Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5917 5918 [5919] 5920 5921 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448447 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88770 on: February 20, 2015, 01:52:49 pm »

I don't care. It's completely disrespectful to continue doing a thing you're specifically asked multiple times not to do.

I personally feel it's disrespectful to demand other people follow arbitrary rules you just made up.

She asks nicely not to be quoted. It's just a request, not a rule so some people will follow it and others will not.  That's just the way requests work.

If she does not like the fact that she might end up quoted anyway, she should watch what she says very carefully since nobody is obligated to follow her personal requests.

Edit: unless toady or threetoe make it an official rule, of course.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:54:50 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88771 on: February 20, 2015, 02:00:41 pm »

It's still just a very simple request. Even if there's no obligation or rule for it, not complying is still a dick move.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88772 on: February 20, 2015, 02:14:18 pm »

I am sick.
Had a vaccination with no food in my stomach. Ate things, still felt like shit.

Hooray. At least it's Friday.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88773 on: February 20, 2015, 02:40:41 pm »

I don't care. It's completely disrespectful to continue doing a thing you're specifically asked multiple times not to do.

I personally feel it's disrespectful to demand other people follow arbitrary rules you just made up.

She asks nicely not to be quoted. It's just a request, not a rule so some people will follow it and others will not.  That's just the way requests work.

If she does not like the fact that she might end up quoted anyway, she should watch what she says very carefully since nobody is obligated to follow her personal requests.

Of course, if people DO continue quoting Truean, then you know what will happen? She'll stop posting.

I realize that that is generally what people say, "If you don't like it, stop posting here then," but see, I like Truean? I want her to stick around. So it bugs me when people do things, intentionally or not, to drive away people I like.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88774 on: February 20, 2015, 02:54:51 pm »

You seem to be implying there is little to no justification for their request. Truean has[Multiple times and at great length] explained the reason why they do not like to be quoted and I believe it is an excellent reason.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #88775 on: February 20, 2015, 02:59:06 pm »

That's pretty bullshit reasoning in my opinion. Have the respect for your fellow forum members to comply with their simple requests, or don't take part in the community as a whole if it's such a pain to utilize courtesy in dealings.

If you made the request not to be quoted specifically for privacy reasons, I'd expect people to respect it.

Of course, if people DO continue quoting Truean, then you know what will happen? She'll stop posting.

I realize that that is generally what people say, "If you don't like it, stop posting here then," but see, I like Truean? I want her to stick around. So it bugs me when people do things, intentionally or not, to drive away people I like.

This too. Trust me, I'd much rather have Truean posting here and not having to worry about that shit in the meantime.

And this is coming from the guy who's the jackass. Knock it off. It's rude, and people who can't respect a member's requests for something as simple as that aren't worth being nice to. It's not your job or reputation on the line if you decide to arbitrarily quote something that can be taken out of context, especially if it looks like you're doing it out of spite.

You'd think this would be simple common sense, but apparently it's not.

You seem to be implying there is little to no justification for their request. Truean has[Multiple times and at great length] explained the reason why they do not like to be quoted and I believe it is an excellent reason.

I honestly don't care what/if any reasoning is behind it. If a member makes a request like that, abide by it. I don't need to hear the reasoning behind being courteous to my fellow posters wishes.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88776 on: February 20, 2015, 03:03:04 pm »

Or so you would think. Potatoes have eyes EVERYWHERE.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88777 on: February 20, 2015, 03:30:26 pm »

"Pope Francis compares trans people to nuclear weapons!"

I can totally believe this is true, but I'm having a hard time finding another source besides GayStarNews, which appears to be a tabloid site. Can anyone else find an article that isn't about what GayStarNews said?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88778 on: February 20, 2015, 03:32:50 pm »

Regardless of whether this specific instance is true or not, there is plenty enough verifiable evidence to show that Francis is no friend to either the LGBT community nor liberalism in general. He's a PR stunt by the Catholic church to enrapture progressives and then slowly reframe them into the conservative outlook that is demanded by the institution.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88779 on: February 20, 2015, 03:41:30 pm »

All the sites I found just referred to Gay Star News like you saw.  Supposedly it's a quote from his new book "Pope Francis: This Economy Kills", but I don't exactly have a copy...

Disappointing.  He seemed like such a decent person early on.  This isn't even a case of him being rude or disrespectful, he's leveling some disgusting allegations directly at all trans people.  Same shit, different century.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88780 on: February 20, 2015, 03:51:07 pm »

Nothing says faith in your god like six inches of bullet proof glass.

Have fun with that Francis.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88781 on: February 20, 2015, 04:05:59 pm »

"Wait, he doesn't approve of gay marriage? HE MUST BE THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD!"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88782 on: February 20, 2015, 04:12:17 pm »

He's actually been relatively progressive on that issue.  I wouldn't say he "supports" gay marriage, but he spoke about inclusiveness and of accepting civil unions.

I don't expect the Pope to be actually progressive on moral issues, even though that's technically his job...

But there's a far cry between that and saying trans people "destroy, that plot designs of death, that disfigure the face of man and woman, destroying creation".

I know sometimes certain parties are quick to get outraged, but in this case he really is throwing stones.  It's particularly disturbing coming from a Pope, given... well, history.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88783 on: February 20, 2015, 04:13:48 pm »

One of the outside cats died last night from sickness.
It was the mother of our youngest indoor kitten.

She had been sneezing for days, so it's no surprise, but still.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88784 on: February 20, 2015, 04:27:33 pm »

The same pope that invited a transgender man to the vatican? Having difficulty finding other strong sources, and it doesn't say if it was mtf or ftm. but gave him a hug and told him there was a place for him in the catholic church.

He's actually been relatively progressive on that issue.  I wouldn't say he "supports" gay marriage, but he spoke about inclusiveness and of accepting civil unions.

I don't expect the Pope to be actually progressive on moral issues, even though that's technically his job...

But there's a far cry between that and saying trans people "destroy, that plot designs of death, that disfigure the face of man and woman, destroying creation".

I know sometimes certain parties are quick to get outraged, but in this case he really is throwing stones.  It's particularly disturbing coming from a Pope, given... well, history.
His 'job' is to enforce the dogma of the Catholic Church, which does not fit in with transgenderism very well (if at all). Not defending the man, but one can accept transexuals as people and disagree with transgenderism itself.

---

Now I think that trans people should be able to change to what they feel is right, and I disagree with the pope in his views.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 5917 5918 [5919] 5920 5921 ... 8167