Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5926 5927 [5928] 5929 5930 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447385 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88905 on: February 23, 2015, 02:37:11 am »

I thought I was the sage.
But really I was the nihilist.
You just need more burrito in your life burrito.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88906 on: February 23, 2015, 04:26:41 am »

my grandmother has passed away

2015 is a great year in all respects
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #88907 on: February 23, 2015, 05:15:23 am »

My psychologist carefully diagnosed me with schizoidness o.o

(Not to be confused with schizophrenia).
I seriously doubt that. For starters, you're sharing this post on a public forum you frequent to interact with people, have enough of an emotional response to that to share it in the sad thread, and judging from the way you strove for admittance in the US, you're not detached either.

Thus the only set of diagnostic criteria that are left are being a loner, relative asexuality, introspectiveness and lack of interest in forming relationships with people (familial, friendly or physical); since I don't sit in your head, I cannot speak for the last one of these, and the remainder is laughably vague for a diagnostic criterion especially since there's a vast number of people on this forum who fulfill the exact same criteria.

Personality disorders are notoriously easy to misdiagnose, especially since they are deliberately easy to apply, with the idea being that if a patient has a problem, it's better to be able to slap a label on it to deliver help, but causes problems of its own.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #88908 on: February 23, 2015, 06:10:21 am »

Well, wikipedia says there's the secret schizoid which appears to be very normal but isn't! And I think online doesn't count, only offline face to face relationships :/

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88909 on: February 23, 2015, 06:12:51 am »

my grandmother has passed away

2015 is a great year in all respects
Mine is currently on a similar track.
I'm currently deciding whether it would be in poor taste to make 'dead grandmother's funeral' jokes at work.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88910 on: February 23, 2015, 06:28:52 am »

Well, wikipedia says there's the secret schizoid which appears to be very normal but isn't! And I think online doesn't count, only offline face to face relationships :/
Schizoid personality disorder?
...Really?
I am very skeptical about that as a concluding basis.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #88911 on: February 23, 2015, 06:30:01 am »

Covert schizoid seems normal, but to an outsider. It just means the person is deliberately acting like a non-schizoid to others. If you give two shits about anyone, on or offline, you care too much to be a schizoid ;)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #88912 on: February 23, 2015, 06:46:48 am »

I find myself saddened by the lack of Saudi Arabian kool aid man pictures on the internet. You dissappointing me google
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88913 on: February 23, 2015, 07:29:08 am »

More trouble sleeping, I still haven't been able to get this side pain looked at. Oh well, at least I've been able to get some stuff done.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88914 on: February 23, 2015, 11:07:08 am »

The Ontario Government just announed some of the changes to their new updated sex-ed curriculum (last updated in 1998!). Such changes include talking about same sex relationships, masturbation, contraceptives, online saftey, dangers of sexting, and tonnes of other stuff. All in all it's looking like a really needed update, this is good! this is happy! Why am I here? Oh right.
The "protect our children!" outcries "You're going to teach them to do what?" and "this is the liberals pushing their same-sex agenda to make our kids gay!". Also, one of the people who worked on earlier (like, years ago) drafts of this update is currently being tried on child-exploitation charges. So cue the group going "this guy was bad therefore this whole thing is for predators"... I'm trying to raise my children in a sex-positive body-positive world and it's infested with so much blindness. Makes me really sad for the world...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88915 on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:26 am »

I love that even in Canada, where gay marriage has been made legal with absolutely 0 negative consequences, the anti GLBT voice is still not silenced.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #88916 on: February 23, 2015, 12:25:02 pm »

Lost a job today. 2015 is not starting out positive for me. I hope it gets better.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88917 on: February 23, 2015, 12:36:22 pm »

@Truean
the big problem is that they're so friggin' LOUD. We still have a large subset of loud, religioius conservatives. Though they're more and more relegated to rural areas, we have a LOT of rural area.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88918 on: February 23, 2015, 01:30:03 pm »

I thought I was the sage.
But really I was the nihilist.
I think I've been my fair share of nearly all of them. :P

@Skyrunner: Like people said, I really doubt you're a schizoid. The fact that even the idea of being schizoid is bothering you is clear proof that you aren't.
People have accused me of being that way, because in physical life, I tend to not express emotions very well, but like others have said, it's very easy to misdiagnose.

Not sure if counts as "sad", but I think this is the closest place to fitting for it.
I'm going to try to stop calling my physical life the "real life", because that implies that the way I am on the internet isn't real, and that it's either imaginary or fake.
But it's not imaginary. The people I talk to are real people, even though they may be half-way around the world.
It's not fake. I actually care about the people I interact with. I feel closer to many of them than to people I encounter face to face.
If anything, I feel more "real" on here than off, because I don't feel like I'm being judged. I'm always afraid to speak my mind to people, but here I can feel safe to be myself, and express my honest opinions.
I don't really like my physical life all that much, to be honest. It feels artificial.  :-\
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88919 on: February 23, 2015, 01:32:36 pm »

Not sure if counts as "sad", but I think this is the closest place to fitting for it.
I'm going to try to stop calling my physical life the "real life", because that implies that the way I am on the internet isn't real, and that it's either imaginary or fake.
But it's not imaginary. The people I talk to are real people, even though they may be half-way around the world.
It's not fake. I actually care about the people I interact with. I feel closer to many of them than to people I encounter face to face.
If anything, I feel more "real" on here than off, because I don't feel like I'm being judged. I'm always afraid to speak my mind to people, but here I can feel safe to be myself, and express my honest opinions.
I don't really like my physical life all that much, to be honest. It feels artificial.  :-\

'Meatspace' may be a weird/nerdy/whatever term, but there's a reason I use it rather than 'real life'.

Lost a job today. 2015 is not starting out positive for me. I hope it gets better.

:( Good luck.

The Ontario Government just announed some of the changes to their new updated sex-ed curriculum (last updated in 1998!). Such changes include talking about same sex relationships, masturbation, contraceptives, online saftey, dangers of sexting, and tonnes of other stuff. All in all it's looking like a really needed update, this is good! this is happy! Why am I here? Oh right.
The "protect our children!" outcries "You're going to teach them to do what?" and "this is the liberals pushing their same-sex agenda to make our kids gay!". Also, one of the people who worked on earlier (like, years ago) drafts of this update is currently being tried on child-exploitation charges. So cue the group going "this guy was bad therefore this whole thing is for predators"... I'm trying to raise my children in a sex-positive body-positive world and it's infested with so much blindness. Makes me really sad for the world...

Well, at least something good is happening, even if there are a bunch of idiots out there trying to trash it for everyone.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 5926 5927 [5928] 5929 5930 ... 8167