Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5921 5922 [5923] 5924 5925 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448910 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88830 on: February 21, 2015, 03:05:56 pm »

Grandfather died last night. I guess it was probably for the best, as his memory was going in the past few months and he had trouble breathing. I just wish I got to see him before.
I know the pain, my grandmother passed last summer the same way. I couldn't bring myself to visit her for 5-6 months before she passed because it was too hard to see her so far gone. Her mind jumped around times, sometimes I was still a kid to her, sometimes I wasn't even born. She was stubborn though, so she'd play it off like she really knew, but you could see the confusion in her eyes :( The best to you and yours.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #88831 on: February 21, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »

Got mild magma sprays and stomach pain :/
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88832 on: February 21, 2015, 04:17:40 pm »

RIP grandAlev.

I remember the last time a relative I knew well died. I feel you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88833 on: February 21, 2015, 04:30:10 pm »

RIP to him.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88834 on: February 21, 2015, 04:38:57 pm »

If you've not quite experienced with it, you're probably not in a position to state if it's overrated or not...

Or I've dated plenty and i'm sick of it, GD >.>

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88835 on: February 21, 2015, 06:23:13 pm »

I'm just in one of those moods where it feels like everything in the world strives to remind me of how much a pathetic failure I am.

I'm still struggling with what to do about my therapy situation. I'm badly inclined to wash my hands of it completely, it seems the most sensible thing to do, all the evidence points towards that, but still I feel crushed and torn up inside, and I imagine a fictional person trying to talk me through it, possibly a Bay12'er or someone else but always alike and always safe in a sense of smug intellectual & experiential superiority over me, reminding me "Hey, maybe you should go to therapy." and I try to explain why that's not possible, that it's just not possible. I feel a little bit more cornered every time this thought comes up, cornered by this fictional person, and my anxiety mounts a bit more.

The only thing I can do is go to sleep for right now. Just try to wash my hands of everything, but as I remind myself daily, I'd rather let my hands be burned by a hot coal than risk losing it by letting it go. Good night for now.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88836 on: February 21, 2015, 06:50:56 pm »

Condolences, Alev. May he rest in peace, for the living value their brains.
All of my roomates now know I practically live on this board.
I'm starting to get paranoid about whether or not they're lurking here and reading me gripe about them.
(to my credit, nothing I gripe about, I haven't already griped about to them in person. I'm honest, if a jerk)
That's why I'm so paranoid about meatspace people finding out about my Bay12 activities - I got funky topics IRL as well (it's practically become memetic among my friends - I once suggested during lunch that we should find a woman so that a (present, and female) friend could lick her finger and we could search for Y chromosomes in the resulting sample to find out whether she (the acquaintance) was a dude), but I'm fairly sure I've posted some stuff over time that's crass even for my standards.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #88837 on: February 21, 2015, 06:56:27 pm »

My girlfriend is being sad and suicidal and won't talk to me. I tried calling her but her phone is off. I want to to drive over there to try and help, but that will just make things worse with her mom. :'(

Her mom sucks. End of story.
And she can't have her debut because her mom doesn't think it's worth the effort.
:-X :-\ :'(
Those things mean a lot. Its a familial event--not just for the individual.
Though I'd nudge to get to straight details on this, Kal. Also support her like you've always did--she needs it; its mutual.

Edit: To assuage any misinterpretation--the withholding of a debut could also be in financial reasons as well as many other reasons by which its ok, so...that's why I nudged to delve into the details as far as she's comfortable with on that matter, as well as the note on why she's feeling bad. Friend support is initial and best support before any other support. :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:02:07 pm by Tiruin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88838 on: February 21, 2015, 07:13:02 pm »

If you've not quite experienced with it, you're probably not in a position to state if it's overrated or not...

Or I've dated plenty and i'm sick of it, GD >.>

I was responding to this:

Ya! Dating is overrated, that's why I've never done it. c: I'm going to die alone. hopefully.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88839 on: February 21, 2015, 07:33:28 pm »

Those things mean a lot. Its a familial event--not just for the individual.
Though I'd nudge to get to straight details on this, Kal. Also support her like you've always did--she needs it; its mutual.

Edit: To assuage any misinterpretation--the withholding of a debut could also be in financial reasons as well as many other reasons by which its ok, so...that's why I nudged to delve into the details as far as she's comfortable with on that matter, as well as the note on why she's feeling bad. Friend support is initial and best support before any other support. :D
Erm... I talked with her about it already. It's mostly because her mom doesn't want to do it. There are a few other reasons, but nothing that would make it impossible, or even much more difficult, to do.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:53:25 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88841 on: February 21, 2015, 09:26:49 pm »

Why am I such a terrible person?
Don't lie to yourself. You're a great person!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88842 on: February 21, 2015, 09:40:23 pm »

You're not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88843 on: February 21, 2015, 09:49:22 pm »

Can confirm. Caroline is awesome.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88844 on: February 21, 2015, 09:53:56 pm »

I cannot answer that question, because its premises are flawed.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5921 5922 [5923] 5924 5925 ... 8167