miss those times, when Toonyman was immature enough to be hilarious, but not so immature as to be obnoxious, and WD, Janet, Jackrabbit and Duke ran rampant with it. Any forum topic could spontaneously turn into a dragon slaying RP or something, and there was few enough people that everyone got into it and went along with it. It was less like a forum and more like a clubhouse, with every member getting their profile picture done by Vester, and the whole thing grumpily governed by Aqizzar.
I unfortunately only really 'got big into' the lower boards towards the end of those times, so I mostly watched, annoyed the blazing hell out of everyone and argued passionately with Neruz over Everything, but them were still rather nice days, and if I'm completely honest I reflect on them with more aching sadness and regret than I do my meatspace childhood.

Edit: Thinking on it, I'm assuming a bunch of the old guard would probably have varying reactions to being reminded of those days, but... eh.. it made me sad today.
If it's any consideration, I check the Bay12 forum almost daily by sheer habit. However, I also have almost nothing to say, nor the time to say it. I'm assuming that my life won't slow down for at least a decade, if I don't stop myself. This is being a young adult now...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89708 on: March 08, 2015, 02:00:02 pm »

Am I posting to much?
     I found out today that someone I love and trust has been actively lieing to me and gossiping
about me and not telling the people gossiped to when they were wrong or misinterpreted the situation.
 I don't think I can be near this person anymore but I love them and want to work things out iv
been trying so extremely hard doing everything asked of me yes I slipped up a few times but I am only
 human just to find they have been intentionally  sabotaging any attempt that would of helped  and then
     I don't know what to think anyways this is not to be related to anyone or anything I will never do that
again but I just need to explain this side to try and get a perspective with no bias.
Sometimes im afraid to reply to someone or post more on one thread because I worry I may be
    I am also scared to initiate convos or respond to people for if I misunderstand them I don't want to insult anyone.

There's pretty much no such thing as posting too much. To quote people, look at the top right corner of the post you want to quote. Don't worry too much about derailing threads; if it's an emotion thread, that's pretty much their ground state of being. Also, most people are fairly understanding with regard to internet miscommunication.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89709 on: March 08, 2015, 02:02:58 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:07:10 pm by penguinofhonor »

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #89710 on: March 08, 2015, 02:03:45 pm »

Am I posting to much?

There's pretty much no such thing as posting too much. To quote people, look at the top right corner of the post you want to quote. Don't worry too much about derailing threads; if it's an emotion thread, that's pretty much their ground state of being. Also, most people are fairly understanding with regard to internet miscommunication.

Thanks I feel like giving up right now but I don't want to sound complainy lol.
My Pinterest

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89711 on: March 08, 2015, 02:06:52 pm »

-snip-
Hum :<
While the initial responses to these would be notes of probably abuse or to break off from that person, other ideas would also be that maybe it also could be a misunderstanding on part by the viewer (ie you), or an overreaction. Also no, you're not posting too much--however if it is a personal matter than can be settled amicably between the two of you (ie diplomatic talk, or meet face to face to discuss a: what you saw and how you interpreted it, and b: asking their side and what they think about what they did, and why did they do this, along with listening to them explain their side and taking the notion from their perspective)

--just noting that this is how things are done here in my area, and this often results in an agreeable and happier outcome than...what usually happens when these things arise (in my full experience and knowing many of my classmates and others from families, broken or not).

To quote people, look at the upper right portion of a post--it has the 'Quote' link along with the 'Modify' line--with the latter only appearing if the post is your own (otherwise, its just 'Quote). That adds the quote of the person you're quoting into your reply.
It will look like the below, wherein I borrow ToonyMan.
Code: [Select]
[quote author=ToonyMan link=topic=43236.msg6087344#msg6087344 date=1425838241]
This is how a quoted response will look like
[/quote]
There's also the 'Insert Quote' when making a reply (not a Quick Reply, but a Reply to {Thread}) which does the same function.

You'll be told if that is being done. :P Don't worry much there.
A good way I've found, is to approach it directly instead of assuming like something bad happened.
Like 'Excuse me, but I may be misunderstanding {the idea that I got here}, is this correct?'
If anyone is insulted, it may be known (either by their response...which may be reactionary, or you'll be told so).
Its always good to ensure that your post may be taken in a way that may be misinterpreted, so like what you did right there (in orange), you give detail to what you perceive, may be misinterpreted.
Always leaving space for response is also just as good.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #89712 on: March 08, 2015, 02:11:17 pm »

Oh yeah, the one thing that people do dislike is double posting instead of editing new information in. I thik it's mostly to do with thread readability.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89713 on: March 08, 2015, 02:13:26 pm »

Oh yeah, the one thing that people do dislike is double posting instead of editing new information in. I thik it's mostly to do with thread readability.
That's why the 'Modify' bit is there! :P

Though this is usually not...well, 'disliked', because we're all aware that mistakes happen, and you can't delete your posts and all. Its disliked if you already know that you can do better but still double post...like, intentionally.

Which is strange, rather than being disliked, really.

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #89714 on: March 08, 2015, 02:47:14 pm »

-snip-
Hum :<
While the initial responses to these would be notes of probably abuse or to break off from that person, other ideas would also be that maybe it also could be a misunderstanding on part by the viewer (ie you), or an overreaction. Also no, you're not posting too much--however if it is a personal matter than can be settled amicably between the two of you (ie diplomatic talk, or meet face to face to discuss a: what you saw and how you interpreted it, and b: asking their side and what they think about what they did, and why did they do this, along with listening to them explain their side and taking the notion from their perspective)

--just noting that this is how things are done here in my area, and this often results in an agreeable and happier outcome than...what usually happens when these things arise (in my full experience and knowing many of my classmates and others from families, broken or not).

To quote people, look at the upper right portion of a post--it has the 'Quote' link along with the 'Modify' line--with the latter only appearing if the post is your own (otherwise, its just 'Quote). That adds the quote of the person you're quoting into your reply.
It will look like the below, wherein I borrow ToonyMan.
Code: [Select]
[quote author=ToonyMan link=topic=43236.msg6087344#msg6087344 date=1425838241]
This is how a quoted response will look like
[/quote]
There's also the 'Insert Quote' when making a reply (not a Quick Reply, but a Reply to {Thread}) which does the same function.

You'll be told if that is being done. :P Don't worry much there.
A good way I've found, is to approach it directly instead of assuming like something bad happened.
Like 'Excuse me, but I may be misunderstanding {the idea that I got here}, is this correct?'
If anyone is insulted, it may be known (either by their response...which may be reactionary, or you'll be told so).
Its always good to ensure that your post may be taken in a way that may be misinterpreted, so like what you did right there (in orange), you give detail to what you perceive, may be misinterpreted.
Always leaving space for response is also just as good.

Yea I have been trying that and they admitted to lieing to me and to others and then
never letting the others know what they said was that they were lieing, wrong or misinterpreted them.
     Our counselor has gotten on them for making things out to be so horrible when never
 talking to me about them and that they have a problem that I admit I used to have
 is of having a fairy tail view on how relationships work so when something does not go
their way its blown way out of proportion.
     they seem to always think im going to react a way and then tell others I did without actually talking
 to me.
     I am getting a counseling apt tomorrow to try and work things out more to see if im wrong and
to help him and I understand each other but with the lieing I don't think I can trust them anymore they
have broken so many promise's and continued to do the things they said they wouldn't such as lieing and
 assuming il react in a certain way.
     I want things to work out I love them very much and would do anything
 for them but im done being the bad guy to everyone and their mom.
  Also I am a tad concern I did not edit this enough to make it readable.
    I may not post anymore info because im a privet person and im posting this in hope someone can give
 me advise so I can calm down more to to be able to get to tomorrow because right now im freeking out
and I don't like that and of course advise is very helpful lol thanks for understanding. I understand now the importance of
 venting thanks to you guys  but to have boundary's in place and the other advise has been helpful to.
My Pinterest

Pages: 1 ... 5979 5980 [5981] 5982 5983 ... 8167